GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Thank you to everybody who voted for me.  I figured I got some of your votes by default.  After reading Ghutton's speech, I didn't think I had a chance.  I had no idea about half of his strategizing and interaction with other players.  He really controlled the second-half of this game.  I thought he would get most of the votes out of respect of the game he played, even if he screwed some people over. 
1/2/2013 12:53 PM
Pola has given me the go-ahead to host the next season of Survivor, although he has not confirmed if he will be playing...

Preview: Gridiron Dynasty Survivor XII: Redemption Island (starting in early March)

In Survivor XII – Redemption Island, be careful who you vote for! Several players will earn the opportunity to re-enter the game, which could be dangerous if you had a hand in voting them out! And of course to survive, you must make predictions on a wide range of sports including: NCAA Tournament, NBA, NHL (hopefully), MLB, Masters, Kentucky Derby, World Baseball Classic, and others.

New For This Season:

*Redemption Island Theme: When a player is voted out, they will go to Redemption Island. At each merge (and once during the final tribe), there will be a Redemption Island challenge involving all of the players who were recently voted out. The ONE player who wins that challenge will return to the main island. All of the other Redemption Island inhabitants will be eliminated for good. Players cannot pass immunity idols while they on Redemption Island!

*Some of the early tribe challenges will have an individual aspect, where each member must submit a pick or a set of picks. They can discuss the picks with their tribe, but are not required to.

The plan will be to start sign-ups in early March and begin around the start of the NCAA tournament. If you are interested in playing and would like a reminder when sign-ups begin, either post in the thread or send me a sitemail.

Ghutton, you are more than welcome to help me host if you'd like.
  I put together a rough outline, which I can email you if you would like to co-host. 
Dubs & Pola: if you have any advice for a first time host, please shoot me a sitemail.
1/2/2013 12:58 PM
I'd love to help. Especially now that you'll be running it.
1/2/2013 12:59 PM
Btw, my speech was done to see how people would vote if it was themselves in the finals. I put it all out there and made it to the finals just like everyone else would have. Honestly, trev was the only person in the entire game that didn't try to screw someone else over and was fair to his word. I just added the heel turn to make it more interesting. Even horvie wanted to win and was ready to do what he could to get there. He actually inspired my deal with Casey and eventually changed his mind but it was too late at that point. Id already made the deal that would get him to the final 3 and he capitalized by winning the last challenge.

horvie78
To:
ghutton9
Received:
12/16/2012 9:25:00 PM
Subject:
just to you:
"I really don't want to have to vote for any of us but at the same time I'd like to win."

I'm feeling the same way. We've been playing this game for over 2 months and it would suck to take 4th place by basically choosing straws. The firebuilding challenge would only be between 2 people (because 2 others would have received votes)...so how would we choose who gets the votes and remains safe because of a tie, and who competes in the firebuilding challenge? It would probably be chaotic and I can't think of any fair way to do it.

If we can't figure out some sort of way to fairly settle the final 4, would you be open to using csudak to get to the final 3? I haven't thought it through any further than that because I've never planned to turn on the core 4. But what you said rang a bell in my head...we've spent a lot of time playing this game...and like you, I'd like to play to win.

-----Original Message-----
To: horvie78
Sent: 12/16/2012 2:35:00 PM
Subject: Trev, horvie, jhard

Yeah but I wouldn't worry about it. Like you said, we've controlled this game. It's been fun but what do we do at the final 4? It's obvious now that we need a plan. Should we all just ask for a fire building challenge to eliminate 2 of us? I really don't want to have to vote for any of us but at the same time I'd like to win. There is no fair way to decide who goes.
1/2/2013 1:05 PM
Hahaha...I did hint at that in my speech:

"2.  I did not make any strong enemies in this game (at least I don't think I did!), which kept me from being a voting target...and will help me gain jury votes (hint-hint)???  When strategizing, I tried to be as honest and straight-forward as possible.  If I knew that something was going to happen, I would confirm it.  If I didn't knew or didn't think it would happen, I would say that it "was a possibility" instead of lying and saying it would happen.  I stayed loyal to my alliances.  I do admit that there were thoughts of betraying them after what happened in the final 9 vote (which is explained in Ghutton's speech) and for the reason that only two of us could be in the finals, but I never acted on those thoughts.  I believe that I also stayed on people's "good side" by being a dedicated team-player during the tribe challenges.  I always contributed my picks and usually did extra research on the teams and players involved."

1/2/2013 1:17 PM
He's correct. He sent me another sitemail saying he was only thinking out loud and didn't want to go through with it. We would've been screwed though to lose a person at the final 8 so I went with it.
1/2/2013 1:22 PM
Btw, I also told people when their turn was up. I don't recall ever telling anyone that they were safe and then they were voted out. With bob, I told him exactly how the vote was playing out. I told dubs every time he was being a target. I told arfy, but he had other things going on and didn't have time to mess with it. I thought I was straight up with anyone that asked or came to me. I also never voted for anyone that helped me or was honest with me.
1/2/2013 1:26 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 1/2/2013 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Btw, I also told people when their turn was up. I don't recall ever telling anyone that they were safe and then they were voted out. With bob, I told him exactly how the vote was playing out. I told dubs every time he was being a target. I told arfy, but he had other things going on and didn't have time to mess with it. I thought I was straight up with anyone that asked or came to me. I also never voted for anyone that helped me or was honest with me.
Except stalagna, which for the record is the vote where I decided that I ultimately couldn't trust you guys.
1/2/2013 1:32 PM
Horvie and ghutton I sent you a sitemail on hosting, and anything you need next season, I would be happy to help with as an assistant to your first time. I will not be playing again for a while and would love to get the next section of coaches off to the right start. And since we have some time off, I may run a straight up challenge game between now and the next Survivor.
1/2/2013 1:35 PM
Posted by ghutton9 on 1/2/2013 1:22:00 PM (view original):
He's correct. He sent me another sitemail saying he was only thinking out loud and didn't want to go through with it. We would've been screwed though to lose a person at the final 8 so I went with it.
I told Csudak he was guaranteed final 5 (which I never had plans of breaking) with a possibility of being a swing vote to the final 3. 

To: horvie78
Sent: 12/13/2012 10:30:00 PM
Subject: RE: revote

I'm fine with the final 5, then letting it play out and letting the challenges do the talking.

To: csudak
Sent: 12/13/2012 8:09:00 PM
Subject: RE: revote

Trevnasty and Ghutton both want you as an alliance member. Ghutton said he already spoke with you about it. Jhard sent me a quick sitemail this morning and said he can't check in again until 10pm MTN...he's been having some sort of crisis at work...i still need to catch him up on what went down the last 2 days and then I'm pretty sure he will also be in. Together we will be guaranteed final 5. Trev and Ghutton would both like Dubs voted out next, as long as he doesn't win immunity. Who do you want?

To be completely honest, I can't guarantee final 3 at this point. I haven't given much deep thought about who is on the jury and what the pecking order is from our original 4 person group. Right now, I feel pretty low about my pecking order after the last vote...ghutton and trev both knew I needed them to vote Arfy, and then told me it was a mistake to vote Arfy and that they were voting Dubs. It would have cost me if you or tsut voted for me instead of Arfy. So I am thinking about making some sort of play, but am not sure yet.

1/2/2013 1:39 PM
Good game, fellas.

I'm glad that I was acknowledged as an honest cat. It only got me 5th, but enjoyed playing that way.

Congrats Horvie.

1/2/2013 2:42 PM
Really?  Not a single comment about the alliance that no one had a clue about?
1/2/2013 3:12 PM
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 3:12:00 PM (view original):
I was completely shocked to hear that ghutton & jhard were aligned with you the whole game!!!!!
1/2/2013 3:16 PM
I'm surprised you didn't catch on earlier. I mentioned talking with arfy a few times. I even tried to tell you not to believe the others about arfy running the whole thing. He really wasn't the bad guy he was made out to be. He actually convinced me to join the 4 person alliance. I assumed you guys were aligned some way until after the first merge when I learned you weren't.
1/2/2013 3:20 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 1/2/2013 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 1/2/2013 3:12:00 PM (view original):
I was completely shocked to hear that ghutton & jhard were aligned with you the whole game!!!!!
I was amused when I contacted you earlier in the game when I tried to get you to protect Dustin and asked if there was anyone I could protect for you and you said jhard. 
1/2/2013 3:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...91|92|93|94|95...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.