Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 10/9/2014 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/9/2014 6:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/9/2014 12:02:00 AM (view original):
So the "European system," as you describe it, is "a killing machine?"

Why is it, exactly, that on average they live longer than we do?
Europeans live a healthier lifestyle.  In particular, with the way they eat.
You mean "in the way they don't eat", right?    We're fat.    Every person I've ever worked with from a foreign country has commented on portion size at restaurants.   And I'd wager we're all guilty of overeating occassionally.    6 oz steak dinner is $22.99.   12 oz is $29.99.   Almost everyone goes for the value.
Yes, that's a big (no pun intended) part of it.  But it's also what we eat compared to what they eat.  US diets are generally higher in fat, less balance between meats, vegetables and fruits, and much lower in nutritional value compared to European diets.

Though I will say that I've noticed a trend since my first visit to Europe in 1995 and my most recent one in 2013.  They are trending the same way, though still a number of years behind us.  I'm seeing larger portion sizes and more "junk" food.

10/9/2014 9:19 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/9/2014 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2014 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2014 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2014 10:46:00 PM (view original):
I can't believe people are still arguing that the ACA is "working."

Iraq you can entirely blame on Bush, and you're well within your rights.  If we'd never been there, Sadam Hussein would probably still be in power, and if nothing else it would be politically stable.

The economy you can blame on Bush.  It's not really his fault, any more than it's really Obama's fault, but everybody wants to blame it on some president or another, so whatever.  Clinton policies really started the runaway lending market, but for all we know things may have plateaued healthily and stabilized themselves without a recession if 9/11 hadn't prompted the "Great Recession," who knows.  If we blame it on the terrorists we can all agree, right?

But seriously, Obamacare works?  Utterly absurd.
It's the definition of "working" that is in dispute.

More people have access to healthcare.   Many of those who previously had healthcare are paying more for the same or less.  I know people in all three groups:
Didn't have, now have
Did have, pay less
Did have, pay more

I fall into category #3 so, obviously, it's not "working" for me.
How do you know the ACA caused you to pay more? Rates have been going up for years.
I suppose we can all just be Obamacare apologists and ignore the fact that it has indeed increased healthcare costs for a number of people.

I guess it could be an astonishing coincidence that the rate increase/deductible has been substantially more than in previous years. 

10/9/2014 9:33 AM
I'm sure BL will tell us "sh*t happens!".
10/9/2014 9:40 AM
I think the ACA gave companies/insurance companies a reason to raise rates.   Can't prove it so it's not a winning argument(BL will chalk this admission up as another internet win) but, sometimes, 1+1+1 does equal 3.

10/9/2014 10:12 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/9/2014 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/8/2014 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2014 2:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/7/2014 10:46:00 PM (view original):
I can't believe people are still arguing that the ACA is "working."

Iraq you can entirely blame on Bush, and you're well within your rights.  If we'd never been there, Sadam Hussein would probably still be in power, and if nothing else it would be politically stable.

The economy you can blame on Bush.  It's not really his fault, any more than it's really Obama's fault, but everybody wants to blame it on some president or another, so whatever.  Clinton policies really started the runaway lending market, but for all we know things may have plateaued healthily and stabilized themselves without a recession if 9/11 hadn't prompted the "Great Recession," who knows.  If we blame it on the terrorists we can all agree, right?

But seriously, Obamacare works?  Utterly absurd.
It's the definition of "working" that is in dispute.

More people have access to healthcare.   Many of those who previously had healthcare are paying more for the same or less.  I know people in all three groups:
Didn't have, now have
Did have, pay less
Did have, pay more

I fall into category #3 so, obviously, it's not "working" for me.
How do you know the ACA caused you to pay more? Rates have been going up for years.
I suppose we can all just be Obamacare apologists and ignore the fact that it has indeed increased healthcare costs for a number of people.
I'm not saying the ACA did or did not cause his rate to go up I'm asking how he knows it was due to the ACA? Insurance rates have been going up for years.
10/9/2014 10:19 AM
Wife has worked at one of the worlds largest corporations for seven years. First time in seven years our rates haven't gone up.

Premium rates are expected to go up, on average, 8.2 percent in 2015. Lower than the 10 percent average of recent years. Numbers by Price Waterhouse based on the 29 states where that info is available.
10/9/2014 11:06 AM
Then it's "working" for you.  Congrats.

Pretty sure no one has said "NO ONE BENEFITS!!!!"
10/9/2014 11:13 AM
Taintcare?
10/9/2014 11:58 AM
Is that your "argue on the internet" alias?   As in you play the games under another username?

******* psycho.
10/9/2014 12:02 PM
No.  Why would you think that I'm somebody else?
10/9/2014 12:06 PM
Nevermind.  You're a bad HBD owner.  6067-8027 (0.430)   LOL
10/9/2014 1:10 PM
At least he's won a WS.
10/9/2014 1:10 PM
  And he didn't just pull the dream act out of his *** to try and grant amnesty to 12 million illegals.  He didn't use the IRS to target citizens of a particular ilk and deny them tax-exempt status. He didn't invite union agitators to a White House summit on jobs or dump over 1 trillion dollars into "shovel ready" jobs that went straight to pension funds to prop up his base for the next election.  He didn't twist arms and force people to retire and get out of the way or bribe others with your money to get a health care bill passed and lie about it all the way.  He didn't call Fort Hood "workplace violence" then skip off to a fund raiser.  He didn't blame Benghazi on You Tube.  He didn't focus like a laser on jobs only to see 92 million Americans not working.  46 million on food stamps.  He didn't make 80% of new jobs part time jobs so they could get out of Obamacare.  He didn't pull out of Iraq.  He didn't turn over the cream of the crop of Taliban for a deserter.  He didn't open the borders to a virus and invite it in for political gain and damn the kids.  Let 'em eat cake.  He didn't leave 364 proposals from the loyal opposition sit on Harry Reids desk.  He didn't hashtag Boko Haraam then send in 3,000 soldiers to combat ebola and not one to combat Isis.

Somebody did though. 
10/12/2014 5:01 PM
ACA saves 5.7 billion dollars in uncompensated hospital costs in 2014.

Average rate increase of premiums adjusted down to six percent from 8.2 percent.

Estimate of 2.5 million people over the next decade will be able to retire/quit working to raise families due to not having to work job just for medical insurance. So sayeth the CBO.
10/15/2014 11:45 AM
Not sure how being able to not work is a check in the plus column.   Seems to me that people working is the foundation of the economy.
10/15/2014 11:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...247|248|249|250|251...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.