What will WifS do? Topic

As of right now:

122 openings in 29 worlds, with 10 more worlds scheduled to roll in the next three days,

11/1/2012 12:51 PM
So we're down more than 30 in just under a week?  

Things are looking up!!!
11/1/2012 1:08 PM
Thats actually kind of impressive considering the problems the storm has been causing.
11/1/2012 6:37 PM
Id like to see how many new accounts have been created :)
11/1/2012 10:24 PM

Sorry for jumping in late, and I will preface this by saying I'm not a programmer, but... The suggestion to combine the worlds seems to have merit, we already have reports in season that compare the relative strengths of teams and rank them a multitude of ways.  Since we are just dealing with data, how hard would it be to import the data from teams in differnt leagues and use a relatively simplified 'tie breaker' type system for ranking for draft spots, etc.  In order to keep playing, wouldn't anyone rather have a season start than wait for weeks, and deal with the potential of drafting a spot or two worse than you would have?  Also the obvious tankers could all be put in the same world.  I would find that amusing to see how many owners who built to tank, would be beside themselves winning 70 to 85 games.

I recommend the combination because I get partial to the team I own, I know the players names and while I also know they aren't real (no big head posters in my house of my own team, yet .  If my whole team could be moved, I wouldn't really have an issue.

So is it really that big a problem?  Also how hard would it be to have a little .gif game or play highlights?  Heck even graphics of a game on par with the espn live game cast would be an improvement.  I'd like that as an option to just reading the game flow.  It could be set to only display results pitches as well.  Any thoughts?

11/6/2012 3:06 PM
1/17/2013 10:42 AM
Jackie Robinson needs a few owners.  Inquire within
1/17/2013 11:00 AM
Currently only 56 openings in a total of 15 worlds.

Prediction: This September- December those numbers will increase significantly and another "sky is falling" thread will be created.

1/17/2013 4:42 PM
Yeah but there are 18 worlds due to roll by this time next week, and another 16 the week after next. 

Prediction: Two Fridays from now the number will be significantly higher than it is today.

1/18/2013 11:39 AM
One Friday down and the total is higher. Only one more world at 16, but the total number of openings has climbed all the way to 79.

One thing to be aware of though is that three of these worlds have 8 or more openings. IMO, any world that loses 25% or more of their owners in one season is a problem world and should be disregarded when trying to judge the condition of HBD as a whole.

If you disregard the 28 openings in those three worlds, you are down to 13 worlds with 51 openings, which is slightly better than a week ago.
1/25/2013 12:16 PM
Looks like the average number of openings in worlds that were filled during "The Great Promo Code / Alias Creation of 2012" is between 9 and 10.

In the last couple of days, we've jumped from 70ish openings to 120, with 3 more worlds to roll today, 

WE NEED ANOTHER HBD STIMULUS!
2/2/2013 11:52 AM
No more "band aid" solutions.

World merge/contraction needs to happen.
2/2/2013 12:16 PM
Posted by smoelheim on 2/2/2013 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Looks like the average number of openings in worlds that were filled during "The Great Promo Code / Alias Creation of 2012" is between 9 and 10.

In the last couple of days, we've jumped from 70ish openings to 120, with 3 more worlds to roll today, 

WE NEED ANOTHER HBD STIMULUS!
I looked at the one world with 11 openings here's what I found:
Last rollover = 11 openings; 2 rollovers ago = 4; 3 rollovers ago = 10; 4 rollovers ago = 8
5 = 7
6 = 6
7= 9
8 =8 

Surely this world has problems. They've averaged just over 8 openings per season. And have only had less than 8 openings 3 out of the last 9 seasons.

How will a stimulus help, if the promos caused many people to create aliases and fill words with them?
Seems like that whole practice is one of the fastest ways to tard up many a world.

Let worlds stand or fall on their own merits.

As tec said merge/contract the ones that fail to fill
2/2/2013 2:49 PM
Sorry, I forgot the #sarcasm hashtag.    
2/2/2013 4:48 PM
What I find more amazing is a league that rolls over with double-digit openings, and there isn't a single comment, from a single owner (including the commissioner), for 48 hours after rollover. 

Would anyone even notice if that world was contracted?
2/2/2013 4:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...23 Next ▸
What will WifS do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.