Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

i kind of stopped reading, but to the guy who originally posted to fredpaul in the first place in the CC --

look on the brightside, you know he wont be staying very long!! :D
3/15/2012 2:52 AM
is it or is it not right to disrespect a coach?
3/15/2012 2:52 AM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 1:49:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
Recently, Reinsel left Queens after winning his first NT (congrats) and Fredpaull took his job. Fredpaull is the absolute worst coach I’ve seen in HD for several reasons:
He’s terrible. At one time his last team was an A prestige. As of now 9 of the 12 players on that team (Arkansas Tech) were recruited by him. 5 of those are juniors and the o that team that he’s recruited is a 635.
Lots of guys are terrible though and are decent people so that doesn’t bother me too much, but…
He’s a job jumper. Most people don’t respect coaches who coach different jobs all the time. He’s now coaching his 10th team in 25 seasons. Compare this to other worlds he’s in: Rupp 9 teams in 31 seasons, Smith 4 teams in 7 seasons, and Allen 3 teams in 9 seasons. So, obviously he does this everywhere.
This is more of an annoying trait and I don’t like coaches who do it, but it’s not enough to completely hate a guy. So…
He’s a complete jerk."

The agenda this coach has against me is not in the spirit of the sim. I might be the worst coach the sim has ever had but I do not believe this rant is appropriate. And then this coach doesn't like the return comments to these remarks.
Sorry, I know I said I would stop posting, but I can't resist when you 'forget;, for the second time in this thread, to fully quote me (Note: my transcripts did not cut anyone's quotes off) and in doing so left off the meat of my argument. The premise of my argument being that you behave like a jerk towards others and deserve to be called out for it. Also, at this point this i've realized using logical arguments simply isn't going to work with you (as evidenced by the fact that I supplied several of those arguments in a lengthy sitemail to you (which can be seen in the other thread) but you havn't seemed to provide logical counters to any of those arguments), so, i've started to just start laughing. My roommate, who shares this ID with me, and I have been checking this thread every couple hours and just laughing for minutes at a time (kind of awkward considering we went out tonight and had to explain to numerous people why we keep passing the smart phone and laughing uncontrollably). 
Also, didn't you claim in a sitemail that me posting those transcripts and allowing others to react to them was gossip? How is this any different?
Don't send me any more game requests either. I like to play top quality teams and coaches, and I don't think your team will fit the bill when most of the players are your own next season. You know I won't accept so stop doing these things. Stop trying to bait me into saying something stupid because I have the common sense not to do so.
Anyways here's the reasoning for my he's a complete jerk comment which was the crux of my reasoning (Note: for full transcripts of this look at the last post here

He’s a complete jerk.
Example 1: This is a conversation while recruiting was going on between him and a first year in D2 coach:
12/05
7:08 PM fredpaull
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
trey, don't waste your time recruiting against me. You will not win and I will drain your recruiting money. If you don't believe me, go ahead and learn a lesson. This is not to disrespect you, I just don't want you to waste the time, money and effort.
12/05
8:40 PM r7gordon
  wow.....I don't know Trey....for that I'd almost make him spend his nut to do it....10 miles vs 800 miles....although he does have a bit of a prestige advantage.....I think it would have been in much better taste to site mail you as opposed to post ...
12/05
  ...it on CC....
12/05
9:51 PM fredpaull
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
hell r7gordon, we are all men here. If you want to be a puss then be one. I'm trying to save the coach some money. Why don't you site mail me? Did you? I don't look.
12/05
9:53 PM fredpaull
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
I still can't believe it. You want me to play for Arkansas Tech?? And by play, I mean, play?!?!? This is best the day in the history of days. Donald Young
12/05
9:55 PM fredpaull
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
and r7, why don't you tell it like it is. "a little prestige advantage? From an A to a C+?" You fudged the truth to Trey. I'm sure you would like Trey to use up his money, right?
12/05
11:12 PM treymcnickle
  Awesome man you are gonna get Donald Young...Congrats
12/05
11:19 PM steuarjd
  Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
12/05
11:44 PM r7gordon
  Sorry Fred..I wasn't trying to ruin your fun and evening in the wide wide world of WIS. In the future if you are going to quote me can you please use my words and not tilt my words to support your side of the story? I said "A bit" of an ...
12/05
  ...advantage not "A LITTLE bit". I think you would also have a hard time convincing many that you were just looking out for Trey...I don't think you care about his time or recruiting money...I think you were trying to save yourself some ...
12/05
  ...recruiting cash. If you were trying to help him, than why not offer up some substance other than he can either take your word for it or learn a lesson...I would have been happy to have a little back and forth on the subject but when you break out ...
12/05
  ...the name calling in sentence two, you lost 100% of your credibility with me. I honestly just want Trey to have a sucessful recruiting class, I enjoy playing in competative conferences...I will quit sticking my nose in on your matters,( I'm not ...
12/05
  ...posting again on this, so you can have the last word)..you can continue to be a Coaches Corner Bully (that's exactley what you did) without any interference from me. Good Luck with your season......
12/06
12:26 AM runninute
  Wow - you don't pay attention for an evening and miss all the excitement! I agree with r7 - A A vs. C+ compared to 30 miles vs. 800 miles seems more like a wash to me. You can afford three times the number of home visits for the same cost. In the ...
12/06
  ...interest of game science, see if it pans out. :)
Cheating is one thing, but being a complete (word I can’t type here) to a new coach is terrible. I don’t want to appear like I’m taking this game too seriously, but this game is supposed to be fun and acting this way especially towards a new coach discourages coaches from continuing to play.
Example 2: This is how he reacts to another coach in his old conference  slightly questioning him:
2/23
12:08 PM fredpaull
Queens
(ECC)
My player is now #5 all time scorer in D2 history in this world. Has a great chance to finish #2 if he doesn't get hurt.

2/23
1:56 PM movingtarget
Wasn't that guy recruited by someone else? I'm just sayin'...

2/23
5:14 PM fredpaull
Queens
(ECC)
moving, yes, but he played under my coaching for 3 seasons. Are you telling me that coaching has nothing to do with this sim? I guess you are the kind of coach that doesn't give credit to coaches that replace you when you leave a program (and are ...
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
...successful-you want to take the credit) and you don't have anything to do with the success of teams (and players) you move to as the previous coach did it all and should get total credit You can't have it both ways...just saying.... Moving, I want ...
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
...to tell you something. Once you take a job you are responsible 100 percent. Again, just saying.....

2/24
1:50 PM movingtarget
Wow...hit a nerve. Actually, technically you don't know me, fredpaul. You can guess all you like about what kind of anything I am but I guarantee you'll be wrong. I truly don't take this game, or indeed, anything else in life quite so seriously. ...
2/24
...See, if you knew me, you'd understand completely.

This isn’t as serious, but shows that he is a complete (again word I can’t type here). Also, he obviously doesn’t know anything because a guy with: ATH 59, SPD 98, REB 2, DE 49, SB 6, LP 2, PE 100, BH 93, P 70, is going to be a really good scorer in any season. 
Anyways, this guy represents everything that is wrong with hd. I doubt he’d ever get banned, but I hope he figures out he should either not be a jerk or just decides to quit. 

3/15/2012 2:53 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/15/2012 2:52:00 AM (view original):
i kind of stopped reading, but to the guy who originally posted to fredpaul in the first place in the CC --

I think I might be in the conference for a while.
3/15/2012 2:54 AM
"Rant
Recently, Reinsel left Queens after winning his first NT (congrats) and Fredpaull took his job. Fredpaull is the absolute worst coach I’ve seen in HD for several reasons:
He’s terrible. At one time his last team was an A prestige. As of now 9 of the 12 players on that team (Arkansas Tech) were recruited by him. 5 of those are juniors and the o that team that he’s recruited is a 635.
Lots of guys are terrible though and are decent people so that doesn’t bother me too much, but…
He’s a job jumper. Most people don’t respect coaches who coach different jobs all the time. He’s now coaching his 10th team in 25 seasons. Compare this to other worlds he’s in: Rupp 9 teams in 31 seasons, Smith 4 teams in 7 seasons, and Allen 3 teams in 9 seasons. So, obviously he does this everywhere.
This is more of an annoying trait and I don’t like coaches who do it, but it’s not enough to completely hate a guy. So…
He’s a complete jerk."

The agenda this coach has against me is not in the spirit of the sim. I might be the worst coach the sim has ever had but I do not believe this rant is appropriate. And then this coach doesn't like the return comments to these remarks.
everything about you is not in the spirit of the sim. what a joke. i would shoot myself before i'd let you teach my kid. good god. no wonder 3 of them ended up on death row and 4 of them on drugs or whatever bogus crap you were spewing. although, obviously A HELL OF A LOT MORE of them ended up on drugs. you can be damn sure of that! i mean seriously... if 3 of them were so scarred, they went out and brutally murdered people, ending on death row... you think only 4 did drugs? uh-huh. i could almost believe you fredpaul until u came out with that one!
3/15/2012 2:56 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 3/15/2012 2:53:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
He’s a complete jerk."

Sorry, I know I said I would stop posting, but I can't resist when you 'forget;, for the second time in this thread, to fully quote me (Note: my transcripts did not cut anyone's quotes off) and in doing so left off the meat of my argument. The premise of my argument being that you behave like a jerk towards others and deserve to be called out for it. Also, at this point this i've realized using logical arguments simply isn't going to work with you (as evidenced by the fact that I supplied several of those arguments in a lengthy sitemail to you (which can be seen in the other thread) but you havn't seemed to provide logical counters to any of those arguments), so, i've started to just start laughing. My roommate, who shares this ID with me, and I have been checking this thread every couple hours and just laughing for minutes at a time (kind of awkward considering we went out tonight and had to explain to numerous people why we keep passing the smart phone and laughing uncontrollably). 
Also, didn't you claim in a sitemail that me posting those transcripts and allowing others to react to them was gossip? How is this any different?
Don't send me any more game requests either. I like to play top quality teams and coaches, and I don't think your team will fit the bill when most of the players are your own next season. You know I won't accept so stop doing these things. Stop trying to bait me into saying something stupid because I have the common sense not to do so.
Anyways here's the reasoning for my he's a complete jerk comment which was the crux of my reasoning (Note: for full transcripts of this look at the last post here

He’s a complete jerk.
Example 1: This is a conversation while recruiting was going on between him and a first year in D2 coach:
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
trey, don't waste your time recruiting against me. You will not win and I will drain your recruiting money. If you don't believe me, go ahead and learn a lesson. This is not to disrespect you, I just don't want you to waste the time, money and effort.
12/05
  wow.....I don't know Trey....for that I'd almost make him spend his nut to do it....10 miles vs 800 miles....although he does have a bit of a prestige advantage.....I think it would have been in much better taste to site mail you as opposed to post ...
12/05
  ...it on CC....
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
hell r7gordon, we are all men here. If you want to be a puss then be one. I'm trying to save the coach some money. Why don't you site mail me? Did you? I don't look.
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
I still can't believe it. You want me to play for Arkansas Tech?? And by play, I mean, play?!?!? This is best the day in the history of days. Donald Young
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
and r7, why don't you tell it like it is. "a little prestige advantage? From an A to a C+?" You fudged the truth to Trey. I'm sure you would like Trey to use up his money, right?
12/05
12/05
12/05
  Sorry Fred..I wasn't trying to ruin your fun and evening in the wide wide world of WIS. In the future if you are going to quote me can you please use my words and not tilt my words to support your side of the story? I said "A bit" of an ...
12/05
  ...advantage not "A LITTLE bit". I think you would also have a hard time convincing many that you were just looking out for Trey...I don't think you care about his time or recruiting money...I think you were trying to save yourself some ...
12/05
  ...recruiting cash. If you were trying to help him, than why not offer up some substance other than he can either take your word for it or learn a lesson...I would have been happy to have a little back and forth on the subject but when you break out ...
12/05
  ...the name calling in sentence two, you lost 100% of your credibility with me. I honestly just want Trey to have a sucessful recruiting class, I enjoy playing in competative conferences...I will quit sticking my nose in on your matters,( I'm not ...
12/05
  ...posting again on this, so you can have the last word)..you can continue to be a Coaches Corner Bully (that's exactley what you did) without any interference from me. Good Luck with your season......
12/06
  Wow - you don't pay attention for an evening and miss all the excitement! I agree with r7 - A A vs. C+ compared to 30 miles vs. 800 miles seems more like a wash to me. You can afford three times the number of home visits for the same cost. In the ...
12/06
Cheating is one thing, but being a complete (word I can’t type here) to a new coach is terrible. I don’t want to appear like I’m taking this game too seriously, but this game is supposed to be fun and acting this way especially towards a new coach discourages coaches from continuing to play.
Example 2: This is how he reacts to another coach in his old conference  slightly questioning him:
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
My player is now #5 all time scorer in D2 history in this world. Has a great chance to finish #2 if he doesn't get hurt.

2/23

2/23
Queens
(ECC)
moving, yes, but he played under my coaching for 3 seasons. Are you telling me that coaching has nothing to do with this sim? I guess you are the kind of coach that doesn't give credit to coaches that replace you when you leave a program (and are ...
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
...successful-you want to take the credit) and you don't have anything to do with the success of teams (and players) you move to as the previous coach did it all and should get total credit You can't have it both ways...just saying.... Moving, I want ...
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
...to tell you something. Once you take a job you are responsible 100 percent. Again, just saying.....

2/24
Wow...hit a nerve. Actually, technically you don't know me, fredpaul. You can guess all you like about what kind of anything I am but I guarantee you'll be wrong. I truly don't take this game, or indeed, anything else in life quite so seriously. ...
2/24

This isn’t as serious, but shows that he is a complete (again word I can’t type here). Also, he obviously doesn’t know anything because a guy with: ATH 59, SPD 98, REB 2, DE 49, SB 6, LP 2, PE 100, BH 93, P 70, is going to be a really good scorer in any season. 
Anyways, this guy represents everything that is wrong with hd. I doubt he’d ever get banned, but I hope he figures out he should either not be a jerk or just decides to quit. 

coach, you act like a big shot. Who are you? Are you trying to "bully" me out of the sim?  You continue to be disrespectful toward me.

3/15/2012 2:58 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/15/2012 2:58:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
He’s a complete jerk."

everything about you is not in the spirit of the sim. what a joke. i would shoot myself before i'd let you teach my kid. good god. no wonder 3 of them ended up on death row and 4 of them on drugs or whatever bogus crap you were spewing. although, obviously A HELL OF A LOT MORE of them ended up on drugs. you can be damn sure of that! i mean seriously... if 3 of them were so scarred, they went out and brutally murdered people, ending on death row... you think only 4 did drugs? uh-huh. i could almost believe you fredpaul until u came out with that one!
You really shouldn't say you would shoot yourself. 
3/15/2012 2:59 AM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 2:54:00 AM (view original):

If 3 seasons is awhile then your are correct! Or as you have shown in the past you will end up jumping to the highest prestige team in that conference once Queens drops, which it will soon!
3/15/2012 3:01 AM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 2:58:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
He’s a complete jerk."

He’s a complete jerk.
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
12/05
  ...it on CC....
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/06
12/06
2/23
Queens
(ECC)

2/23

2/23
Queens
(ECC)
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
2/23
Queens
(ECC)

2/24
2/24

coach, you act like a big shot. Who are you? Are you trying to "bully" me out of the sim?  You continue to be disrespectful toward me.

All this stuff is hilarious. Even my girlfriend, who normally hates hd, has been following this and laughing at most of your points. 
Like I said to you in a sitemail:

So, when you do it to attack someone without facts it's O.K.? But when I call you out on it and utilize facts, i'm a bully?
3/15/2012 3:03 AM
I cannot say that I expected the thread to bring out the worst in hoops coaches, but I guess you get what you get.  If all you guys are really that seriously troubled about me and how I coach, well, I will state again, I am sorry.  I have to admit I would like to know the ages of some of you guys, but many of you don't show that information.  If any of you are over fifty, I completely understand where you are coming from. For those who might be younger, say like twenties, sorry about that.
3/15/2012 3:05 AM
Fredpaull used troll. It was super effective.
3/15/2012 3:07 AM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 3/15/2012 3:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 2:54:00 AM (view original):

If 3 seasons is awhile then your are correct! Or as you have shown in the past you will end up jumping to the highest prestige team in that conference once Queens drops, which it will soon!
Thanks for the comment skinzfan36. 
3/15/2012 3:07 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 3/15/2012 3:07:00 AM (view original):
Fredpaull used troll. It was super effective.
I did troll the Seattle newspapers when we "stole" the Sonics.  That is a fact.
3/15/2012 3:09 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 3/15/2012 3:03:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
He’s a complete jerk."

He’s a complete jerk.
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
12/05
  ...it on CC....
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/06
12/06
2/23
Queens
(ECC)

2/23

2/23
Queens
(ECC)
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
2/23
Queens
(ECC)

2/24
2/24

All this stuff is hilarious. Even my girlfriend, who normally hates hd, has been following this and laughing at most of your points. 

So, when you do it to attack someone without facts it's O.K.? But when I call you out on it and utilize facts, i'm a bully?
Finally, you are getting it. Congratulations! I'm married, no girlfriend.  And I sure as hell don't want one. Ever heard of the word "NEEDY"?
3/15/2012 3:11 AM
Posted by fredpaull on 3/15/2012 3:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by therewas47 on 3/15/2012 3:03:00 AM (view original):
"Rant
He’s a complete jerk."

He’s a complete jerk.
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
12/05
  ...it on CC....
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
Arkansas Tech
(Gulf South)
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/05
12/06
12/06
2/23
Queens
(ECC)

2/23

2/23
Queens
(ECC)
2/23
Queens
(ECC)
2/23
Queens
(ECC)

2/24
2/24

Finally, you are getting it. Congratulations! I'm married, no girlfriend.  And I sure as hell don't want one. Ever heard of the word "NEEDY"?
Wow calling out a 22 year old for not being married. Good stuff. 
Edit: Also, you earlier told me something to the effect of me not knowing who you are. Well that works both ways, so, don't make comments about my girlfriend or women in general (can't tell which you were doing). That's disrespectful. 
3/15/2012 3:16 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...14 Next ▸
Random Thread (title was chanaged upon request) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.