Like long drafts (auctions)? This league's for you Topic

As soon as WIS publishes its 2012 ratings, we'll set a schedule.

I'll leave about two weeks for everyone to organize and prepare, and then we'll start the auction.

There was also a good question about stadiums.

Stadiums in current use will be included in the auction this first year.  After the first season, unused stadiums will be in the auction each year just in case anyone wants to switch.  I'm not expecting any stadium to go for more than 3-4 bucks.
9/27/2012 11:54 AM
will the stadium contracts need to be renewed per the escalating system like the players are?  will it only be a cost in the first year?  will it be the same cost every year that you want to stay in that stadium (i.e if you buy your stadium for 5 dollars, then you only have 995 on your team every year?)
9/27/2012 1:52 PM
No, once you have a stadium, it's yours and it's free unless you buy a different stadium some future year which would cost $ 1 since I doubt if more than one team will switch stadiums every few years. I thought of adding $ 5 to everyone's budget the first year to buy a stadium, but I just don't think they'll be enough money spent on stadiums to be worth the extra math.
9/27/2012 2:58 PM
Still here
9/28/2012 8:21 AM
I'm here.

DH or no DH?
9/28/2012 9:49 AM
DH for AL, not NL.
9/28/2012 10:09 AM
Thanks for the sitemail.  I hadn't been checking the boards.  I'm still in and pumped!  I was worried it wouldn't fill!
9/28/2012 11:27 AM
Posted by Beernoser on 9/28/2012 10:09:00 AM (view original):
DH for AL, not NL.
If there are 24 of us bidding on players, how do we know which league we are in????

This should be determined before we do the auction.
9/28/2012 12:38 PM
Yes - we will have a one day divisional draft before the auction starts.

I'll pick the draft order out of a hat and give each team 1/2 hour timeslot. They can pick which division they are in filling the empty spots until each division has four teams in it. That seems least complicated. That will give us something to do at least for one day while we're all waiting for the auction to begin.

Right now the goal is to get everyone checked in so we don't start the auction without people paying attention.  So far no one has left, and we do have two waiting list owners so we're in good shape.

Also waiting on WIS to post its 2012 ratings once the real season ends.
9/28/2012 2:11 PM (edited)
This league will be a lot of fun. I wish there was a way to have a live auction with all 24 owners to bid on the "elite" players first. By elite I mean the top 25 to 50 players with the highest salary for 2012.

I know this idea is almost impossible since it's hard to get 6 owners together at the same time let alone 24 :(
9/28/2012 3:04 PM
Since all teams will be made up of both AL & NL players , why not have the DH for everyone.
9/30/2012 9:35 PM
DH is not a big deal to me one way or the other, but I think we have some owners here who hate the DH pretty heartily, so I think we should give them a way out.
10/1/2012 1:09 AM
Everyone has checked in but oli, rls and knowhim. They are all well known long term owners, so hopefully all are around.   My biggest worry is losing someone during the long auction.
10/2/2012 10:17 AM
Maybe do a roll call of sorts every week of the auction.
10/2/2012 10:43 AM
Yes -- there will be many days where each owner will choose not to bid on anyone on the ballot. I'm going to ask each owner to send in a bid sheet at least every few days just to show you're still here even if it's a blank sheet. I'll be keeping track of who I haven't heard from for a few days and then sitemail them.

Just trying to anticipate problems while I wait for WIS to publish its 2012 ratings.
10/2/2012 11:07 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Like long drafts (auctions)? This league's for you Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.