A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Posted by winner77 on 8/19/2013 3:19:00 PM (view original):
I don't support Rodriguez at all in this because I am certain he did something to cheat, but I think his lawyers will do a helluva job in making Boesch out to be a total liar and a bum.  I mean, if ALL the evidence they have is coming from Boesch, they can definitely poke a lot of holes into the case MLB has against Rodriguez.

I don't see his suspension getting overturned by any means, but I can see a 50-100 game suspension instead of 214. 

That seems to be the consensus opinion/analysis.
8/19/2013 4:16 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/19/2013 4:16:00 PM (view original):
I don't support Rodriguez at all in this because I am certain he did something to cheat, but I think his lawyers will do a helluva job in making Boesch out to be a total liar and a bum.  I mean, if ALL the evidence they have is coming from Boesch, they can definitely poke a lot of holes into the case MLB has against Rodriguez.

I don't see his suspension getting overturned by any means, but I can see a 50-100 game suspension instead of 214. 

I think a lot of people underestimate how much his lawyers can help him out. 
8/19/2013 5:53 PM
i hate the skanks more than the rod

malpractice is the verdict!
8/20/2013 9:26 AM
His expensive lawyers may be able to help him on the legal front but in the end (once the Yankees figure out a way to dump him and his salary- and they will) - he will have no team in MLB to play for. No ballclub in the majors will touch him.

Re: the Dempster beaning
Rodriguez is lucky that it was Ryan Dempster and not Justin Verlander or Johnny Venters that beaned him. And if it wasn't Dempster that hit him then it would have been someone else. 
The problem with situations like this is that when something happens to "the guilty one", then this person is praised and hailed by many as a sort of hero and the "criminal" becomes the victim in the eyes of many, especially today where the media converges at the drop of a pin.

I have zero sympathy for either Rodriguez or the Yankees here. No one told the Yanks to give him this contract no more than anyone told the Angels to dole out an obsene salaries for Albert Pujols & Josh Hamilton.

They made these choices and they have to live with them. 

8/21/2013 1:49 PM
Posted by catcher_50 on 8/21/2013 1:49:00 PM (view original):
His expensive lawyers may be able to help him on the legal front but in the end (once the Yankees figure out a way to dump him and his salary- and they will) - he will have no team in MLB to play for. No ballclub in the majors will touch him.

Re: the Dempster beaning
Rodriguez is lucky that it was Ryan Dempster and not Justin Verlander or Johnny Venters that beaned him. And if it wasn't Dempster that hit him then it would have been someone else. 
The problem with situations like this is that when something happens to "the guilty one", then this person is praised and hailed by many as a sort of hero and the "criminal" becomes the victim in the eyes of many, especially today where the media converges at the drop of a pin.

I have zero sympathy for either Rodriguez or the Yankees here. No one told the Yanks to give him this contract no more than anyone told the Angels to dole out an obsene salaries for Albert Pujols & Josh Hamilton.

They made these choices and they have to live with them. 

All true.  The thing is, the Yankees gave Rodriguez that ridiculous contract after he had a monster 2007 season.  They definitely paid waaaaaaaay too much, and (on the surface) the contract is silly.  That said, at the time he was the top player in the world, so they were paying for THAT guy.  Not the poster boy for PEDs that he turned into. 
8/23/2013 5:36 PM
I'm a Red Sox fan.  I loved when Dempster beaned him.  I loved it more when A-Rod homered off him his next time up.

I'm rooting for A-Rod!!!  Real life villian giving everyone the middle finger, it's awesome
8/23/2013 10:25 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/19/2013 4:16:00 PM (view original):

They have some form of precident with Clemens. McNammy's reputation hurt his testimony.
8/24/2013 12:21 PM
Selig and the owners want to "take out the trash" (so to speak...) here and his defiance only hurts his cause because he has openly admitted (twice) on camera to using- plus he is a more- than- once offender. Selig may not be real popular but he is trying to clean things up.

I don't see where Rodriguez has any kind of a case, at least on the baseball front, no more than Braun or Cruz or Bastardo (etc...) or any of the others do- a failure to cooperate here only hurts himself.

Regardless of what the press is saying about the pinstriped love- in,  he can't be very popular in his own clubhouse after ratting out his own teammate in     
Francisco Cervelli.

8/25/2013 3:07 PM
Posted by catcher_50 on 8/25/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Selig and the owners want to "take out the trash" (so to speak...) here and his defiance only hurts his cause because he has openly admitted (twice) on camera to using- plus he is a more- than- once offender. Selig may not be real popular but he is trying to clean things up.

I don't see where Rodriguez has any kind of a case, at least on the baseball front, no more than Braun or Cruz or Bastardo (etc...) or any of the others do- a failure to cooperate here only hurts himself.

Regardless of what the press is saying about the pinstriped love- in,  he can't be very popular in his own clubhouse after ratting out his own teammate in     
Francisco Cervelli.

Weather they like it or not, the law is the law.  They have a signed agreement with the league and the player's association.  It will come down to technicalities and letter of the law arguments.  I mean, this is TECHNICALLY Alex's first offense, so he should get 50 games.  214 games sets a precedent that his lawyers should be able to eat for breakfast. 

I support a long ban for him, but laws are laws, and contracts are contracts.  We shall see what happens, but I like Rodriguez's case.

8/30/2013 5:42 PM
**** Him....I hope he gets hit by a car and ***** up his wobbly hip bad enough so he CAN'T play anymore and all this **** is moot. He's a COCKSUCKING SCUMBAG ARROGANT ***** ASSWIPE. He's also RICH beyond any of our WILDEST dreams. Just GO AWAY.......your "legacy" is already for ****, so what's the point? Does he hope the Skanks somehow make the playoffs and he "redeems" himself? What a ******* JOKE!!!
8/30/2013 6:05 PM
By the way.......the HOF ain't gonna be calling anytime soon.......SCUMBAG!!!
8/30/2013 6:06 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 8/30/2013 6:05:00 PM (view original):
**** Him....I hope he gets hit by a car and ***** up his wobbly hip bad enough so he CAN'T play anymore and all this **** is moot. He's a COCKSUCKING SCUMBAG ARROGANT ***** ASSWIPE. He's also RICH beyond any of our WILDEST dreams. Just GO AWAY.......your "legacy" is already for ****, so what's the point? Does he hope the Skanks somehow make the playoffs and he "redeems" himself? What a ******* JOKE!!!
Along the rumor mill, I read an article that claimed he was offered like 40 million buyout IF he agreed to retire.  He was willing to do that, but he wanted more like 80 million, or all of it.  So yes, he is greedy as hell...no doubt.
8/30/2013 6:09 PM
And that's my point. How much money do you NEED. Just walk the **** away already. Almost everyone thinks you're a DICK that is FAR beyond redemption, so what's the ******* point to sticking around? Does he think he's going to do something that will sway opinion? Cuz that's ******* HILARIOUS!!!
8/30/2013 6:21 PM
The other way to look at it is he thinks A, everyone hates me.....B, my baseball legacy is in the toilet......SO C, what do I have left?  Yep, the money.  It's all he has left so he is going after every dollar.  What else is there at this point?
8/30/2013 6:22 PM
And that makes me hate him even more...
8/30/2013 6:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...29|30|31|32|33...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.