What will WifS do? Topic

I'm guessing no one clamors to have their world shut down.

And there's no evidence that shutting down Banks would do anything but reduce the number of openings by 14.   I'm guessing the owners who have been there for 20 seasons aren't going to just say "Yeah, Banks is dead!  I'm adding a team!!!"
10/19/2012 8:19 AM

apps.facebook.com/dynasty-baseball/en/baseball/simulation/index

Is it the same game? No, but it's a similar concept. Somehow they've managed to get 40,000 players in a relatively short period of time.

10/19/2012 2:33 PM
 comparing any FB game to HBD is idiotic..
10/19/2012 2:36 PM
Posted by willsauve on 10/19/2012 2:36:00 PM (view original):
 comparing any FB game to HBD is idiotic..
It's a sim baseball game.
10/19/2012 2:37 PM

Not sure how familiar you are with FB games.. But Im guessing that this simulator is a typical FB game similiar to farmville where you have to annoy the **** out of your FB friends trying to give and receive gay little gifts..  There's many versions of this type of game with all kinds of different themes..

10/19/2012 2:48 PM
Public worlds with more than 8 openings should be killed if they take longer than 2-3 weeks to fill.
Private worlds that sit for a month should automatically become public if they have 8+ openings..

Eckersley, Camp, USMLB, Buckner, Duff Beer should be killed.. the players from these worlds should be given the option to combine into a New World. They should be given a free season if they have been in an abolished world for more than a few seasons..
10/19/2012 2:57 PM
I didn't say the game was good. I haven't played it for very long. But it's a sim baseball game and they seem to have attracted an audience. Of course, it's also free to join and they may have a drop-out problem, but it does show there's interest in sim baseball.
10/19/2012 3:00 PM
Or that people would line up to get FREE shitburgers because they're FREE.
10/19/2012 3:10 PM
Posted by willsauve on 10/19/2012 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Public worlds with more than 8 openings should be killed if they take longer than 2-3 weeks to fill.
Private worlds that sit for a month should automatically become public if they have 8+ openings..

Eckersley, Camp, USMLB, Buckner, Duff Beer should be killed.. the players from these worlds should be given the option to combine into a New World. They should be given a free season if they have been in an abolished world for more than a few seasons..
What's the endgame?
10/19/2012 3:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/19/2012 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Or that people would line up to get FREE shitburgers because they're FREE.
This.
I've switched to McDonalds coffee for the past 2 weeks on the offhand chance I win some ****** little cheeseburger that I'll never eat.
10/19/2012 3:59 PM
To specifically address Banks being brought up as a world to be shut down: We're addressing the issues that led to high turnover rates as best we can. We're hoping the week or so plus that we've been debating the best course forward will improve the quality of the world and the owners attracted.
10/19/2012 4:01 PM
I do think it is time to reduce the amount of worlds. The issues is what worlds to kill. This is a half hour of work left on aFriday, not thought out plan. For some reason, people really want to have the new world feel. I, myself, have never played with a team in S1 and I just don't care about that. Also people don't want to give up their teams because the world folded. So you take a few teams from here and a few from there and add in a couple of fresh new car smell teams and poof you take two worlds and make one. TONS of things would be a huge mess like FA and draft order. With some of the openings you could break down three worlds and bring it to one. Because, right now, Commissioners in most worlds are just taking on owners to fill with out a proper look at them and then we are finding owners controlling two or more teams in the world. That can kill a world. Lots of things can though.
10/19/2012 4:02 PM
I only picked Banks because they had the most openings.  I'm not advocating a shutdown nor commenting on the quality. 
10/19/2012 4:03 PM
Step 1 - rename it Tyra Banks.
10/19/2012 4:03 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/19/2012 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willsauve on 10/19/2012 2:57:00 PM (view original):

What's the endgame?
The end game is that the worlds would go away and thats 40 less openings each rollover. 
10/19/2012 4:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...23 Next ▸
What will WifS do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.