ARod rolled into S26!!! down to 3 openings... Topic

Come join one of the most fun and competitive leagues in HBD. 

Parity
- You want parity, there have been 12 different World Series winners in the past 15 seasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog - This league also enjoys one of the best and most updated blogs in all of WIS.  Check it out - arod-hbd.blogspot.com

Low Turnover - Because of the high quality of owners and the dedication to competition this, this league has experienced very little turnover over the last 7-10 seasons.  

Competition/Anti-Tanking - S24 saw the implementation of a MWR - 55/120/185 as evidence that we are serious about combating tanking.   **Penalty for failing to meet MWR: a veterans committee consisting of dengodd2, bigparb13, cebola, ahsowhat and safetyman will vote on whether the offending owner should be removed from ARod or put on one year probation.  Any owner worth his salt can manage this, and if you can't, you don't belong in ARod!!  We've only had one owner fail to meet the MWR and he removed himself.

Cash in Trade Rule
- S24 saw the implementation of a Cash in Trade rule.  You can only include cash in a trade equal to the salary you are trading away, up to the $5 million limit.
                 *example 1 - You are trading a guy that counts as $2.4 mil current salary for a prospect. The maximum amount of cash you can include in the trade is $2.4 mil.
                 *example 2 - You are trading a guy that counts as $11.2 mil current salary for a couple of prospects. The maximum amount of cash you can include in the trade is $5 mil.

Don't miss your opportunity to join a committed and fun group of owners, and even better for you the teams that are open will have you in instant contention.

The long time commissioner of ARod is dengodd2   Please site mail denngodd2, cebola or bigparb13 for more information about ARod or if you want to join.
3/14/2013 1:42 AM (edited)
Former Baltimore Franchise  -  Baltimore was taken over and taken care of for S25 by ARod vet richard469290 when a new owner didn't show after signing up.   This franchise was lucky it got a solid vet to keep the ship moving in the right direction.    This franchise needs someone looking to build something.   This could happen fairly quickly as there is hardly any money committed long-term with only 1 guy currently signed beyond this coming season.

Former Hartford Franchise  -  This franchise is ready to win now.  Solid players at the ML level and a winnable division  -  last seasons winner finished 80-82.   It won't take much to turn this franchise into a playoff contender. 

Former Kanas City Franchise (not sure why I can't get link to work) -  You want the #1 overall draft pick ??   Come get it!!!  #3 pick last year and the year before.....you've got some ML talent to work with and a handful of nice prospects in the minors

3/20/2013 8:53 PM (edited)
The longer you wait to join this league, the worse my life is.....I need some entertainment!! Very solid group of owners who are very proactive in improving and maintaining the quality of the league....My wife will thank you for giving me something to do
9/6/2012 2:29 PM
Entertaining league. Very balanced and competitive. No tanking and opinions freely given on trades. Best blog out there. Sometimes I think the bloggers are looking more closely at my team than I do.
9/6/2012 9:14 PM
That Cleveland franchise is stacked with good hitters, and it's been in the hands of top-notch owners for a long time.  It's a win now situation for sure.
9/6/2012 9:25 PM
A. Rod was my very first league.  The owners took their time to help me along and learn at a very quick pace.  They didn't take advantage of me when I was new.  This is a great league with a fun message board and one of the best blogs in HBD.  The best part is you can get it to this great league and take over a team that is in good shape.  No five year plans necessary. 
9/7/2012 5:38 PM
The owners in ARod are chompin at the bit....we are ready to roll.....the question remains however......are you man (or woman) enough to accept the challenge??  Can't wait to find out....
12/12/2012 12:13 AM
I'm telling you these are 4 top notch teams...and the 5th team is solid too........you won't be taking over a disaster......
12/12/2012 3:25 PM
Solid league, solid owners, get on in and fill it up!
12/13/2012 11:10 AM

Come get your contender now!

12/13/2012 5:04 PM
going public.......lets do it.....
12/14/2012 2:18 AM
Fill it up!
12/14/2012 10:28 AM
If your looking to takeover a WS favorite right away, check out the old LA franchise.
12/14/2012 4:31 PM
Low drama, active chat board and a great blog. Come join us. Think St Louis has 3 first round draft picks already (17, 19 and 34) plus a solid roster.
12/15/2012 10:21 AM
Bump
3/14/2013 1:38 AM
12 Next ▸
ARod rolled into S26!!! down to 3 openings... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.