Oakland A's Topic

Just gotta say something about the A's.  What an incredible story. 5 rookie starters?  Yeah, I know that techinically Blackley isn't, but 34 innings in the majors says he is.  What an incredible year.  Walk off wins, no names producing...another Billy Beane masterpiece.  Thank you Boston for Josh Reddick.  That dude looks like he's in the Foo Fighters.
10/3/2012 10:44 PM
Here's rooting for an Oakland-Baltimore ALCS. It'd be an awesome series.
10/3/2012 10:58 PM
**** yeah, I'm down.
10/3/2012 11:03 PM
If Melvin does win MOY, they should stop giving it out.  Great job.
10/4/2012 10:47 AM
Did you mean "doesn't"?

And I know I'm an Os fan, but I don't see anyone but Buck winning MOY this year.
10/4/2012 11:26 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/4/2012 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Did you mean "doesn't"?

And I know I'm an Os fan, but I don't see anyone but Buck winning MOY this year.
Oops, yes.  Sorry.  Please explain how you can put Buck ahead of Melvin.

Buck has a larger payroll.
Buck has more experienced players.
Buck has more "name" players.
Buck's team was predicted to be much better.
Buck's team didn't win their Division.
10/5/2012 9:51 AM
Buck's team plays in the AL East against NY and Boston and has been in the spotlight all year, and nobody realized there was a still a team in Oakland until about 3 days ago.

Not saying it's right, but that's why it's going to happen.
10/5/2012 9:55 AM
"Bucks team was predicted to be much better"

Sorry...but no. Not even close. Everyone knows the As will always put up a fight. Couple that with the Os being in the East with what was perceived to be 4 other dominant teams when the season started, and expectations were way lower for the Os
10/5/2012 12:17 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/5/2012 12:17:00 PM (view original):

Sorry...but no. Not even close. Everyone knows the As will always put up a fight. Couple that with the Os being in the East with what was perceived to be 4 other dominant teams when the season started, and expectations were way lower for the Os
Uh, NO!  Search all you want, but I'll bet you won't find one national publication that predicted the A's to have a better record this season.  I'm all for a good debate, but unlike politicians, I like to keep some reality in the arguments.
10/5/2012 4:03 PM

That didn't take long.  This is a rather obscure rag though, so I can understand how you didn't see it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/03/28/si.mlb.2012.preview/index.html

10/5/2012 4:07 PM
Vegas also gave the A's a higher O/U for wins, but what do they know?
10/5/2012 4:09 PM
Bottom line is most people thought they were both going to suck this year, so that one's a draw.
10/5/2012 4:11 PM
But all3 likes to keep it real, dontcha know
10/5/2012 4:15 PM
The A's have talent.  That pitching staff looks great.  I still don't understand how the Orioles have done it, in that division.
10/5/2012 4:19 PM
Posted by all3 on 10/5/2012 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/5/2012 12:17:00 PM (view original):

Uh, NO!  Search all you want, but I'll bet you won't find one national publication that predicted the A's to have a better record this season.  I'm all for a good debate, but unlike politicians, I like to keep some reality in the arguments.
www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7773875/predicting-year-baseball
10/5/2012 4:24 PM
12 Next ▸
Oakland A's Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.