Official © 2012 Patriots Super Bowl March Topic

what a joke
9/23/2012 11:57 PM
Think Bill is on the hook for a suspension after grabbing the ref?
9/24/2012 12:03 AM
at the very least a big fine, but I could see him getting a game....the league seems more intent on protecting these shams in black and white and that would be the kind of message they would love to send

the 15 yard penalty on Harbaugh made him happy...suspending BB would require Goodell to find a change of pants
9/24/2012 12:22 AM
Belichick didn't suspended for spygate so it would be a stretch to have him suspended for a game for a little tug on a guy. Wilfork screaming at the ref who called the kick "good" was much, much worse, but still not worth a suspension.
9/24/2012 12:30 AM
all true-ish....but I think the fact that the league this week took a very proactive protect the refs stance, they certainly have to do something strong enough to pretend that they have some stones...
9/24/2012 12:59 AM
I can't think of another situation where a coach grabbed a ref.   And I'm replaying Bobby Knight "highlights" over and over in my head with no luck.
9/24/2012 8:14 AM
they were talking about Cowher stuffing the photo of there not being 12 men on the field in the pocket of a ref, but that was the only example of anything close to that the radio folks could come up with this morning....
9/24/2012 9:40 AM
BB will probably get a hefty fine.

The refs were terrible (for both teams for the most part....just the ones on the Pats were a bit glaring). 

The two worst ones (Other than the one on Harbrough?!?!?) were pass interference.  1st was the one on Edelman in the 2nd quarter after a 1st down catch.  No way was it offensive PI.  Killed the drive and they punted.  The other was a PI called on McCourty in the 4th (not the one on the final drive), it was 3rd down and they called a PI on Courty....he didn't even touch the WR.  These refs are totally not ready for primetime.  Seems every Sunday/Monday night game so far have been the worst officiated ones.
9/24/2012 10:21 AM

Depends on the fanbase.   Pitt-Oak was horrible.   I normally don't notice such things(because PI and holding can be called at will) but Dan Fouts wouldn't shut up about it.  Ptt's DBs were riding the receivers all the way down the field.   Even if it's not PI, it's illegal contact. 

9/24/2012 10:38 AM
I'm going to guess it just seems that way with regard to the Sunday/Monday night games because the full attention of the football watching world gets focused on them and the scrutiny is more intense as a result, as opposed to the Sunday afternoon games.  Which isn't to say that they haven't been terrible, but I don't think they've been dramatically worse than anything else.
9/24/2012 10:48 AM

The things I notice most are A) the shoving matches.   The players don't respect the refs and, because of that, they go long after the whistle  B) the time required to review a play.  I don't know if they're reviewing more or not.  But the games seem to get delay after delay. 

9/24/2012 11:08 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 9/11/2012 9:06:00 AM (view original):
The front 7 are going to make everyone they play a one dimensional offense.  I mean, to stop one of the games top RB's is pretty impressive.

Yeah, McCourty is still spotty.  He did look better than last year though.  I'm not worried.  The better the pass rush gets (and it will get better), the easier it'll be for the DB's back there.
Chris Johnson after 3 games: 33 carries, 45 yards.
9/24/2012 11:42 AM
The Patriots and Ravens combined for 13 first downs by penalty last night, setting an NFL record, according to Elias.
9/24/2012 12:33 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 9/24/2012 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Belichick didn't suspended for spygate so it would be a stretch to have him suspended for a game for a little tug on a guy. Wilfork screaming at the ref who called the kick "good" was much, much worse, but still not worth a suspension.
I disagree, laying a hand on an official is much worse.

And the kick looked good to me.

9/24/2012 2:24 PM
going back.....the defensive holding call on McCourty at the 6:11 mark was maybe one of the worst calls I have ever seen

the PI on Mayo I would really love to get another look at because it looked bad but they never went back and revisited the play, the PI on Edelman was laughable especially given that later in the game the refs picked up a flag on a TD because one ref called offensive PI and the other came over and said it wasn't (it wasn't--but where was that on Edelman's play, it also wasn't)

the unsportsmanlike conduct on Harbaugh seems like a joke, if he truly was seeking a timeout--I have not seen a replay of what happened before the call to know for sure, but 15 yards in that spot seems out of line

all the non calls for the after the whistle punches, head slaps, and other scrums are a factor as well.....the after the play stuff is WAY worse than ever before and when they let it go all game, it puts everything in a dangerous place
9/24/2012 4:22 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
Official © 2012 Patriots Super Bowl March Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.