Obama Get's B1tch-Slapped by Big Bird Topic

China and Russia both spend a larger percent of their GDP on the military than the US does.

And they are probably not going to invade the US anytime soon, just like Germany and Japan were not going to.

We are the top dog and as we discovered in another thread the lower dogs always go after the top dog.

And I know the poison pill was not Obama's fault. My point was why isnt he suggesting military cuts if it isnt needed?
10/11/2012 2:04 AM
You lie Swamp. Seek help.

Military spending by nation       http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/apr/17/military-spending-countries-list

US                                  711.8 Billion

The next 14  combined  712.6 Billion

Per Capita Defense as % of GDP spending (from the World Bank)  http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS

2007-2011

USA      4.0   4.4      4.8     4.7     4.7
China    2.1   2.0      2.2     2.0      2.0
Russia   3.4   3.5      4.4     3.9      3.9

10/11/2012 9:55 AM
<<We are the top dog and as we discovered in another thread the lower dogs always go after the top dog.>>

"We" did not discover this another post. You were totally refuted and were totally unable to explain what you meant to ANYONE who read and commented on your inane post.
10/11/2012 9:56 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/11/2012 9:56:00 AM (view original):
<<We are the top dog and as we discovered in another thread the lower dogs always go after the top dog.>>

"We" did not discover this another post. You were totally refuted and were totally unable to explain what you meant to ANYONE who read and commented on your inane post.

3 people, all of whom share your political alliance.

I laid out the facts. 1st and 2nd always fight. You tried to use semantics and technicalites, but it is true. You know it.

10/11/2012 5:57 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/11/2012 9:55:00 AM (view original):
You lie Swamp. Seek help.

Military spending by nation       http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/apr/17/military-spending-countries-list

US                                  711.8 Billion

The next 14  combined  712.6 Billion

Per Capita Defense as % of GDP spending (from the World Bank)  http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/MS.MIL.XPND.GD.ZS

2007-2011

USA      4.0   4.4      4.8     4.7     4.7
China    2.1   2.0      2.2     2.0      2.0
Russia   3.4   3.5      4.4     3.9      3.9

You are correct about the GDP numbers. Was looking as some old data.

So we spend 4.7 and Russia spends 3.9. Similar considering we are in 2 wars right now. A lot of countries in the world spend in 2.5-3.5 range.

So is 4.7 high?

What is your defense worth?

Do you want to spend more or less than Russia?
10/11/2012 6:02 PM
10/11/2012 6:35 PM
Best thing Cresty ever posted!
10/11/2012 7:00 PM
<<You are correct about the GDP numbers. Was looking as some old data.>>

Show me what data you were looking at. I believe you are lying about that too.

And you also ignore that the US spends as much as the next 14 nations combined. Are we also worried about the UK, France, Germany, Japan, India, Brazil, South Korea to name a few on that list?
10/11/2012 7:12 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/11/2012 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/11/2012 9:56:00 AM (view original):

3 people, all of whom share your political alliance.

I laid out the facts. 1st and 2nd always fight. You tried to use semantics and technicalites, but it is true. You know it.

You did no such thing. 1-2 do not always fight. If by semantics and technicalities you mean "facts" then yes I did. And totally schooled you. Even got a "good post" comment from one of the conservatives on the board. You are just plain ignorant of history and economics. All you have are your "feelings" and "beliefs."
10/11/2012 7:14 PM
I laid out the history of 1 and 2 fighting and your response was things like who was #1 between Nato and Warsaw Pact.

It was my data vs your recnicalities
10/12/2012 3:37 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/11/2012 7:12:00 PM (view original):

And you also ignore that the US spends as much as the next 14 nations combined. Are we also worried about the UK, France, Germany, Japan, India, Brazil, South Korea to name a few on that list?
A better way to analyze is by a percentage of the nations GDP.
10/12/2012 3:40 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/12/2012 3:40:00 AM (view original):

Just for laughs...why don't you explain why that is a better way to analyze? I have my popcorn, so whenever you are ready you may proceed.

And again, I am requesting the "old data" that you were pulling out your *** "looking as." (sic)

10/12/2012 4:01 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/12/2012 3:37:00 AM (view original):
I laid out the history of 1 and 2 fighting and your response was things like who was #1 between Nato and Warsaw Pact.

It was my data vs your recnicalities
No actually, my response was a historical look at war from the Greeks on. I can go back and find the post if you want. But you know it was far more comprehensive than what you are claiming. And you did not lay out any objective way of measuring 1 and 2. You are just making **** up...like Romney-Ryan. Employing the old Gish-Gallup Swamp...and you are not getting away with it.
10/12/2012 4:04 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 10/12/2012 4:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 10/12/2012 3:40:00 AM (view original):

Just for laughs...why don't you explain why that is a better way to analyze? I have my popcorn, so whenever you are ready you may proceed.

And again, I am requesting the "old data" that you were pulling out your *** "looking as." (sic)

It is a better way to analyze because it isnt just static dollars. It takes into account a nations standing in the community of nations.

It is hard to visualize exactly how much a nation like Belgium spending is in relation to us.

A percentage of GDP shows a common standard.

So Russia at 3.9 spends less than the US at 4.7.

You are the only guy I know that gets upset when I admit you are right.
10/12/2012 5:44 AM
Using your % of GDP metric

Oman last year was at 6% of GDP. So should we fear Oman?  Oman spent about 3x the % of its GDP than China. So what statement would you make based on that data? Obviously one also has to consider the size of the economy as well to make sense of military spending (or any spending for that matter, including health care.) Your simplistic look at one stat and use that to mean something is ludicrous.

10/12/2012 8:20 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Obama Get's B1tch-Slapped by Big Bird Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.