THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

The health insurance pays for it, not the employer. What health coverage the employee needs us not the employer's business.
10/16/2012 10:13 AM

Most employers pay for their employees.

They are being forced to coomit a mortal sin by Obama.

And Obama is being sued by large Catholic orginizations.

Of course the media seems to be letting this slide.

10/16/2012 1:24 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/16/2012 1:24:00 PM (view original):

Most employers pay for their employees.

They are being forced to coomit a mortal sin by Obama.

And Obama is being sued by large Catholic orginizations.

Of course the media seems to be letting this slide.

So what? What is the difference if an employer pays for health insurance that pays for health care the employee needs or if the employer pays the employee salary that pays for health care the employee needs?

Most companies remind their employees as often as they can that they consider the money spent on health insurance benefits part of the employee's overall compensation package.

It's still the employees choice to use contraception or plan b and none of the employer's business if they choose to.
10/16/2012 1:43 PM
So both you and Obama dont care about people "Clinging to their God".

10/16/2012 3:40 PM
People are welcome to choose not to take contraceptives or use plan b. But health insurance has to cover it if the employee needs it. No one's religious views are being violated.
10/16/2012 3:43 PM
So you dont have any problem with the Government forcing Catholics to pay for contraceptives and abortions? 
10/16/2012 5:06 PM
10/16/2012 5:28 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/16/2012 5:06:00 PM (view original):
So you dont have any problem with the Government forcing Catholics to pay for contraceptives and abortions? 
No. I have no problem with the government forcing health insurance companies to cover contraceptives and the plan b pill (which isn't abortion). You know, health insurance covering health care.

10/16/2012 6:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/16/2012 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/16/2012 5:06:00 PM (view original):
No. I have no problem with the government forcing health insurance companies to cover contraceptives and the plan b pill (which isn't abortion). You know, health insurance covering health care.

So I will re ask the question since you refuse to answer it.

So you have no problem with forcing Catholics to pay for their employees contracptives and abortions (Plan b is an abortion by every religious standard) even though it is a mortal sin?

Please explain why that is ok for you?
10/17/2012 7:48 PM
You're making a distinction without a difference.

Religious organizations pay their employees salary. Religious organizations pay (all or part of) their employees' health insurance premiums.

Is there a difference if the employees use their salary to pay for contraceptives or their health insurance coverage to pay for contraceptives?
10/18/2012 11:42 AM
My health insurance is co-funded by two sources: my employer, and me.

if I have a moral and/or religious objection to contraception and/or abortion, why should the government be allowed to force me to pay premiums to health insurance companies that subsidize what I consider to be immoral acts?
10/18/2012 12:18 PM
My health insurance is co-funded by two sources: my employer and me.

If I have a moral and/or religious objection to chemotherapy and/or vaccinations, why should the government be allowed to force me to pay premiums to health insurance companies that subsidize what I consider to be immoral acts?
10/18/2012 12:29 PM
Are you trying to claim that there is a comparable number of people who have moral/religious objections to chemotherapy and vaccinations as there are to contraception and abortion?
10/18/2012 12:43 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/18/2012 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Are you trying to claim that there is a comparable number of people who have moral/religious objections to chemotherapy and vaccinations as there are to contraception and abortion?
EDIT: No, I'm not claiming that.

Does it matter if there is a comparable number of people? What right does the government have to force me to pay premiums to a company that pays for health care for someone else that I have a moral objection to? 
10/18/2012 1:01 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 10/18/2012 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/18/2012 12:43:00 PM (view original):
EDIT: No, I'm not claiming that.

Does it matter if there is a comparable number of people? What right does the government have to force me to pay premiums to a company that pays for health care for someone else that I have a moral objection to? 
Yes, it matters.

If one person (out of 300 million) has a moral or religious objection to, say, aspirin, then nobody (other than that one person) is going to give a ****.  They're disregarded as fringe.

If 30 million people (out of 300 million) has a moral or religious objection to aspirin, now you have a significant population to take note of.

So the number matters.
10/18/2012 1:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.