All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page
3/18/2012 7:41 AM
It's 5 or 10 percent.
3/18/2012 9:15 AM
Who is Jose Botista? 
3/18/2012 9:44 AM
"The coolest new feature for this page (and many pages) is the concept of "Custom Views". You'll notice the View dropdown above the starting lineup. We are creating a system where we have a predefined list of views (including one for each of the views the current game has) but also the ability for each user to create their own set of custom views to be shared across all leagues."

I would like to see vs RHP and vs LHP in the custom views.   Along with 2b/AB or PA and those type of stats.
3/18/2012 9:47 AM
Real minor issue.....

The red/black/green font color for fatigue setting isn't real bright.  I would prefer that to "catch the eye" like the current contrast setting for fatigue #'s.   
3/18/2012 9:35 PM
Custom Views= Huge +
Fielding grades on this page= huge +
SB aggressiveness would be a great idea.  I think to have the ability to custom set SB aggressiveness based on Catcher arm would make it more realistic.  Having Ty Cobb attempt more steals against a C+ arm than an A+ arm would be super realistic.  
3/18/2012 10:48 PM
Having individual base running settings again is a nice feature to have back. Arlenwilliam will be pleased!

I know it's a very large amount of work, but it looks like you've already taken his update to be a large amount of work, so, I'd still really really really like to have home/away lineup settings.

Otherwise, looks great so far!
3/19/2012 5:54 PM
Can someone from admin answer the question regarding the effect currently put into use in the sim engine for a righty hitter vs. lefty pitcher, etc. I'd really appreciate it.
3/19/2012 7:38 PM
RHP vs LHP is a must for custom views.
3/20/2012 12:01 AM
Red is a difficult font color for people with certain types of color-blindness.  Otherwise, I like the new look a lot!
3/20/2012 12:39 AM
I am confused why some players are listed in the line-up and on the bench.  I like the way % (fatigue) is shown, but will the new controls allow us to bench a player less than 100% as opposed to 99%?

As someone else mentioned, I'd like to see use details without hovering as this is not supported on touch screen devices.

Also I'd like to see fielding grades on the defensive graphic if possible.
3/20/2012 1:32 AM (edited)
I echo the sentiment that functional improvements far, far outweigh the pretty graphics.  This game is not made for the people who like pretty graphics.  Such games are a dime a dozen.

This game is played by those who love baseball statistics, history, matchups across time, and matching wits with other real people (not AI opponents).  I would contend that most who play this game would be more impressed by improvements such as those already suggested as well as a few more:

- Control over individual base running aggressiveness (no real life manager would use the approach for Willie Wilson and Prince Fielder)

- Control over base stealing tendencies depending on catcher's arm, game situation, etc.

- Scouting pages that include RHP/LHP lineup tendencies (includes last ten games against RHP and LHP as well as scheduled lineups)

- Fatigue rating on the page instead of requiring hovering cursor popup

- Home/Away lineup settings, or maybe even ballpark- specific settings based on the ballparks in that particular league

- Change pinch hitting and pinch running to situational settings at an individual level (e.g. PH for Ty Cobb if trailing by 5 or more runs in the 7th inning or later, or if leading by 6 or more runs in the 8th inning or later; PH for Tom Brookens if trailing by 3 runs or less in the 6th inning or later, or if tied or leading by 2 or fewer runs in the 7th inning or later)

- Allow use of pitchers at other positions that they are rated for (makes for more realistic play of 19th century and early 20th century players)

- Allow use of pitchers in PH hierarchies

- Progressive league keeper functionality and other related functionality
   - Draft capability based on progressive league player pool definition (keepers and draftees are highlighted with designation as to which team owns the player)
   - Offseason trade capability including the ability to trade draft picks
   - In season trade capability that includes trading of draft picks
   - Commissioner defined rules for Progressive league draft slotting (including weighted lotteries, snake style and straight drafts, tiebreakers, balancing of picks for tiebreakers, etc.)
   - Automated draft position slotting based on the defined set of rules
   - Disabled list tracking
   - Waiver wire that includes only available players within progressive league player pool

The new graphics are nice to have, but in my opinion they do not represent an improvement in the game of any value.
3/20/2012 7:34 AM

My current job (for 2 more weeks, I gave notice last week) is as lead business analyst for a Fortune 50 company web site. 

I have to balance the user experience (ie: pretty graphics) vs site function and load time.  My user experience architects are always pushing for cooler graphics and my IT developers are always pushing for more functionality or faster load time.

This redesign looks like the UX people are winning out at WIS. 

What new functions are being added?  I don't see much. 

3/20/2012 10:43 AM
I don't care so much what it looks like as what it will allow me to do. So put me down as a vote for utility over looks whenever a choice has to be made.
3/20/2012 2:05 PM
long standing gripe by me:

that page needs the R stat

Runs

you got PA so you don't need AB

swap out the AB for R

now is the time!

you can do it!

pull the trigger!
3/20/2012 3:15 PM
A minor thing which has always bugged me - On the league page for team stats, a team is only credited with a shutout if it is a complete-game shutout by the starting pitcher.  A shutout is a shutout, whether it's by one guy or five guys! 

And I would agree with most of the guys above - I vote for FUNCTIONALITY OVER GRAPHICS !!!
of 6
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > Manager's Office - Edit Lineups Page

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.