Tim Tebow Topic

Posted by dmurphy104 on 3/21/2012 10:03:00 PM (view original):
nah, its more a product of the media's over the top love of Tim Tebow.

http://www.maxim.com/sports/golden-showers-of-praise-tim-tebow
Cowherd hasn't done a show in 7 months that didn't have a segment on Tebow.
3/22/2012 10:40 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 3/22/2012 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 3/21/2012 5:12:00 PM (view original):
Ya, Elway sucks. If only he could find a way to sign the greatest QB in NFL hist....oh, wait a minute.
He didn't sign Brady or Brees...did he?
I'll listen to an argument for Brady but if you think Brees has done enough yet to be in the Greatest of All-time discussion, your crazy
3/22/2012 11:39 AM
It always comes back to the Patriots with these damn massholes.
3/22/2012 12:05 PM
3/22/2012 12:49 PM
Posted by moranis on 3/21/2012 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Tim Tebow was brought to the Jets to run the wildcat and certain other red zone packages and for that he is a perfect fit.
Of Course.  Its no suprise that the morons on this site dont understand this.

Even though the Jets now have the 2 worst passers in the NFL, its a great move.  Tebow will never be the starting QB.  But he will be much more than a backup. Last season the Jets backup QB played in, I think,  maybe 10 plays all season. Tebow as the backup will practically split the time with Sanchez.  Dont forget the inventor of The Wildcat is the Jets new  offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.  Who better to run it than Tebow.  Its a perfect fit. And every time they run the wildcat Sanchez wont be throwing the ball.

I like it.
3/22/2012 1:34 PM (edited)
Uh....    I lost you after you admitted that the Jets had the 2 worst passers in the NFL as their #1 & #2 quarterbacks, and liked the move.
3/22/2012 1:31 PM
New York Jets needed Tebow for scrambling purposes because Buffalo Bills' new D (Williams/Anderson) plan on sacking Sanchez lots!
3/22/2012 1:38 PM
Yes but we established that you're a retard for all the hand-wringing over having Tebow on your roster.   As if his mere presence made your team worse.   If you'd like to explain how, I'll listen even though I imagine you'll drool all over the keyboard while typing.
3/22/2012 1:40 PM
Sorry, "retard" is one of the new off-limits words in America.   Probably used by bullies or something.  Mentally-challenged is what I meant.
3/22/2012 1:43 PM
Posted by eschwartz67 on 3/22/2012 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Uh....    I lost you after you admitted that the Jets had the 2 worst passers in the NFL as their #1 & #2 quarterbacks, and liked the move.
OK true but follow this and tell me what you think.

Sanchez sucked last season, no doubt about that.  The Jets, for some reason known to them, but not to us, they extended him. Whether he is one of the worst passer in the league or not Mark Sanchez is the NY Jets starting QB.  Tim Tebow is a worse passer than Sanchez. They didnt bring in a guy worse than Sanchez to compete for the starting role.  

"Mark Sanchez is, has been and will be our starting quarterback," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said on conference call late Wednesday night.

Now they have 2 QBs that will both play.  Sanchez and his frail ego will be the starting QB and get spelled, not by Tebow, but by the "Tebow plays".  They wont take him out of the game to play a different QB, they will take him out of the game to run the plays not in his package, in Tebows package.

Tebow wont feel he is a backup rotting on the bench, he'll be the non-starting other QB that will never have to do the thing he does the worst - pass!  Tony Sparano is the master of the wildcat.  Tebow is probably the best guy in the universe to run it.  Tebow sucsess can from his running and scrambling and improvising.  His failure came when he had to throw.  Now the Jets can use his strenghts and when its time to throw take him out.  Makes sense to me. Now we will have Sanchez passing less and Tebow not hardly at all.  

Make sense to anyone but me?
3/22/2012 1:59 PM (edited)
Yes, it actually makes perfect sense.   That's why I didn't understand the "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" that emitted from a couple of Jets fans.

The WORST thing that can happen is Sanchez gets pouty because he's not out there 100% of the time.   However, if that's his make-up, you're probably better off finding another option anyway.   He has to recognize that he's not among the NFL elite.

Additionally, I don't see Tebow making a stink over wanting more playing time.  The fans may but they're fans.   They don't have a say in who plays.
3/22/2012 1:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2012 12:05:00 PM (view original):
We have the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB, hard to not talk about them 24/7
3/22/2012 2:02 PM
Well as a Jet fan I also said "NOOOOOOOOOO!" because I didnt really like Tebow and I think he's a horrible quarterback.  That was pretty much the 1st reaction of all Jet fans. The same reaction to extending Sanchez.  WTF??? They took a poll in NY on the Tebow trade.  Bad move 62%  Good move 32%.  But when I came to my senses and thought about Sparano and this wildcard and redzone plays it made sense and, again, I like it.
3/22/2012 2:05 PM
Posted by deanod on 3/22/2012 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/22/2012 12:05:00 PM (view original):
We have the GOAT coach and the GOAT QB, hard to not talk about them 24/7
Yet somehow I manage to do it.
3/22/2012 2:07 PM
As I said earlier, I could understand not wanting Tebow as your #1.    But there's nothing about his presence on your roster that makes your team worse. 
3/22/2012 2:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...15 Next ▸
Tim Tebow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.