the kill switch (or black list) Topic

They do, it's called don't read them.
10/4/2012 9:38 AM
Posted by ginobili04 on 10/4/2012 9:38:00 AM (view original):
They do, it's called don't read them.

Wow! Someone that makes sense. I don't see that too often on here.
10/4/2012 11:13 AM
Put me into the camp that says that WIS can manipulate results. I've seen far too many games and results that would make me believe otherwise.

I also believe that they favor certain coaches and sway results to favor those. Why wouldn't I believe this? jcontes various escapades are all the proof I need that cheating behind the scenes is possible and doable.

For those who want to say we are living in a make believe world jcontes cheating is well known. So why would should we believe that more cheating hasn't occured?
10/4/2012 2:53 PM
I really wish that I could agree with this theory because I really like a good conspiracy.  But, C'mon man?  Really?
10/4/2012 3:25 PM
Posted by tenaciousdx on 10/4/2012 3:25:00 PM (view original):
I really wish that I could agree with this theory because I really like a good conspiracy.  But, C'mon man?  Really?
Some of this I agree is a conspiracy. However conte's cheating is not. That is a well known fact. He was caught cheating in Leahy, cheated with an alternate ID on another occasion and programmed the game to give Notre dame an edge in recruiting and who knows all what else.

As for results being manipulated. That is a conspiracy for sure. But with contes known cheating it tells me that manipulation is possible.
10/4/2012 3:59 PM
 i will agree that jconte was snake fo sho 
10/4/2012 5:32 PM
oops was a snake.  not the actual Snake.  though he might have been
10/4/2012 5:33 PM
What ever happen to snake, some of his post were classic just like gino's
10/4/2012 7:51 PM
conte had dogshit for brains,  i'm certain of that.
10/5/2012 4:15 PM
The only reason I would disagree is that after the update I got banned 3 times (nearly lifetime forum ban) for calling out JConte and the engine. I went onto 3 NC's after that.
10/5/2012 9:14 PM
Posted by nauds3000 on 10/5/2012 9:14:00 PM (view original):
The only reason I would disagree is that after the update I got banned 3 times (nearly lifetime forum ban) for calling out JConte and the engine. I went onto 3 NC's after that.
You've been left alone because some of the rest of us have taken up the slack.  Jibe just got hammered today.  I'm so far into WISs **** list that if you are even cordial to me WIS will hammer you.
10/7/2012 7:10 PM
I've always felt there was a switch but waited until my season was over to post my opinion.  I put in a not-so-nice gripe ticket earlier in the season regarding my offense being set at Very Conservative on any formation that has any possibility of passing, yet the engine sims my qb to throw 4 deep balls, 3 of which were intercepted, ultimately costing me a pivotal game.  The game was close throughout and none of my optional settings ever got to click in and they were set on very conservative anyway. 

I made it very clear that after next season (the final one I've paid for), WIS won't get any more money from me.  The ticket was closed with no response, so I felt pretty assured that the switch would get thrown against me.  First playoff game...  I hold a 31-10 lead IN THE 4TH QUARTER and end up losing.  My leading big defensive option was set at very conservative to keep everthing in front of me and limit any big plays, yet in the final 10 minutes he was able to crush the defense that had been crushing for him for more than 3 quarters while simultaneously stopping the offense that had completely dominated him for the same timeframe...  I almost doubled him up in time of possession.

So, I'm pretty sure that was WIS's way of saying don't let the door hit you on the way out.  I really don't care, as I put way too much time into this as it is, and in my opinion, recruiting is more fun than the game aspect anyway.  In any event, yes, I do think there is a "switch".
10/20/2012 8:53 AM
◂ Prev 12
the kill switch (or black list) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.