Updated Fair Play guidelines: Topic

Hypothetical question: let's say I can NEVER recruit / gp from friday night to saturday night. And let's say I usually have coaches who are within 1000 miles from my school gp for me. These coaches (including my brother) also recruit for me during my hypothetical weekly sabbatical. Under the new rules, can these coaches - who I implicitly trust with my team - not recruit for me? If so, it seems like the new rule discourages comradary (sp?) among coaches. Of course, if this hypothetical situation happened, I could get someone random to handle recruiting for me...but why should I have to roll the dice with a coach I don't know?
7/12/2012 8:12 AM
Gameplanning shouldn't be a problem at all. 

And I say go ahead..let him recruit for you.  When I've faced that situation, I try to get a coach from a different world to help me out. But, sometimes, that's not possible
7/12/2012 9:52 AM
alblack56 - if that's you volunteering, count me in! knight recruiting from fri night (beginning with 11 pm cycle) through and including sat 5 pm cycle (I don't expect anyone to recruit middle of the night of course). let me know if you're interested...maybe you can recruit a ring for me while you're flashing two handfuls!
7/12/2012 3:55 PM
I thought this was hypothetical?
7/12/2012 4:11 PM
mully - of course it is (what kind of craziness would it be to take off hd once a week?). but if i have the opportunity to have allblack recruit for me, how could i pass that up?!?! don't worry mully, both of our games this season are on weekdays, so you'll get to play against me as the coach!
7/12/2012 4:21 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 7/12/2012 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Hypothetical question: let's say I can NEVER recruit / gp from friday night to saturday night. And let's say I usually have coaches who are within 1000 miles from my school gp for me. These coaches (including my brother) also recruit for me during my hypothetical weekly sabbatical. Under the new rules, can these coaches - who I implicitly trust with my team - not recruit for me? If so, it seems like the new rule discourages comradary (sp?) among coaches. Of course, if this hypothetical situation happened, I could get someone random to handle recruiting for me...but why should I have to roll the dice with a coach I don't know?
Or you could just give your brother your password, let him gameplan or recruit for you, whatever it is you need, and no one would ever be the wiser unless you or he said something and made a huge, enormous, giant, pointless issue out of it.  I'm almost 100% sure (note the smartass tone of voice) that WIS doesn't have ANY IDEA about who is actually physically logging in to check your team.  Damn, it ain't that difficult.

Speaking of religion and sabbaticals and such, I wonder if anyone still remembers the time when one single, solitary coach requested to have recruiting delayed for a day because it was against his or her religious beliefs to use electronic devices on the day in question.  Crazy thing was, WIS ACTUALLY DID IT!  They postponed recruiting for one coach and his religious beliefs and forced everyone else to wait an extra day just to appease that one coach.  Never did understand why that person couldn't just have had someone else recruit for him on that one day (like a sibling who didn't practice that religion for instance) instead of selfishly holding everyone else up.  Apparently he thought that his beliefs were so much more important than everyone else's considering the fact that now EVERYONE ELSE had to adjust THEIR schedules to accomodate HIS.  In fact, if I recall correctly, there was such a negative backlash to WIS' decision that shortly thereafter they adopted the policy that nothing would delay worlds from that point forward except for maintenance on their end.

That was several years ago and I can't remember who it was.  Anyone else recall that incident? 
7/30/2012 1:39 AM (edited)
was obviously before my time here, but wonder if I sent a ticket that it is against my religion to lose game played on days ending with a 'y' would work??
7/30/2012 7:41 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/30/2012 1:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jtt8355 on 7/12/2012 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Or you could just give your brother your password, let him gameplan or recruit for you, whatever it is you need, and no one would ever be the wiser unless you or he said something and made a huge, enormous, giant, pointless issue out of it.  I'm almost 100% sure (note the smartass tone of voice) that WIS doesn't have ANY IDEA about who is actually physically logging in to check your team.  Damn, it ain't that difficult.

Speaking of religion and sabbaticals and such, I wonder if anyone still remembers the time when one single, solitary coach requested to have recruiting delayed for a day because it was against his or her religious beliefs to use electronic devices on the day in question.  Crazy thing was, WIS ACTUALLY DID IT!  They postponed recruiting for one coach and his religious beliefs and forced everyone else to wait an extra day just to appease that one coach.  Never did understand why that person couldn't just have had someone else recruit for him on that one day (like a sibling who didn't practice that religion for instance) instead of selfishly holding everyone else up.  Apparently he thought that his beliefs were so much more important than everyone else's considering the fact that now EVERYONE ELSE had to adjust THEIR schedules to accomodate HIS.  In fact, if I recall correctly, there was such a negative backlash to WIS' decision that shortly thereafter they adopted the policy that nothing would delay worlds from that point forward except for maintenance on their end.

That was several years ago and I can't remember who it was.  Anyone else recall that incident? 
speaking of making a "a huge, enormous, giant, pointless issue out of [something]"... 
7/30/2012 5:35 PM
So do you remember who it was JTT?
7/30/2012 6:46 PM (edited)
Posted by angmar on 7/30/2012 6:46:00 PM (view original):
So do you remember who it was JTT?
pretty sure it was a former conference mate of yours that you helped learn the game...
7/30/2012 6:53 PM (edited)
For those in the know...this conversation is hysterical ;)
7/30/2012 7:01 PM
Hey look, our first test of what gets you banned from WiS or suspended or whatever!

Here's a SG considering Maryland and Syracuse.

And, well... presented without further comment:

7/31/2012 1:09 AM
Posted by cornfused on 7/31/2012 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Hey look, our first test of what gets you banned from WiS or suspended or whatever!

Here's a SG considering Maryland and Syracuse.

And, well... presented without further comment:

Would be interested to hear how this turns out.
7/31/2012 10:15 AM
guess viperhoops forgot to send that message via sitemail
7/31/2012 10:24 AM
Therein lies the problem when your success depends on the success of your conferencemates. 

UNC and Maryland are supposed to be rivals. 
7/31/2012 10:51 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸
Updated Fair Play guidelines: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.