ODL-40 Team Compositions Topic

To defend taking Magic where I did Ash, I felt like I lost for three reasons, two of those reasons are conjunctive. One, not enough assists, two, didn't get anything close to what I should have from Barkley (as I look back on this I feel that it is a factor of my lack of assists likely), and three I was a touch light on the defensive boards. 80-85% wasn't going to cut it in this league and I knew better, but alas I was tilting at windmills trying to think that I was going to be ok.
8/8/2012 8:52 AM
I got no beef with Magic... hard to argue against him.  I just don't feel like he's a guy I can build a team around in a draft league.  He's just not as valuable to me as a few (read: very few) guys that were available.
8/8/2012 8:56 AM
Posted by robocoach on 8/7/2012 12:18:00 AM (view original):
Seems to me the Sim creates more turnovers than in real life, sometimes amazingly so. My last open league team had 700, as in seven freaking hundred, more turnovers than real life.

Paul has a 4.4 A\T with high steals, low fouls, many 3's, 90 defense,  and an an ok efg.  That makes his numbers close to unique at PG- I guess Magic Johnson's are roughly comparable. I think they should both be top half 1st round picks.

And Johnson was a Laker. I'd rather have a three way with Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi than draft a Laker in the 1st round.
The sim creates more turnovers than real life because of up tempo offenses, stl% of the defenses and -in some cases- possession penalties.
8/8/2012 9:43 AM
malone, to me the best Magic Johnson to use is not the highest salaried one. I've used the one with 17% dreb many times with good results. He gives you a lot with one pick.
8/8/2012 10:08 AM
well...I have under 27% usage combined from my first two picks. This should be fun. 
8/8/2012 10:25 AM
Ash, to answer ur question....one way is to have a team with all 20% usg -10 usage points-, the team I built around ---- ------ may have had more than 10 usage points, but I doubt it had more than 12 -if it had that many-. I think most people don't build the team correctly around some of the very high usage players -kinda like u see people building teams incorrectly around wilt or rodman-.
8/8/2012 11:27 AM
5 favorite combos... not saying their the best, just are cool

23) sappy - Bill Russell, Kevin Love,
17) 98average - John Stockton, Kevin McHale,
14) dh555 - Karl Malone, Oscar Robertson,
09) scudmissle - Charles Barkley, Dirk Nowitzki,
19) theyard2 - Artis Gilmore, Deron Williams,

8/9/2012 3:27 PM
theres the barkley/nowitzki combo again...ncih didnt make the playoffs with them in his league(division was very tough) but defense also matters a lot more in that league....i cant wait to see how they do in the odl....dirk is an absolute beast...he trailed only the mailman in ft made last season....he and barkley should have teams in  foul trouble all season

i also love sappys love/russell combo....great pairing

i hate 98s combo because i know hes gonna run half-court and ruin all that amazing efg....set stockton free 98...he deserves it
8/9/2012 4:15 PM
oh and ljemd or banditone is gonna have a great start if they both dont blow it....theyre the only 2 teams left in the 2nd round who can take him(the obvious guy who usually goes early 2nd)....if they pass on him itd be a big mistake
8/9/2012 4:18 PM
I am going to guess that Mike Mitchell wasn't the guy?
8/10/2012 1:17 AM
LOL
8/10/2012 10:13 AM
May be willing to package Camby and a 5th for a 3rd and a 4th, depending on who is on the board during the pick in the 3rd.
8/10/2012 11:46 AM

8/10/2012 12:59 PM (edited)
Yeah. Some good players have dropped. It's worth a try though, Camby is one of the best rebounding bigs you can get. 
8/10/2012 12:37 PM
Dwight, Pierce, and Kobe all on the same team? Holy wasted usage, Batman! Would like to hear natenoy's thinking on that.
8/10/2012 2:04 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...13 Next ▸
ODL-40 Team Compositions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.