Silent Auction Draft-You Make the Whitelist NEED 1 Topic

I feel like a few categories where more players are available is good, but moreso in situations where the whole group is mediocre than when there is a clear gradient in quality.

A google docs spreadsheet or such of who bid what where would definitely be interesting once everything is finalized.
1/8/2013 6:17 PM
Just curious. What is the most you have ever seen someone bid for 1 player in a league like this?
1/9/2013 5:22 PM
My understanding is that this particular league had not been run before...so we're probably setting the baseline parameters as we speak :)
1/9/2013 5:26 PM
I would think 150 wouldbe about max. Might be foolish to bid more than that
1/9/2013 6:37 PM
Posted by lampdogg on 1/9/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):
So you're saying you bid 151 on a category and don't want to be outbid, eh? ;)
1/10/2013 10:02 AM
flyingman, have all 16 teams submitted their bids?
1/10/2013 10:30 AM
Posted by lampdogg on 1/10/2013 10:30:00 AM (view original):
flyingman, have all 16 teams submitted their bids?
Nope still waiting on three. I don't feel like I need to name names. You know who you are...
1/10/2013 10:45 AM
Posted by reddtrain on 1/10/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lampdogg on 1/9/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):
So you're saying you bid 151 on a category and don't want to be outbid, eh? ;)
I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to be the first to say it.

Personally, I think bidding more than 50 is a waste. :)
1/10/2013 3:25 PM
List is in.
1/10/2013 10:26 PM
I am in the process of tabulating the ballots and generating the draft schedules. If everything goes right, I should be done in a few hours.
1/11/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by flyingman on 1/11/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
I am in the process of tabulating the ballots and generating the draft schedules. If everything goes right, I should be done in a few hours.
Good luck!
1/11/2013 11:26 AM
A little late to the conversation, but I too would've picked a different category if I picked later in the draft on my first category. I picked it early when we had very few categories with starting pitching and thought having a category to complement the aces category would be nice so as to have both a stud and a lower quality starter would be nice, but in retrospect I would have picked a category with a larger gradient of talent and a smaller group of players.

I was thinking of this more along the lines of a Big Dick league where every category fills out a spot on the roster instead of looking at categories as something that could potentially fill any roster spot.
1/11/2013 11:53 AM
Posted by flyingman on 1/11/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Holding my breath on a couple of categories...
1/11/2013 12:46 PM
Posted by just4me on 1/11/2013 11:53:00 AM (view original):
A little late to the conversation, but I too would've picked a different category if I picked later in the draft on my first category. I picked it early when we had very few categories with starting pitching and thought having a category to complement the aces category would be nice so as to have both a stud and a lower quality starter would be nice, but in retrospect I would have picked a category with a larger gradient of talent and a smaller group of players.

I was thinking of this more along the lines of a Big Dick league where every category fills out a spot on the roster instead of looking at categories as something that could potentially fill any roster spot.
The league that I borrowed the silent auction idea from did something similar. It took a season and people drafted starting 1B, starting 2B, etc. I thought it would be interesting to leave things more open-ended. It definitely has been an interesting experience. I would love to see how a second season of this plays out.
1/11/2013 12:51 PM
I'd definitely do a second season... I think we've already learned enough this time around to make a second season interesting and worthwhile.
1/11/2013 12:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Silent Auction Draft-You Make the Whitelist NEED 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.