Seahawks! SUPER BOWL Champs! Topic

They wanted Wilson badly but knew they could wait. Chris Mortenson told Wilson before the draft that he was going to be a Seahawk because of John Schneider's love affair with him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZD82D0nVoI
12/24/2014 6:10 PM
Love Gruden's comment thst Tavaris Jackson and Matt Flynn better watch out because Wilson will win the starting job if given a chance.
12/24/2014 6:12 PM
Seahawks/New England Superbowl
12/28/2014 8:04 PM
Hawks 27
Pats 23

12/28/2014 8:05 PM
Seahawks defense is the fourth D in the history of the league to allow the fewest points and yards in back to back seasons. 85-86 Bears, 69-70 Vikings, and 54-55 Browns are the other three.

First defense in the history of the league to lead the league in scoring defense three years in a row.

They are fun to watch.
12/29/2014 12:25 PM
Indeed they are. Lockette (and I love the guy's hustle, as shown on the awesome downfield blocking on Lynch's run last week), had that very stupid penalty running into a guy after a fair catch that led to a FG. They do have to eliminate those kinds of mistakes. And the offense does concern me a bit. The Rams did a great job shutting Lynch down for the most part. Having a week off ought to help get Unger and Okung healthier.
12/29/2014 3:55 PM
Russel Wilson will beat you however he has to. I wish he was my QB.
1/10/2015 11:21 PM
Wilson, 8-8 with 3 Td's on 3rd down.

That's whack.
1/10/2015 11:41 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 12/29/2014 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Indeed they are. Lockette (and I love the guy's hustle, as shown on the awesome downfield blocking on Lynch's run last week), had that very stupid penalty running into a guy after a fair catch that led to a FG. They do have to eliminate those kinds of mistakes. And the offense does concern me a bit. The Rams did a great job shutting Lynch down for the most part. Having a week off ought to help get Unger and Okung healthier.
And Lockette gets himself another stupid penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct that costs a FG attempt.
1/11/2015 3:20 AM

How the **** does a guy hurdle the offensive line twice in a row to be in position to block a FG?

1/11/2015 6:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2015 6:43:00 AM (view original):

How the **** does a guy hurdle the offensive line twice in a row to be in position to block a FG?

I was wondering about that... after it worked for St. Louis a few weeks ago, and seeing how easily Kam got up and over (just a little off on the timing) I was trying to figure out how you could defend it, other than to get the league to change the rules and make it illegal.
1/11/2015 11:05 AM

You stick an arm out and take his legs out.    I can see how it works once.   But on the next play?    No.   The lineman has to be aware of the spacing and see that a running lane has been made for him. 

1/11/2015 12:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2015 12:18:00 PM (view original):

You stick an arm out and take his legs out.    I can see how it works once.   But on the next play?    No.   The lineman has to be aware of the spacing and see that a running lane has been made for him. 

Isn't that holding?
You generally can't block with your arms in any way other than pushing out in front of you.

EDIT: or  maybe tripping
1/11/2015 1:52 PM
I don't think tripping is called when an airborne player is hit.
1/11/2015 3:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2015 6:43:00 AM (view original):

After the first one, my 15 year old son looked at me and said "It's going to be funny if he does that again."  I said "There's no way he does that again.  They'll mix up the snap count and the linemen will be looking for it."  And then he did again.

Those plays and the pick 6 were amazing, but he was a god among mortals all game long.  Carolina's screen game was non-existent all game long thanks to Kam, and that hit he put on Tolbert (the 265 pound FB who had a full head of steam) made me jump out of my chair.
1/12/2015 5:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...46|47|48|49|50|51 Next ▸
Seahawks! SUPER BOWL Champs! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.