LOL at Peyton Topic

Throwing to Jerry Rice and dinking the ball to Roger Craig probably didn't hurt him much.
2/4/2014 2:40 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2014 2:40:00 PM (view original):
I told todd once that I thought Young was better for his career and I think he could have driven a hammer through my face if he had the opportunity at that moment.

Remember that he's also very win/championship-heavy when it comes to judging QBs.  He probably thinks Eli is a top 20 QB all time.
Well, Eli did beat Patsy Nation's GOAT twice.

So there's that.
2/4/2014 2:44 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/4/2014 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2014 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Someone mobile like Kap, yea.  If you can't run, you didn't have much of a chance, you're right.

If he threw that ball better (higher, farther) Crabtree had a shot at it.  Kap's throws don't have a ton of trajectory.  If he had another receiver open...damn.
Brady did pretty well vs Seattle last season...in Seattle.  Came up short because of crappy D.
Excuses for Brady losing = ok.
Excuses for Manning losing = not ok.

He played ok (just ok).  And these were different teams.  If you think Brady would had been successful against that team without Welker and Gronk, I don't know what to say.
2/4/2014 2:45 PM
Peyton lost 43-8...it was never close, what excuses can he have?  When did Brady ever get blown the **** out in a Super Bowl?
2/15/2014 3:10 PM
Patriots must be complete **** if they lost to a team that got blown out in the SB.
2/15/2014 3:14 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/15/2014 3:14:00 PM (view original):
Patriots must be complete **** if they lost to a team that got blown out in the SB.
They were the Walking Dead. Anyone in their right mind could see that. They shouldn't have even been there.
2/15/2014 9:50 PM
If they played in any other division except maybe the NFC EAst, they wouldn't have gotten close.
2/15/2014 9:58 PM
Peyton and that offense were terrible. The team was built to win this season with all the cash they threw around this offseason. Now you have D Thomas and Julian Thomas as free agents and I can't imagine the team getting better. Retirement?
1/11/2015 8:05 PM
The fact that they play in the AFC West means they're just about a shoo-in for the playoffs if they remain status quo. 

My guess is it really depends on his health.    If he feels like he can still play, he did seem to have enough arm to make deep throws(even though they never connected), I could see him giving it another shot.    I just don't know if he has any plans after football.   He's not going to coach.  I can't see him becoming a talking head.  When he walks away, he might be like Archie. 
1/11/2015 8:10 PM

I'm wondering if they're actually screwed with him at QB.  Because he's the guy driving the bus, but he can't throw the ball anymore.  Some of those deep throws never connected because they looked like punts.

Make no mistake, top five ever and all that but...

Guys like Dalton and Colt McCoy take **** because they have no arm.  That Bama kid from last year barely got drafted.  A guy is all brain, no arm, he gets called a career clipboard holder.  If a 22 year old guy had Peyton's arm right now, he probably couldn't even get a tryout.

1/11/2015 8:20 PM
That feels like an overreaction.   Denver won 12 games, Manning threw for 4700 yds, 39 TD and 15 INT.    He may not be the best QB these days but I don't think I'm comparing him to Dalton, McCoy or McCarronn.     He's still top 5.   
1/11/2015 8:31 PM
That said, there was one play that made me think "Does he really want to be out there?"

It was a fumble and he looked like the last place on earth he wanted to be was near the pile that would form in an effort to recover the ball.   Maybe he had no shot at it, maybe all QB look that way but I just thought he looked "old" on that specific play. 
1/11/2015 8:34 PM
I can't argue with the stats but he put all the TDs up before December.  He just wasn't passing the eye test for the past two months, and they won a lot of those games by running the ball.

Maybe he was injured worse than anyone let on.

1/11/2015 8:43 PM
I'm going to assume he was playing with that thigh injury, and once that heals completely, he'll be fine. He's looked pretty ****** since he took that hit against San Diego. Imagine your left thigh hurting, and then imagine trying to throw a football hard. You need that leg. That said, he looked like ****. 

Credit Indy for using Seattle's strategy of clogging up the middle and making Peyton throw to the outside.
1/12/2015 10:11 AM
PED freak still can't throw the ball.

Taking a page from Clemens' handbook and having the drugs sent to his wife.

12/28/2015 1:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14 Next ▸
LOL at Peyton Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.