Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
So what? Op/Ed pages aren't straw polls. They give their opinion. They aren't trying to represent public opinion.

10/22/2012 6:13 PM
Op/Ed pages are not reporting. They are Op/Ed. There has to be a bias in an Op/Ed piece.

It would be like if I freaked out and started calling Rush and Hannity biased. Of course they are. Because that's their job and they aren't pretending to be unbiased. They think conservatism is the answer like many Op/Ed pages think liberalism is the answer.

10/22/2012 6:32 PM
We're kinda talking past each other.  Of course Op-Ed pages are biased.  I'm not disputing that nor do I have a problem with that. 

Just dismissing them as biased because that's what op-eds do misses the point.  I was only pointing out that in a vacuum, it's not a complete representation of what the given media entity is trying to accomplish.  Their own demographic makes it difficult for there to be any balance (again, not that there has to be).  However, the slant of the entity affects their reporting as well.  That was my point. 

I don't think the media is biased because of their op-ed pieces.  They are biased because a disproportionate number of them lean a certain political direction.  They are biased in their reporting on purpose, as my father found out and lived through over many years.  It's the reporting bias that makes the opinion pieces hard to trust because it bleeds across the lines of opinion versus reporting.

Swamphawk is clumsy with making his point, but the mainstream media is certainly bias in their coverage - sometimes overtly, other times simply as a part of the background.  It does not just exist in the opinion section.
10/22/2012 7:22 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/22/2012 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Op/Ed pages are not reporting. They are Op/Ed. There has to be a bias in an Op/Ed piece.

It would be like if I freaked out and started calling Rush and Hannity biased. Of course they are. Because that's their job and they aren't pretending to be unbiased. They think conservatism is the answer like many Op/Ed pages think liberalism is the answer.

So it doesnt strike you are the least bit odd that in a nation that is split politically that most of the newspapers always find the Democrats to be right?

There are lots of liberal and Conservative TV and Radio Pundits. Why less so in Newspaper?
10/22/2012 8:22 PM
Newspaper writers tend to be better educated than radio talk show hosts.
10/22/2012 9:59 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/22/2012 9:59:00 PM (view original):
Newspaper writers tend to be better educated than radio talk show hosts.
Wow..because they agree with you?

What else could you be basing that on.

Not a lot of people with doctorates writing for papers, and almost everyone in America has some college degree, big exception of course is Rush.

Is that the difference? That one guy?
10/24/2012 8:21 PM
Just fuckin with you
10/24/2012 11:06 PM
OK...So can you explain why the bias is always from the left and in large numbers?
10/25/2012 12:53 AM
This trying to compare apples and oranges as the same thing is getting bad on the Obama side.

He has things that set in place now will make the lives of Americans better right away.

His plan will evolve into a long term solutions to any problem that needs it.

Mothing Obama is doing will work now, or in the future.
10/25/2012 12:46 PM
We should continue with failed liberal policies and abandon proven Conservative theories...

Funny thats exactly what Carter Said.

And they Reagan won and led us to the greatest peace time expansion in American history.

And that is the choice.

It isnt about race, or old videos or even Ann Romney's horse.

It is about the direction for America for the next 4 years...

Proven failure of Obama  or a new and clear direction with a proven track record with a new leader with an awesome Resume!

10/27/2012 5:51 PM
When Romney loses are you going to blame the loss on him not being conservative enough and pretend he never happened, like you folks did with McCain?
10/27/2012 6:37 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...26 Next ▸
Romney: Worst Major Party Prez Candidate Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.