Updated Fair Play guidelines: Topic

If "losing recruiting money" is the punishment for a first infraction, then I'm guessing all the Allen ACC money in the world isn't going to help viper out this recruiting session. 
7/31/2012 10:54 AM
But for what it's worth, isn't thorknight's post in the Allen Pac-10 boards on another recruit's availability akin to the same thing, albeit in a positive fashion? 
7/31/2012 10:56 AM
Out of curiosity, did girt go after any of the 'Cuse guys?
7/31/2012 11:07 AM
Not yet, but signings start tonight and he has previously said he's going to sign a juco and keep some carryover. 
7/31/2012 11:29 AM
I suspect that viper's comments might protect Syracuse's other recruits simply because nobody would want to be collateral damage to any punishments viper might receive.
7/31/2012 11:42 AM
Posted by jslotman on 7/31/2012 10:56:00 AM (view original):
But for what it's worth, isn't thorknight's post in the Allen Pac-10 boards on another recruit's availability akin to the same thing, albeit in a positive fashion? 
That's available to anyone and doesn't really reveal any information.  The Pac 10, particularly cal_bears, has been doing that kind of stuff for years and has I believe checked it with CS.
7/31/2012 11:42 AM
Posted by isack24 on 7/31/2012 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Out of curiosity, did girt go after any of the 'Cuse guys?
He's not that stupid.  Viper's actually put him in a bit of a bind here because he might've been planning to do so, but now it would look collusive.

I - and all of the other potential big game hunters in Allen this recruiting session - have to decide what to do about Syracuse.  It's a tough decision.

Oh, and Virginia Tech has knocked Syracuse off of a recruit from - guess where - Syracuse, New York.  And that attack happened after viper's post.
7/31/2012 11:45 AM
Posted by acn24 on 7/31/2012 11:42:00 AM (view original):
I suspect that viper's comments might protect Syracuse's other recruits simply because nobody would want to be collateral damage to any punishments viper might receive.
That's the thing, now - VT acted on the information available and made a smart move.  But how does WiS handle that?
7/31/2012 11:46 AM

It's not about being stupid.  I don't know how WIS can penalize coaches for recruiting Syracuse's players.  All it takes is "I was planning on doing it before signings anyway."  Collateral punishments would be terrible precedent, in my opinion. 

As for viperhoops' punishments, the problem is that now everyone will just sitemail this crap (as if they didn't before). 

7/31/2012 12:17 PM
Posted by isack24 on 7/31/2012 12:17:00 PM (view original):

It's not about being stupid.  I don't know how WIS can penalize coaches for recruiting Syracuse's players.  All it takes is "I was planning on doing it before signings anyway."  Collateral punishments would be terrible precedent, in my opinion. 

As for viperhoops' punishments, the problem is that now everyone will just sitemail this crap (as if they didn't before). 

Nope, I believe they monitor our sitemails for that sort of thing.  If you really want to collude, you'd be best off taking it to private email or I suppose in-person.
7/31/2012 12:43 PM
How does one go about viewing that CC?  It's tiny to me and I see no way to open it up...
7/31/2012 12:45 PM
Posted by cornfused on 7/31/2012 12:43:00 PM (view original):

Nope, I believe they monitor our sitemails for that sort of thing.  If you really want to collude, you'd be best off taking it to private email or I suppose in-person.
Really?  That seems ludicrously tedious.  Do they just have an alert on keywords or something?  I'm sure they say they monitor it as a deterrent, but can anyone actually verify that they do.  That would be shocking.
7/31/2012 12:48 PM
Posted by cornfused on 7/31/2012 12:43:00 PM (view original):

I highly doubt they monitor sitemails...that'd be rather ****** as far as privacy goes I think.
7/31/2012 1:03 PM
I don't think it's uncommon for sites like this to have the authority - usually authorized by user agreements - to monitor internal user sitemails.  Not saying WIS does or does not do that, but I presume they could if they felt the needed to do that. 

Syracuse (and Uconn) in Allen are in perennial god-awful, crappy positions in so far as recruiting goes. 
7/31/2012 1:08 PM
This is really silly. Clearly viperhoop is losing a key battle and is now ******, so he's doing this out of spite. I would love to see WIS strip viperhoop of scholarships for next season but we all know it's not gonna happen.

There was a similar incident a few months ago in Knight where an ACC coach (Miami I believe) told another ACC (Duke) coach to go after the recruits of LSU, which Duke promptly did. No punishment was dealt. 
7/31/2012 1:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...10 Next ▸
Updated Fair Play guidelines: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.