Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 12/30/2012 11:38:00 AM (view original):
When Company A pays an employee money, it's because the employee earned that money.
When Company B pays a health insurance company that provides plan B contraception/abortion pills, it's because the federal government has mandated them to do so.

That is a material difference.

Not to mention, health care insurance is not always fully paid for by the employer.  The employee often has to pay a good chunk of the premiums as well.  Employees who might have a moral objection to contraception/abortion might have a problem with being mandated by the federal government to pay money to a health insurance company that provides contraception/abortion pills to other people.  In essence, they are being forced by the government to subsidize what they believe to be immoral actions.
Allow me to refresh your memory.

Companies enter into mutual agreements with employees to provide pay for work.  The government defines a minimum wage for the agreement, but plays no other role in the agreement between employee and employer.  There is no implied provisions as to what the employee can or cannot do with their income after it has been earned.

The government does mandate that companies subsidize health insurance benefits for employees, which includes contraception/abortion benefits.  Employees are now also mandated to participate in such plans, i.e. they also have to pay for benefits which include contraception/abortion benefits, which either (or both) employee and employer may regard as immoral.

12/31/2012 1:06 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 12/31/2012 1:20:00 PM (view original):
The benefits are available, but if the employee doesn't agree with contraceptives he/she is free to not use them. No one is being forced to take contraceptives. 
But they are being forced to subsidize other peoples contracteption/abortions.

Do you not understand that?
12/31/2012 1:26 PM
Kudos to President Obama for his outstanding leadership in preventing the United States of America from going over the fiscal cliff.

Oh, wait . . . 

Never mind.
12/31/2012 6:17 PM
So have we decided?  Worst President Ever?
12/31/2012 6:25 PM
1/1/2013 11:57 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 12/31/2012 6:50:00 PM (view original):
BEST PRESIDENTS IN MY LIFETIME:

FDR
CLINTON
WILSON
OBAMA
IKE
TRUMAN

WORST PRESIDENTS:
CARTER
DUBYA
PAPPY BUSH
COOLIDGE
REAGEN
HOOVER
+ 1
1/1/2013 12:15 PM
I want an age check...How many of you were actually alive for Coolidge, Wilson and Hoover?
1/1/2013 1:08 PM
ALl 9 Presidents of my life in order from best to worst....

Reagan
Clinton
Bush 43
LBJ
Ford
Bush 41
Nixon
Obama
Carter
1/1/2013 1:13 PM
Reagan
Clinton
LBJ
Nixon
Ford
Bush 41
Bush 43
Obama
Carter

I typically slant socially liberal and fiscally conservative.  Surprised myself by having 2 Dems in the top 3 there.  Going through this it becomes apparent that it's been a ****** run for leadership in my lifetime.  Especialy so in my childrens' lifetime.
1/2/2013 12:05 PM

Obama First Since ’56 to Win 51% Twice

Barack Obama is the first president in more than five decades to win at least 51 percent of the national popular vote twice, according to a revised vote count in New York eight weeks after the Nov. 6 election.

State election officials submitted a final tally on Dec. 31 that added about 400,000 votes, most of them from provisional ballots in the Democratic stronghold of New York City that were counted late in part because of complications caused by Hurricane Sandy.

The president nationally won 65.9 million votes — or 51.1 percent — against Republican challenger Mitt Romney, who took 60.9 million votes and 47.2 percent of the total cast. Obama is the first president to achieve the 51 percent mark in two elections since Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower, who did it in 1952 and 1956, and the first Democrat to do so since Franklin D. Roosevelt. Read More Here

1/5/2013 3:09 PM
Posted by antoncresten on 1/5/2013 3:09:00 PM (view original):

Obama First Since ’56 to Win 51% Twice

Barack Obama is the first president in more than five decades to win at least 51 percent of the national popular vote twice, according to a revised vote count in New York eight weeks after the Nov. 6 election.

State election officials submitted a final tally on Dec. 31 that added about 400,000 votes, most of them from provisional ballots in the Democratic stronghold of New York City that were counted late in part because of complications caused by Hurricane Sandy.

The president nationally won 65.9 million votes — or 51.1 percent — against Republican challenger Mitt Romney, who took 60.9 million votes and 47.2 percent of the total cast. Obama is the first president to achieve the 51 percent mark in two elections since Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower, who did it in 1952 and 1956, and the first Democrat to do so since Franklin D. Roosevelt. Read More Here

They didnt seem to mention the other trend.

Only 2 term president in a LONG time to be less popular in his 2nd term than his first term.

Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower, Roosevelt.

The only one!
1/5/2013 3:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...182|183|184|185|186...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.