Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
And just to answer the question in the title, he's not even close to the worst President ever...

Several of those mentioned earlier are worse; Carter, Grant, AJohnson, Buchanan, et al. 

Obama's best chance to avoid the WORST label is to lose this election.  Four more years of this bozo ruining the economy, and he'll definitely be in the running....
4/4/2012 1:26 PM
Folks,

I would encourage you to take a look at the psychological literature on the "fundamental attribution error"---It is the tendency (of Westerners at least) to over-attribute outcomes to personal-dispositional factors, and under-emphasize the impact of situational factors.  I strongly suspect that the large disparity in evaluations of both the current and previous presidents are impacted by this effect.....at least to the extent that we seek put a face on the problems of a nation. 

Dependence on foreign oil is a societal-level issue, and the root of many of the problems (domestic and foreign) faced by both Presidents, and it is difficult to imagine the actions of any one individual turning this around in the short term.
4/4/2012 2:41 PM
The President's job is to address the problems of his people.    Our current President says "Not my fault" and "Nothing I can do."  

THAT is not good enough.
4/4/2012 3:14 PM
OOH good one
4/4/2012 5:06 PM
Personal attacks against other users will not be tolerated in this thread.  Take your ******* match elsewhere.
4/4/2012 5:44 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 4/4/2012 2:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 4/3/2012 11:23:00 PM (view original):
Can any of you folks explain to me how in a country where the wealth disparity has already increased exponentially, how lowering the tax rates for the richest Americans and slashing the programs that help the middle and lower class is a novel idea?

Also how do you expect the Republican nominee, who has signed on to the plan, to defeat the current President?
Did it ever occur to you that the wealth disparity is increasing because the work ethic disparity is also increasing?

I grew up in the middle class.  My dad (and mom) worked to EARN money, and didn't expect the government to pay people for not doing anything.
That occured to me as an explanation of high unemployment rates...but as a parody. As in, the "they're just unemployed because they're lazy" explanation implies that sometimes, for no reason, large numbers of people suddenly become lazy. The kind of thing no one would really believe if they thought about it for one second.

And yet, here it is, an economic variant on Poe's Law.
4/4/2012 5:59 PM
Posted by llad_lu76 on 4/4/2012 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Folks,

I would encourage you to take a look at the psychological literature on the "fundamental attribution error"---It is the tendency (of Westerners at least) to over-attribute outcomes to personal-dispositional factors, and under-emphasize the impact of situational factors.  I strongly suspect that the large disparity in evaluations of both the current and previous presidents are impacted by this effect.....at least to the extent that we seek put a face on the problems of a nation. 

Dependence on foreign oil is a societal-level issue, and the root of many of the problems (domestic and foreign) faced by both Presidents, and it is difficult to imagine the actions of any one individual turning this around in the short term.

Bingo, we have a winner.

Saying things like "The President's job is to address the problems of his people," may be emotionally satisfying. Maybe it allows you to think of yourself as being all about accountabilty. As for serious analysis, it's hopelessly inadequate.

4/4/2012 6:04 PM
Posted by nickbracco on 4/4/2012 5:49:00 PM (view original):
I thought I was on your blocked list a-hole?

Nope.  You never made the cut.

4/4/2012 6:30 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.