OT: Help me out!!! Topic

Glad to help a fellow Panther out.  I had some fond memories there.  Definitely a great school.
10/9/2012 2:26 PM
Posted by cubfan131 on 10/9/2012 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Glad to help a fellow Panther out.  I had some fond memories there.  Definitely a great school.
Awesome! What year did you graduate?

But now for the bad news... I'm going to have to drop the class... unfortunately, it's been a struggle for me from the start and taking 18 credit hours is extremely tough, and I had to cut somewhere... Thanks for the help, and I can for sure share some of the results I found when I get the time. Sorry about that guys, but thanks for participating, it is much appreciated, and, since it is a required class, I'll have to take it again anyway, so this info may be of use yet!

10/9/2012 3:29 PM
Posted by mb625 on 10/9/2012 3:29:00 PM (view original):

But now for the bad news... I'm going to have to drop the class... unfortunately, it's been a struggle for me from the start and taking 18 credit hours is extremely tough, and I had to cut somewhere... Thanks for the help, and I can for sure share some of the results I found when I get the time. Sorry about that guys, but thanks for participating, it is much appreciated, and, since it is a required class, I'll have to take it again anyway, so this info may be of use yet!

I graduated in 2005.  What are you majoring in?  I was oringinally an accounting major but switched to Management Information Systems.  I think I maxed out at taking 16 credit hours at a time and I know more than that would be a handful.

10/9/2012 4:15 PM
Posted by cubfan131 on 10/9/2012 4:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mb625 on 10/9/2012 3:29:00 PM (view original):

I graduated in 2005.  What are you majoring in?  I was oringinally an accounting major but switched to Management Information Systems.  I think I maxed out at taking 16 credit hours at a time and I know more than that would be a handful.

Interesting. I'm majoring in Electronic Media, and hoping to minor in Journalism.
10/9/2012 4:50 PM
When is your paper due? You gonna post the whole dad blamed thing here?
10/9/2012 6:20 PM
It was due today. I finished part of it, but ended up actually deciding to drop the class today... It all just went over my head... But here is what I can tell you, on simply the outset, I had 33 respondents of 55 who supported Romney, compared to 13 supporting Obama. The rest were in the Not Sure/No One/ Other Category. As far as the media types and sources, the overwhelming majority view internet sites (41 respondents) over TV (10), social media and newspapers (2 each). The most occuring media channel through which info was gathered, CNN and Local News occured most at 24 each... one interesting thing I noticed is that there were a lot of people who, though identifying as Liberals or Conservatives, would regularly cross party lines as far as what TV channels they watch, internet sites they look at, etc... This question was probably my biggest sticking point, however, because I didn't have any idea how to group the responses, so I actually ended up throwing out the question, which was disappointing as it was the one I was most interested in.

The last four questions (which were added later, and some of you didn't do them simply because they weren't in the survey yet) had actually different results than I predicted, which is a good thing. Internet sources, of course, were used often by the 29 respondents. But, 20 of 29 said that they used social media for political info gathering purposes rarely or never, and the average for tv was close to sometimes, and the average for newspapers was right in between sometimes and rarely, which was encouraging.

So, even without going as deep as I had wanted to, it was still pretty interesting.

10/9/2012 8:16 PM
So we learned that I get bombared by political information on Facebook and Caesari is the last human alive that reads newspapers?
10/10/2012 7:05 PM
Posted by nauds3000 on 10/10/2012 7:05:00 PM (view original):
So we learned that I get bombared by political information on Facebook and Caesari is the last human alive that reads newspapers?
Pretty much... that and I learned that college is hard... but I already knew that.
10/12/2012 12:50 AM
◂ Prev 1234
OT: Help me out!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.