A good friendly debate please.
That's what I thought we were having. I don't know where you think you had offended me... though I am getting kind of tired of trying to discern walls of text with poor grammar (if there's an either, there has to be an or). So this will be the last one of those I respond to. And your last retort actually did offend me somewhat, so this will be the last of my time I waste answering you.
1. I said "usually" rooks don't play in crunch time. This could have a lot to do with some of your other coaching settings... and it could also have a lot to do with WIS's faulty substitution logic. Bottom line is that your SL is supposed to be in at the end of the game, so if that's not happening, you've got something set wrong or WIS sucks. I actually lean toward the latter.
2. I've never seen anything documented in WIS that anything about a possession changes when the offense switches to a 3-point offense. Please show me documented proof that it switches to highest PER instead of highest usage. I don't doubt that it could happen without them documenting it - and it would certainly make sense on those tier 5 & 6 usage guys bombing like mad and missing - but as I said, I've never seen anything indicating that the way the engine figures a possession changes.
3. I don't think I said anything about being right or wrong until point #3. And that's just truth /shrug.
4. I'm not mad... why would I be?
5. Point #4 is a summation of points 1-3 and how you can improve your team's overall performance while still using the exploit. Basically it's just common sense. Duh.
6. Point #5 (which I guess you thought I was mad?) was just another simple statement: I have a ton of experience and know the engine as well or better than anyone still playing. An admittedly new owner telling me that something "won't work" in the sim is like telling Tex Winters that the Triangle offense won't work in the NBA. When I first started investigating your team, I looked at all of the players available at 100% 3pt#, 90%+, and 50%+. I made a mental note and salary evaluation. The best possible front court for this in the 5 minutes I looked at the list of guys is those three players... the issue comes with the back court (and the fact you only have 8 usage points up front). Because of this (and because Yao sucks in the sim), I don't think you can win a championship with this. I already know how I'd shut it down in a playoff series.
7. I've looked at game logs and Wood's 1/11 debacle was a WIS ****-you-over - no stoppages in play for over 2.5 minutes, so he was stuck in the line-up until there was one. He did seem to take a ton of shots, so you might be on to something with the perimeter thing. He did overshoot his personal usage, so his shooting was going to be terrible. But you won that game so... yeah. You had one game where 2 rookies started (which means they're going to be in the game at the end). I don't see any other time that it really hurt your cause... and the extra minutes they provide during the non-3pt phase of the game allows you to draft better players because you can skimp on minutes... but you will lose one occasionally when you get the WIS-****-you-over with no stoppages of play.
Guess what? I've lost games because Michael Jordan fouled out in less than 20 minutes. **** happens.
I leave you with one final thought from my original post:
Note: this is NOT my team and I am NOT complaining about it. I'm just wondering if you think this has the potential to be abused. If so, then it is a problem (but with WIS - not the guy that figured it out).