Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

When is it in our best interests to do so?
11/18/2014 12:39 PM
Posted by silentpadna on 11/18/2014 12:39:00 PM (view original):
When is it in our best interests to do so?
I guess that depends on the situation.
11/18/2014 12:42 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by moy23 on 11/18/2014 12:50:00 PM (view original):
Aa a side note - The interesting thing about Iraq was, like it or not, it centralized the war on terror. The old 'the best defense is a good offense'. Take it to terrorists in Iraq and keep them playing defense rather than planning offense. What was happening there was terrorist groups would flood into Iraq to fight, thus we could centralize our army. Now with no presence there they have set up base in Iraq (and Syria) while planning, recruiting, and spreading 'their cause' into other countries as the study suggests. Just take a look at the terrorist recruitment #s over the last year or so and the # of related incidents like Canada, Australia, UK, etc... The other side is gaining momentum since Obama left Iraq to the JV team, and failed to do anything in Syria when he drew his infamous line in the sand.

When asked is america better off today from terrorism, than they were 6 years ago... I think I know the popular answer.
I think your foreign policy analysis needs work.
11/18/2014 12:53 PM
Seems like Americans are pretty safe from terror attacks within our borders.  Perhaps isolationism would be the way to go. 
11/18/2014 1:48 PM
Of course, we'd need to shore up our border control.    That seems to be a political issue these days. 
11/18/2014 2:19 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/18/2014 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Aa a side note - The interesting thing about Iraq was, like it or not, it centralized the war on terror. The old 'the best defense is a good offense'. Take it to terrorists in Iraq and keep them playing defense rather than planning offense. What was happening there was terrorist groups would flood into Iraq to fight, thus we could centralize our army. Now with no presence there they have set up base in Iraq (and Syria) while planning, recruiting, and spreading 'their cause' into other countries as the study suggests. Just take a look at the terrorist recruitment #s over the last year or so and the # of related incidents like Canada, Australia, UK, etc... The other side is gaining momentum since Obama left Iraq to the JV team, and failed to do anything in Syria when he drew his infamous line in the sand.

When asked is america better off today from terrorism, than they were 6 years ago... I think I know the popular answer.
I think you're confusing moy with the 44th President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama II.
11/18/2014 2:21 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/18/2014 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/18/2014 12:53:00 PM (view original):

I think you're confusing moy with the 44th President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama II.
Did mike stop putting out? I can't think of another reason you'd remove mike's balls from your mouth and insert moy's.
11/18/2014 2:26 PM

Are you implying that Barry's "We'll all gather 'round the campfire and sing songs" foreign policy seems to be lacking?

11/18/2014 2:28 PM
Because I'm pretty sure the people in the Middle East love us now. 
11/18/2014 2:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/18/2014 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Because I'm pretty sure the people in the Middle East love us now. 
Because they used to love us...back when we were killing them and occupying their country.
11/18/2014 2:33 PM
Just in case, I was being sarcastic.  The world was much larger back in the 30s and our semi-isolationism didn't work out so well. 
11/18/2014 2:56 PM
Well, I guess it worked OK until the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. 
11/18/2014 2:58 PM
Also a joke(for the stick up the *** club).

11/18/2014 3:00 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...289|290|291|292|293...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.