Update Status - 10/1 Topic

Still working on the rushing play.  I had one set back on how I was executing the play that I had to rework, but it is working a lot cleaner and simpler now than where I was heading.  It now requires just a bunch of tedious coding to get the rushing play finished.  The passing play will take a lot of the rushing play mechanics and have to add some for passing, obviously, but how passing, cover, and receiving will be handled will be very similar to how rushing is handled.

I've added the mechanics for the expanded pbp and once I get the rushing play finished, I hope to share a few examples.  I think this is where beta will be particularly helpful in helping to shape that expanded pbp.  I was trying to work good/bad play indicators into the game, like we have for baseball, but I'm finding that tough to work in right now.  It might be something we try to work in at a later date when we can take a little more time to focus on it.

My goal at this point is to get the engine playing through the games with all of the parts to each play coded.  Get the website updated with the new game plan settings, including the updated box score page, and get this out to beta. In beta, I want to concentrate on play results, game decisions, and the expanded pbp.  Hopefully we don't have to change any of the big things like game plan settings, since that will require bigger changes.

So still no definite date for the beta to start, but the finish line is in sight.
10/1/2012 10:28 AM
Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to the Beta!
10/1/2012 10:39 AM
Sounds very promising and positive.  Keep up the good work Norbert....we are all looking forward to the end product.
10/1/2012 11:26 AM
Hang in there, norbert. It is a big job, but us end users appreciate your work.
10/1/2012 1:48 PM
Thanks!
10/1/2012 2:27 PM
Good news indeed
10/1/2012 10:27 PM
Thanks Norbert!
10/1/2012 10:34 PM
Thanks!
10/1/2012 11:14 PM
Thanks for the update.  Just to settle things, are you jconte?  Because if you say no here, they HAVE to believe you.
10/2/2012 12:29 AM

Norbert, you rock!  It's great to hear about these updates and consistent communication on your progress:)

10/2/2012 7:53 AM
Good work norbert, now get your *** back to work and stop wasting time posting here.
10/2/2012 10:12 AM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 10/2/2012 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Good work norbert, now get your *** back to work and stop wasting time posting here.
  LOL

Norbert, for all future update posts....you should lead off with something like:  "This update is for all of you PIA coaches who want an update every five minutes.  For all of you PIA other coaches who just want me to work on the engine, without giving updates, then please IGNORE this post.  (then use the Jedi mind trick to ensure them that you are in fact working on the engine at that very moment and that they are very happy with your efforts)."

That way you can satisfy all of us PIA coaches.  
10/2/2012 11:33 AM
Thank you for the update!   These 'peeks behind the curtain' really do keep us lowly 'end users' engaged in the process, and in the game as a whole...
10/2/2012 12:11 PM
You guys realize you pay this site to play this game right?

From the way this thread sounds it's almost like he's doing us a favor by actually doing his job.

10/2/2012 7:11 PM
Posted by tcochran on 10/2/2012 7:11:00 PM (view original):
You guys realize you pay this site to play this game right?

From the way this thread sounds it's almost like he's doing us a favor by actually doing his job.

this
10/2/2012 7:18 PM
123456 Next ▸
Update Status - 10/1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.