Posted by DKC on 10/9/2012 2:38:00 PM (view original):
once I leave a team, I don't think about it much.  Occasionally, I might see how it is doing the next season or so.  However, I wouldn't go as far as offering unsolicited advice to the new coach.
Ditto .
10/9/2012 3:23 PM
This thread had a decent amount of unintentional comedy.

The inside joke of "Who is John Ray" cracked me up the most.

10/10/2012 11:31 PM
If I was going to leave a team that I cared about like, uh randolph macon then I would probably leave it to someone that I know would do a good job. Maybe a family member or a good buddy. 

If I were going to leave a team that I didn't care about like, uh fairmont state then I would probably set up a very difficult ooc, and leave right after the school has its best season in its history.

And according to customer service you are in violation of the leagues fairplay policy by aiding your old team with the great knowledge of letting him know that he has to set his lineup. As the your team and his team have to be run completely and totally independently.  LOL.
10/11/2012 7:10 AM
tiger, didn't you create an alt for Randolph Macon? It appears we are both making the same sprint to D1 in Leahy.
10/11/2012 8:12 AM
Posted by flipdog0 on 10/8/2012 7:36:00 PM (view original):

I am totally wrong period huh?  I figured I would remind the guy to set his starters because I do not know anyone who lets their team go 5 games without setting starters, unless they forgot.  Can I get a show of hands of all the coaches who let the SIM AI do anything on their squads?  Oh that's right none.  At least no successful coaches.  

Do I like to see my former teams run to the ground? No. Do I really care? No.  But to I care enough to remind the former coach to set his starters and attempt to give him some tips in that respect? Yes..... So sue me.

Yes, you were totally wrong period.  First, it isn't your team.  You have no right to say anything about how it is being coached or run.  Second, your sitemails were incredibly rude and condescending.  You don't try to offer constructive help by being a dick and then getting mad when you are called a dick in the response and make it worse.  Third, the coach you were giving your not so friendly advice too is far more experienced and a better coach than you.  Which of course makes the whole thing worse.

The bottom line is quite simply, if you wanted to coach that team you shouldn't have left.  The minute you left, you should have left.  You were wrong pretty much on all accounts.  Period.

10/11/2012 10:23 AM
He said to sue him.  Do you think you will pursue monetary damages?
10/11/2012 12:02 PM
Posted by moranis on 10/11/2012 10:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by flipdog0 on 10/8/2012 7:36:00 PM (view original):

I am totally wrong period huh?  I figured I would remind the guy to set his starters because I do not know anyone who lets their team go 5 games without setting starters, unless they forgot.  Can I get a show of hands of all the coaches who let the SIM AI do anything on their squads?  Oh that's right none.  At least no successful coaches.  

Do I like to see my former teams run to the ground? No. Do I really care? No.  But to I care enough to remind the former coach to set his starters and attempt to give him some tips in that respect? Yes..... So sue me.

Yes, you were totally wrong period.  First, it isn't your team.  You have no right to say anything about how it is being coached or run.  Second, your sitemails were incredibly rude and condescending.  You don't try to offer constructive help by being a dick and then getting mad when you are called a dick in the response and make it worse.  Third, the coach you were giving your not so friendly advice too is far more experienced and a better coach than you.  Which of course makes the whole thing worse.

The bottom line is quite simply, if you wanted to coach that team you shouldn't have left.  The minute you left, you should have left.  You were wrong pretty much on all accounts.  Period.

believe me, I am absolutely terrible at this game. I have no idea what I am doing. It takes a certain skill to go 0-13
10/11/2012 12:18 PM
Indeed, given your history of "part-time" coaching, it does seems odd that you would be casting such stones and then going public with it. 

Still its more interesting than most of these threads so good on ya for that!
10/11/2012 3:04 PM
Posted by caesari on 10/11/2012 8:12:00 AM (view original):
tiger, didn't you create an alt for Randolph Macon? It appears we are both making the same sprint to D1 in Leahy.
Nah, my son took it over. There was a big stink about it because he is only 16. Hense no credit card and he had to use mine causing a little confusion. I am staying at tenn-chat DIAA until VATECH opens up. I might be there a while :(
10/11/2012 8:35 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 10/11/2012 8:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 10/11/2012 8:12:00 AM (view original):
Nah, my son took it over. There was a big stink about it because he is only 16. Hense no credit card and he had to use mine causing a little confusion. I am staying at tenn-chat DIAA until VATECH opens up. I might be there a while :(
Nice! Good luck to him!

And get Sam Houston State a challenge for noncon! I may only be there 1-2 seasons, but let's play a little!
10/11/2012 10:01 PM
Posted by flipdog0 on 10/7/2012 11:25:00 PM (view original):
did matt ryan make a new username?
wha?
10/12/2012 3:01 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.