THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Wikipedia doesn't seem to think it's a hotly disputed issue that the objective observer should struggle with...

Is it at all possible you don't know the views of the scientific community nearly as well as you think you do?

12/23/2012 1:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by genghisxcon on 12/23/2012 1:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/21/2012 8:12:00 PM (view original):
So there is no difference between something that happened a few years ago and something that happened before anyone on earth was alive times 1000?
Was responding to the post before the one before mine.

Asked to explain why being confused about the origins of the planet isnt the same as being confused about the moon landings.

So I exlained why they are different.
12/24/2012 1:55 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/21/2012 4:53:00 PM (view original):
And is the world really round?

Of course we have picture of a round earth from space, but those could be faked on a computer. And there are scientists that argue the world is flat (and it certainly looks flat from the window in my office). No consensus and equally valid points on both sides. I guess you can't form an opinion on that either.

But wait, how about a philosophical question that could literally never be proven one way or another?

Like say...is atheism a religion?

Well, ****, in that case you have no problem emphatically stating that you believe atheism is 100% a religion and that your logic is indisputable. Odd place to take a stand.
What about this mister neutral?
12/24/2012 10:45 AM
Christmas=calendar holiday celebrated by shopping
12/24/2012 11:22 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/24/2012 4:38:00 PM (view original):
So what is the actual point of conflict.

Science always looks at things from many different viewpoints. We dont know how dinosaurs died.

The only time that there can only be one viewpoint is when it attacks traditional conservative values...

The earth has to be a specific age.
Global warming has to be man made.
Animals can feel.

A good example is the case Congressman Akin.

He mentioned an issue of pregnancy being less likely in the case of rape. There is scientific research that supports that pregnancy is more likely if the women enjoys the sex. Of course no one ever brought that up while if helped a liberal.

You come across stupider and stupider with each post.
12/24/2012 4:51 PM
Of course.

I dont buy into the left wing anti-tradition agenda.

After that you dont need to exchange ideas or discuss facts.

You can just declare me an idiot and walk away!
12/24/2012 5:03 PM
The earth does have to be a specific age. It can't be both 4.5 billion years old and 10,000 years old. This isn't a liberal/conservative issue.
12/24/2012 5:19 PM
The dinosaurs couldnt have been wiped out by a meteor and climate change. We just discuss it and examine the evidence but we dont know.

When it makes Conservative Christians look bad it is never an issue of discussion.
12/24/2012 5:37 PM
Swamp has trouble connecting the dots.
12/24/2012 6:18 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/24/2012 5:37:00 PM (view original):
The dinosaurs couldnt have been wiped out by a meteor and climate change. We just discuss it and examine the evidence but we dont know.

When it makes Conservative Christians look bad it is never an issue of discussion.
The age of the earth is something scientists are sure of. How the dinosaurs died off is not. This has nothing to do with politics.
12/24/2012 6:19 PM
I believe Bis posted some scientific sources that call some of these issues into question.

I have heard the Thermodynamic one since I was in school.
12/25/2012 3:06 AM

Merry Christmas, ********!

12/25/2012 4:39 AM
◂ Prev 1...48|49|50|51|52...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.