Ill finally bite. Here are your Five Questins.
1) HBD is dying. Many people who leave the game leave because it takes too much time. There would be a benefit in changing FA bidding so it remains strategic, fun, AND takes less time. More people would stick with the game if it took less time to play. -- Agree or Disagree?
Disagree. I do not believe that many people leave because of the time.There are many many reason why people leave and yes the time might be one of the reason but not the main reason or primary reason. FA really doesn't take that much time. Owner can be just fine checking in twice a day for five minutes and adjust the bids as needed.
(2) The current system rewards the ability to check in every 4 hours, 365 days a year, over all else by a LOT. Not everyone can do that. For every person who can do that, and would like to play HBD, there are probably 10-100 that can't invest the time to compete 24/7/365. There is of course a strategy to the current system. But there are other systems that also have strategies, that reward smart play, AND that would take a whole lot less time than the current system. -- Agree or Disagree?
Disagree. The Contract offers are blind so you don't know(For sure) what the bids are. I could be off by millions or ten buck. I dont know(maybe) for sure. I have to guess and make adjustment to my offer. During FA I Check in during the same cycles as I do during the season. I pop in through out the day Monday through Friday and I don't do Much over the weekends. I do Just fine in FA and have never felt cheated because of how much or little I have checked in.
(3) Real time is the way the internet works. Batching up instructions and getting feedback hours later (that you have to go get -- it's not even sent to you) is a model that exists, rounding off, nowhere else on the internet. Many people won't or can't interact with a game that way. But none of that matters. There is no way HBD FA bidding could ever have real time feedback with more complete information. Sure, it works on every other website, but it's just not possible in HBD. -- Agree or Disagree?
What? I agree that the internet works in real time just like my watch. I disagree that real time would work in HBD FA. How is your real time bidding any different the the current mode? I start my day set my prices and leave when I have the number one bid. Ten Hours later I come back and see that I am either still number one or need to adjust my bid. Yes, now you're not sure if you have the top offer but it is about the same.
(4) The HBD FA bidding system exists, rounding off, nowhere else, online or offline. Make a blind bid. Never know the current top bid, so you're always bidding blind. Go out of your way a few hours later to find out what little info you can get. Repeat. Arbitrarily, at some point, a winner is declared. No fixed set of rules. As this model is unique, it stands to reason that is it either brilliant and a whole new way to hold an effective & efficient auction, or crap idea that successful businesses of all types have stayed away from . Closer to what end of the scale do you think it sits?
Well thanks to you, we know now the HBD FA in indeed not an auction. I bet is you look into MLB FA you might find a closer match.
(5) Years of proof that GMs will, in the current system, bid what many experienced GMs would agree is way too much for a player. That player, or a comparable player could have been had for less. The HBD-proven result of this is GMs quit their team or HBD. Leaving harder to fill teams behind. You're saying you think this is ether good for HBD, or it's the only way it could ever work. Like gravity, it's just part of the way it is & we have to live with it. Change is not good idea or possible. -- Agree or Disagree
Changes and improvments should alway looked at and given reasonable thought. Yes it sucks getting stuck with a bad contract but it happens.
I know I am a sucker and should have just left it alone