No Quitters!!! S25 - at most need 1 (maybe none) Topic

I think that with another 4 years of on-the-job training Obama may develop into a half decent president. Just in time for him to hit the lecture circuit and tell his successor what he/she is doing wrong. 
10/3/2012 1:39 AM
I tend to be a pragmatic idealist, except during spring training, when hope springs eternal. When it comes to politics, I've been a cynic, but Obama's 2008 campaign moved me into the skeptical column, where I intend to remain. I mean, what are the options? It may be that the computer vote-counters are crooked. It is certain that campaigns and governing have little relationship. Government may seem so distant as to be something other than the expression of we the people, but what's the alternative?
10/3/2012 10:25 AM
As someone who has "wasted" his vote in numerous previous elections by supporting someone out of the main stream.  I will confess to following the advice of "the who" this time around ("we won't be fooled again")  Since I believe, like Rockindock, that the major issue facing this and other "westernized" countries is the debt, I can not support a party/leader who is dividing the country for personal gain and seems clueless on the debt (more taxes would be nice but increasing the income tax is NOT the solution (ie taxing income does not tax wealth and it is wealth that needs taxing) nor does it address the major issue for greens or "growth" economists which is the COST of energy (if you have a passing knowledge of thermodynamics you know electricity is NOT the answer)).  Ultimately the only way to get the debt under control is to limit spending, which means someones OX is going to get gored (if not everyones) and since the debt can not increase forever (even the fed can not do that) it is just a matter of time.  Therefore since the incumbant has PROVEN he is incompetant TO MAKE THE NECESSARY AND HARD DECISIONS. I will vote for the challenger (and hold my nose and cross my fingers while I do it. ie GAG AND CHUCK LUNCH)
10/3/2012 11:44 AM (edited)
Congrats to M Cabrera on winning the triple crown - Is there a player in No Quitters!! with that potential?   Join and find out = sitemail grivfmd1 today
10/9/2012 8:25 PM (edited)
Apparently we have an owner (4 completed years) who became tired of waiting and has now left WIS (this was his last HBD team).  Unfortunately, if wis does not find a cure for the long delays between seasons (and NQ is short compared to some others) this will be more of a trend in future.  In any case a very good team is now available.  The Richmund Engineers were 91-71 last season with a solid minor league record/system http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2583.  Hopefully farrre83 elects to return to the NL south.  Sitemail grivfmd1 to become the owner of any of these teams.
10/5/2012 8:47 PM (edited)
Posted by grivfmd1 on 9/30/2012 7:06:00 AM (view original):
will consider newbies, if they come recommended (or have significant experience in the real game) and understand the rules (esp the 3 season minimum)
newbies = new to HBD
10/6/2012 12:33 AM
understand the rules = means our private world rules (MWR etc) and MLBs rules
10/6/2012 7:37 AM
Posted by grivfmd1 on 10/2/2012 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by grivfmd1 on 9/30/2012 8:22:00 PM (view original):
now that all is sorted out, the No Shows out and the new owners in, it turns out there are 3 openings as follows: (1) The Washington DC Senators, http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2588, - owned for 18 years by AllSox - for much of that time a division power (with the Baltimore Blue Crabs(my team)) but like the Blue Crabs has been out of the running for several seasons. Major Rebuild. (Nearly trash heap quality) This is the only team available in the NL. (2) The New Orleans Natty Dreads, http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2566, (AL South) an historic team with only 2 previous owners.  The team is getting older and will need some TLC. It could end up like the Washington or Baltimore franchises at the bottom of the pack or could prosper - will depend on the new owner.(good team) (3) The Nashville Thunder, http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2568, (AL South) Expected this owner back, but he is not. This club needs lots of work from the minors up. (Closest thing in No Quitters to a trash heap.) Too many different owners, needs stability. SITEMAIL GRIVFMD1 about any of these teams.
get your team NOW - sitemail Grivfmd1 today
Richmund also still available.   Get yours today sitemail Grivfmd1 today.  If you want a solid team take New Orleans or Richmund, if you want a semi - trash heap take Nashville.  Want something in between try Washington DC. Teams can be moved and renamed (ie you do not need to stay in Washington)
10/6/2012 3:38 PM (edited)
sitemail me I'm getting lonely with no sitemail
10/8/2012 5:00 PM
And we don't want griv to get too lonely. That gets weird and ugly, and very embarrassing to try to explain.
10/8/2012 7:26 PM
when I get lonely I start talking politics (which makes me seem irritable and does make others irritable) - and no one wants that to happen again - So sitemail grivfmd1 today
10/11/2012 11:03 AM (edited)
C'mon, people. This really is one of the best world's out there. If you're looking to buy a team, you'll be very happy here.
10/10/2012 6:56 PM
Nothing sooths the savage beast like new owners - we have had 2 new owners (1 returned) in the last 18 hours so I am less irritable.  However the same 4 teams are still available (see above) - 2 decent teams and 2 poor teams - you can have your pick by sitemailing Grivfmd1 (and make me even less irritable, which everyone in the league will appreciate.)
10/13/2012 6:51 AM (edited)
will be away starting 10/13 for 12 days, will be on less - will extend privacy before I leave -- anyone interested will need to have some patience but should still sitemail GRIVFMD1
10/12/2012 10:31 AM
will be on and off until about 11 am then about once a day (see above) - so NOW is the time to get your team Sitemail Grivfmd1
10/13/2012 6:51 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
No Quitters!!! S25 - at most need 1 (maybe none) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.