GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

hazelwood and I picked the same code.
10/16/2012 10:48 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 10/15/2012 11:12:00 PM (view original):
VJSBRX
This
10/16/2012 10:49 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 10/16/2012 11:32:00 AM (view original):
VJSBRX -- whoo hoo, I still got my favorite!
and this
10/16/2012 10:49 PM

I fixed it trevnasty... sorry 'bout that.

As it turns out... bhazlewood did not get his pick (as it was taken) so he will get his choice between DSMFPBSA and VTSEGPTF... which since they are on the same tribe anyways.. I will choose DSMFPBSA for him.

Coach_deen slides in just in the nick of time, and will get his pick of VTSEGPTF

So for those of you who were wondering how to figure out the cryptogram -

In the sitemail I sent to everyone I gave you two steps. First, to read the rules of the game. Second, to post your name... I'm sure some who had thought they had read the rules failed to follow my instructions.... but I had added this tag into the rules on page 1 in big bold letters prior to sending that sitemail:

YJR VAIR OD TOHJY IMFRT UPIT GOMHRTYOQD. KIDY DJOGY ARGY PMVR.

This is a crtyptogram. You know, one of those things where each letter is a substitution for a different letter and you have to solve them by figuring out the "the"s and double letters, and working your way from there... However, thanks to the Internet, it is a pretty easy solve if googling "crytpogram solver" and using one of the many to find out that it translates to:

THE CLUE IS RIGHT UNDER YOUR FINGERTIPS. JUST SHIFT LEFT ONCE.

Now, you could either have taken the letters that the cryptogram used to translate to the letters in the names to figure it out (Y = T, J = H, etc.) ... or just looked at the clue... which gives you the hint of "right under your fingertips, shifting left" and realized that every letter in the code-names was just one letter shift to the right on your keyboard.

Doing so would have given you 6 hitters and 1 pitcher (which is the tribe captain) from each of the 4 remaing MLB Playoff teams, the San Fransisco Giants, St Louis Cardinals, Detroit Tigers, and NY Yankees... Which results in the 4 Tribes - the *** Snag Infractions, the Drastic Allusions, the Tired Ogre ****, and the Sneaky Yen.

Tribes are updated on page 1.... Take the time to introduce yourself and get to know your tribe tonight and tomorrow. The first challenge will be Friday, which I will post tomorrow night or early Thursday morning.

*** SNAG INFRACTIONS   DRASTIC ALLUSIONS
LINCECUM   -----    AOMVRVIZ   -----    redraider68 (captain)                    LOHSE   -----    APJDR   -----    kevintam90(captain)
PAGAN   -----    QSHSM   -----    stevedotdec                    HOLLIDAY   -----    JPAAOFSU   -----    jhard70
SANDOVAL   -----    DSMFPBSA   -----    bhazlewood                    CRAIG   -----    VTSOH   -----    trevnasty
POSEY   -----    QPDRU   -----    golfpro71                    MOLINA   -----    ZPAOMS   -----    horvie78
PENCE   -----    QRMVR   -----    csudak                    FREESE   -----    GTRRDR   -----    iamthetwo__2
BLANCO   -----    NASMVP   -----    pssap                    DESCALSO   -----    FRDVSADP   -----    ghutton9
CRAWFORD   -----    VTSEGPTF   -----    coach_deen                    KOZMA   -----    LPXZS   -----    mr_mojo

TIRED OGRE ****                    SNEAKY YEN
SCHERZER   -----    DVJRTXRT   -----    dublinuf(captain)                    SABATHIA   -----    DSNSYJOS   -----    dustin_lema(captain)
JACKSON   -----    KSVLDPM   -----    stalagna                    SUZUKI   -----    DIXILO   -----    caesari
CABRERA   -----    VSNTRTS   -----    ffbplayergod                    TEIXERA   -----    YROCRTS   -----    sjurat
FIELDER   -----    GORAFRT   -----    dawgnuts                    IBANEZ   -----    ONSMRX   -----    arfy
YOUNG   -----    UPIMH   -----    rorisiojr                    MARTIN   -----    ZSTYOM   -----    mb625
PERALTA   -----    QRTSAYS   -----    bhouska                    SWISHER   -----    DEODJRT   -----    tsut30
INFANTE   -----    OMGSMYR   -----    nyaggie98                    CHAVEZ   -----    VJSBRX   -----    katzphang88
10/17/2012 9:29 AM (edited)
Also the idols have not yet been hidden... But will be soon with some details on how they work this this game, but feel free to keep guessing... It makes me laugh anyways.

And feel free at any time to use me as a soundboard if you need to vent or just someone to talk to about the game, the people in it, your opinions on the challenges, etc... I won't reply ever but i'm a good listener... I don't need every sitemail but its always good to hear opinions from inside the game ... Later on I will trade idol clues for updates but it gets lonely sometimes as host so I appreciate all the random hellos and dealings.
10/16/2012 11:48 PM (edited)
Damnt give me a few minutes to get back on the CPU to fix that post (tried editing from my phone)
10/16/2012 11:06 PM
I would get the ONLY Yankee I despise-

Anyone else notice DIXILO is IDOL XI scrambled?
10/16/2012 11:13 PM
Posted by polabonez on 10/16/2012 11:06:00 PM (view original):
Damnt give me a few minutes to get back on the CPU to fix that post (tried editing from my phone)
You mean that wasn't an Idol clue??
10/16/2012 11:15 PM
Posted by caesari on 10/16/2012 11:13:00 PM (view original):

It is also IDOL IX
10/17/2012 6:59 AM
I don't know if it makes any difference---yet---but Kevintam90 is not Descalso--as shown--but should be Lohse as decoded--

Thanks for fixing that. 
10/17/2012 10:46 AM (edited)
Posted by dublinuf on 10/17/2012 6:59:00 AM (view original):

It is also IDOL IX
Oh snap!
10/17/2012 9:18 AM
Posted by mr_mojo on 10/17/2012 9:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 10/17/2012 6:59:00 AM (view original):

It is also IDOL IX
Oh snap!

DYXJ TIY

10/17/2012 1:43 PM
Actually I think you meant GIVL UPI 

Just sayin'.
10/17/2012 2:11 PM

Potty mouth!!!

10/17/2012 2:21 PM
I'm glad I have my profanity blocker on. 
10/17/2012 4:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.