Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

But, back to the point, how does it hurt me if tec believes in Jesus and BL is fine with his wife sucking dick all day while he's gone?

It doesn't.
5/19/2015 12:54 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/19/2015 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Morality and ethics are not the same thing.

Everyone has morals. Not everyone is ethical.
Thanks dictionary.com! Except I didn't say they were the same thing. Only that you lack both morality and ethics, which you do.
5/19/2015 1:21 PM
Posted by moy23 on 5/19/2015 1:21:00 PM (view original):

Thanks dictionary.com! Except I didn't say they were the same thing. Only that you lack both morality and ethics, which you do.
It's not possible to lack morals. I probably don't share your morals, but, from my perspective, that's a good thing.
5/19/2015 1:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/19/2015 12:54:00 PM (view original):
But, back to the point, how does it hurt me if tec believes in Jesus and BL is fine with his wife sucking dick all day while he's gone?

It doesn't.
Yep... In a free society people can believe whatever they want as long as they don't take it to the point where other people are getting hurt (and I'm not talking about hurt feelings).
5/19/2015 1:23 PM
No one has suggested that people shouldn't be able to believe what they want. Including believing that another person is an idiot.
5/19/2015 1:30 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/19/2015 1:22:00 PM (view original):

It's not possible to lack morals. I probably don't share your morals, but, from my perspective, that's a good thing.
Morality is not equal to 'morals' since you are playing at semantics.

5/19/2015 1:31 PM
My morality and your morality and everyone else's morality are not the same.
5/19/2015 1:33 PM
Posted by moy23 on 5/19/2015 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/19/2015 1:22:00 PM (view original):

Morality is not equal to 'morals' since you are playing at semantics.

And I think they are. Morality is always a noun while moral can be used as both a noun and an adjective, but they mean the same thing in this context.
5/19/2015 1:38 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/19/2015 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Yes - we all have our own principals that help us distinguish between right and wrong, good and bad (which is morality).

Some examples as to how someone can lack morality -

You personally said the ends justify the means which means you would break those very principles of right and wrong if you thought the end result was worth it. What if you killed a man because you knew you'd inherit his money, would you be a man of high morality?

Or how about people that commit atrocities and are deemed 'legally insane' / unable to decifer right from wrong? What can you say about their morality? Was is poor... Or non existent?

History is filled with people that lack morality.... Adolf Hitler, Ted Kaczynski, and Andreas Lubitz to name a few.
5/19/2015 1:52 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by moy23 on 5/19/2015 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/19/2015 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Yes - we all have our own principals that help us distinguish between right and wrong, good and bad (which is morality).

Some examples as to how someone can lack morality -

You personally said the ends justify the means which means you would break those very principles of right and wrong if you thought the end result was worth it. What if you killed a man because you knew you'd inherit his money, would you be a man of high morality?

Or how about people that commit atrocities and are deemed 'legally insane' / unable to decifer right from wrong? What can you say about their morality? Was is poor... Or non existent?

History is filled with people that lack morality.... Adolf Hitler, Ted Kaczynski, and Andreas Lubitz to name a few.

Bingo.

When I said the ends justify the means, did you think I meant in all situations?

It would go against my morals to kill someone to inherit money. I wouldn't do it. Killing someone, in general, goes against my morals. In some cases, though, killing someone is the right decision even if it goes against my own personal morals.

Did Hitler lack morals? Or were his morals different from yours (and most people's)?

Insanity is different. I think someone without the ability to distinguish between right and wrong is the exception to, "everyone has morals."
5/19/2015 5:19 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Please show where I said Hitler had "high morals," mr. I'm-so-ethical.

There are exceptions to everything. An insane person can't differentiate between right and wrong. Neither can babies. Neither can some mentally disabled people.
5/19/2015 7:40 PM
WOW!
These arguments are the dumbest things I have ever seen anyone take the time to post. If you don't have anything better to do your life s()cks.

5/19/2015 7:46 PM
TYVM!
5/19/2015 7:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...347|348|349|350|351...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.