How to win at D2 and D3 Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 8/17/2014 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by scaturo on 8/16/2014 10:34:00 AM (view original):
AEJones is at D1.
true, but only at UTEP, which is not exactly an easy place to win the big one.
But that is the Rupp C-USA - UTEP is the highest prestige school in Texas, although the location will always be a bit difficult.
8/18/2014 4:47 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 8/18/2014 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pinkeye on 8/17/2014 12:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 8/15/2014 9:02:00 PM (view original):
Oldresorter will always be the best ever.
slurp
I know you worship the very ground I walk on, but please try to keep your public displays of affection towards me more to yourself.  It gets a little embarrassing when you slobber all over me like that.
so you're saying exactly what i said, but with a lot more effort....?
8/18/2014 6:32 PM
You're really slow, aren't you?  I simply offered my opinion on who I thought was the best HD coach.  You, well, didn't.  According to your very warped sense of logic, no one ever can offer anyone ever a compliment....ever.  Must be a really fun world you inhabit.  You're welcome to come back to this one at anytime.
8/18/2014 7:03 PM (edited)
Just got a job in D3 and recruiting started today. I am flat out confused by this ATH + SPD = 120. I an searching the PG and found one guy with 110 combined and his WE was 31. Most of these guys don't come up to 90 total. What am I missing?
8/18/2014 9:29 PM
I would have to assume that would include what they reach when their potentials are taken into consideration.  Otherwise, it's very unrealistic advice.
8/18/2014 9:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Well, first of all emy, you didn't offer your opinion at all. You stated "Oldresorter will always be the best ever" in a thread where no one had brought up the best coach ever topic and one that was about the merits of another great coach entirely. You were either being ignorant or trying to start yet another argument.
8/19/2014 7:56 AM
Posted by asjhnsn on 8/18/2014 9:29:00 PM (view original):
Just got a job in D3 and recruiting started today. I am flat out confused by this ATH + SPD = 120. I an searching the PG and found one guy with 110 combined and his WE was 31. Most of these guys don't come up to 90 total. What am I missing?
That's when potential growth is taken into account.  A guy who is 40/40 in ATH/SPD with high potential in both is going to get to 60/60 in those categories at a minimum.
8/19/2014 10:50 AM
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 8/19/2014 7:56:00 AM (view original):
Well, first of all emy, you didn't offer your opinion at all. You stated "Oldresorter will always be the best ever" in a thread where no one had brought up the best coach ever topic and one that was about the merits of another great coach entirely. You were either being ignorant or trying to start yet another argument.
everyone knows emy dislikes me... but its not as well known that his dislike for me is nothing compared to his resentment of jonesy. he can't stand the prospect of jonesy being considered the best coach in the game, and me making the comment probably made him dislike it all the more. hes just reacting to that. his opinion on who the best coach in the game is (like many other things) tends to vary with what is most convenient to him at the time, which isn't altogether unreasonable... but he will almost always paint that opinion as near fact, even if he just switched to that opinion that very day - which to me, is pretty unreasonable. but anyway, the point is stating something the way he did, that is just how he states an opinion, its just easier if we all take it that way :) its when he actually states something as opinion that you have to be careful, because generally then its half BS, and he will defend it all the more vigorously as a result.
8/19/2014 11:13 AM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 8/19/2014 3:21:00 AM (view original):

I'm "jelly"?  So I'm dealing with a twelve year old Justin Bieber fan, huh?  Bet you also run around and use words like "epic" and "butthurt", have your pants sagging halfway down your ***, and wear your baseball hat backwards and cocked to the side.  Wanna be gangsta.  Grow up dude.  I'm "jelly", ha that's says it all. Punk kid.  No more need to respond to you, let's see how the Block feature works here.  Ha ha, "jelly", stay a Belieber kid, Justin loves ya! 

U mad?
8/19/2014 11:17 AM
As pointed out, I have one D1 team already (in the most difficult location to succeed at D1, I'd have to imagine). I'm doing pretty well there, but it's tough to simulate how good I would be doing over a large number of seasons because of the 1 game a day world. Some chance that I move up to D1 in Knight where I probably have the least connection to my program of all the 2 game a day worlds. 

I don't know, I think succeeding at D1 is cool and I think succeeding at D2 and D3 is cool too. In some ways I prefer D2 and D3 because it's possible to do really unique things-- at D2/D3 you can get guys who should be D1 players, whereas at D1 you're largely just grabbing guys who are 93 or 97 in every core category. Of course there is still some variance and the increased competition is cool, but you'll never get "the best D1 player ever!" (obviously, SOMEONE will) because every A+ has had a guy who is 99 in everything. Also, with my schedule and occasional waning interest in the game I think it best that I just recruit and set the team and only check on it occasionally (like when it says "Congrats on your recent championship!").
8/19/2014 12:29 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/19/2014 11:13:00 AM (view original):
everyone knows emy dislikes me... but its not as well known that his dislike for me is nothing compared to his resentment of jonesy. he can't stand the prospect of jonesy being considered the best coach in the game, and me making the comment probably made him dislike it all the more. hes just reacting to that. his opinion on who the best coach in the game is (like many other things) tends to vary with what is most convenient to him at the time, which isn't altogether unreasonable... but he will almost always paint that opinion as near fact, even if he just switched to that opinion that very day - which to me, is pretty unreasonable. but anyway, the point is stating something the way he did, that is just how he states an opinion, its just easier if we all take it that way :) its when he actually states something as opinion that you have to be careful, because generally then its half BS, and he will defend it all the more vigorously as a result.
You're right, It's no secret that I don't care much for you, sorry if it hurts your feelings that you're not universally loved.  It's also no secret, except maybe too you apparently, that I certainly respect what both you and Aejones have accomplished in this game.

I had written out a fairly long post in response to Dahsdebater's question of "what about Lostmyth" (which I guess I should have posted)?  In that response, I stated that I thought both you and Aejones were on the Mount Rushmore of HD coaches (the four best ever, along with OR and Rails).  So to your remark that I "can't stand the prospect of Jonesy being considered the best coach in the game", the fact is that I already DO consider him one of the best ever.  You don't have to like someone to respect what they've accomplished.  So, please, don't try to tell me what I can and can't stand,  you don't have the slightest clue.

As far as your BS psychobabble amateur psychiatrist crap, well there's nothing worse than an amateur shrink.  So let me ask you this Dr. Phil, what is the ultimate goal of this game?  Right, to win championships.  And who has won the most championships ever?  Right, Oldresorter.  THAT is an indisputable fact, not my "opinion".  Think you can figure out now why I think Oldresorter is the best to ever play this game?  But since my opinion on that "tends to vary with what is convenient to me at the time", I'm sure you'll be able to pull up MANY examples where I've stated that someone besides Oldresorter was the best ever.  Go ahead, I'll wait. 
8/19/2014 3:52 PM (edited)
In fact, CBG HAD brought up the thought of Jones becoming the best coach ever.  See the last line of his post at 6:05 p.m. on page 18.  Nice try though.

By the way genius, since (according to you) that's apparently not my "opinion", then what the hell is it? Strike two.
8/19/2014 3:56 PM (edited)
Here's some reading material for you emy, courtesy of dictionary.com. Take your time and read it several times if necessary.
opinion [uh-pin-yuh n]: (noun) a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
You see, the manner in which you shared your apparent opinion of oldresorter was, in fact, not in the form of an opinion at all. You stated it as fact, not as a belief that couldn't be proved definitively.

Oh, and here is exactly what gills said:
(To aejones) i think you do yourself a disservice, i think you are a better coach than your resume suggests - to me, you should be competing for that best ever spot. 
He was not arguing that aejones was already the best ever; rather, he was saying that he believes aejones could bolster his resume for such a discussion by showing that he can be just as successful at DI as he is at DII and DIII.

And I appreciate you recognizing me as a genius, but that's far too high praise for my sharing of such trivial knowledge and comprehensions.
8/19/2014 4:33 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...27 Next ▸
How to win at D2 and D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.