EE's are getting out of hand Topic

Posted by reinsel on 4/27/2012 9:34:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, there is a list of the people that seble should listen to. (I am not on it) but OR certainly is. Anyone with 1000 wins in a world is probably on that list.
That number of wins could simply be the product of longevity.  Perfect example, I've got the most wins of any single coach in any single world (not hypothetically, factually).  First to 1000 in a world, first to 1250, 1500, etc.  Since I have the most wins in any single world, does that mean my word counts the most?  See the problem there......
4/28/2012 12:08 AM
Posted by girt25 on 4/27/2012 9:07:00 PM (view original):
That's not a loaded question at all.

But I'll step into it regardless. He does need to listen more to people that have been around the game for a long time and know what they're talking about a bit more than new people who don't quite yet. If someone like OR is suggesting something, I'm sorry, but that deserves more consideration than a comment from a guy who's been coaching for three seasons.

And if a bunch of savvy veterans are all pretty much expressing the same thing -- that to me is a huge red flag and his ears need to start perking up.
One problem is that sometimes savvy vets get stuck in a certain way of thinking or have a certain mindset.  Newer perspectives, whether one season or ten, can shed a different light on things that some of us oldtimers fail to see.  I know you didn't say that new coaches shouldn't get "any" consideration, but long time coaches don't necessarily mean best and brightest coaches.  Suppose Albert Einstein had only coached one season and Colonels (sorry Trevor) had coached a thousand............... 

And at this point, I don't think it matters if EVERY coach playing expressed the same thing.  It's hard to get someone's attention so they can make changes if they're never around and I have ever reason to believe that anyone in a position to make any changes is MIA.
4/28/2012 12:18 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
EE's are getting out of hand Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.