"Five Player Rule" Topic

Posted by dacj501 on 4/28/2012 10:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by girt25 on 4/28/2012 2:29:00 PM (view original):
It's a bad rule, it does allow itself to be gamed and helps the elite teams while hurting others.

Please let seble know if you don't like it.
I try sending tickets on **** like this Dan, I really do, but after so many "thanks for your comment we look at suggestions every month" bs responses I just give up usually. Like you've said, I believe seble does care about the game and wants to make it better, but A. doesn't really know how because B. he is busy doing work for other Fox stuff and has no real time for HD since no one at Fox gives a ****.
If you get that initial response, just keep pushing a bit.
4/29/2012 11:54 AM
I just sent a ticket with a suggestion: One year transfers won't count towards the five player rule as well as walkons. That way, at least you have to be stuck with the player for two seasons instead of never even putting the guy on your depth chart. 
4/29/2012 5:19 PM
Posted by wsut on 4/29/2012 5:19:00 PM (view original):
I just sent a ticket with a suggestion: One year transfers won't count towards the five player rule as well as walkons. That way, at least you have to be stuck with the player for two seasons instead of never even putting the guy on your depth chart. 
A better suggestion is eliminating the rule because it is arbitrary and had unintended consequences.  Replacing it with something more convoluted is the wrong approach
4/29/2012 5:29 PM
Posted by psuarva on 4/29/2012 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wsut on 4/29/2012 5:19:00 PM (view original):
A better suggestion is eliminating the rule because it is arbitrary and had unintended consequences.  Replacing it with something more convoluted is the wrong approach
As long as Seble is insistent about leaving the five player rule in place, I think Wsut's suggestion might not be a bad one.
4/29/2012 6:24 PM
wsut, I made the same suggestion to him yesterday. I told him that getting rid of the 5-man rule was the best option, but if he wasn't ready/able to do that, then at least set it up so that people can't easily abuse/loophole it.
4/29/2012 7:18 PM
Posted by girt25 on 4/29/2012 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/28/2012 10:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by girt25 on 4/28/2012 2:29:00 PM (view original):
It's a bad rule, it does allow itself to be gamed and helps the elite teams while hurting others.

Please let seble know if you don't like it.
I try sending tickets on **** like this Dan, I really do, but after so many "thanks for your comment we look at suggestions every month" bs responses I just give up usually. Like you've said, I believe seble does care about the game and wants to make it better, but A. doesn't really know how because B. he is busy doing work for other Fox stuff and has no real time for HD since no one at Fox gives a ****.
If you get that initial response, just keep pushing a bit.
yeah, I know. Arguing with CS is a lot less fun than it sounds though.
4/29/2012 7:31 PM
Why was this stupid rule even instituted? Because St. Johns got raped and lost half their team in Rupp 3 or 4 seasons ago...if so, a team which has multiple national championships in the last 5 years, and is always ranked top 5 overall. If the rule was for their sake because they had one down year, I have no hard feelings. And why not 6 players to match the players in a class limit? Who thinks of this crap?

And I agree, I don't have time to send 18 tickets when the first 15 get a cookie cutter response from someone who has probably never played the game.
4/29/2012 11:01 PM
◂ Prev 12
"Five Player Rule" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.