Obama loses again. Topic

You clearly have a low bar for public officials.  YGWYD

5/16/2013 8:29 PM
Low expectations.   The New American Way.
5/16/2013 10:53 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 5/16/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):

I'm just not naive.
5/17/2013 12:32 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/17/2013 12:32:00 AM (view original):

I'm just not naive.
No, you're not. 

Naive implies a certain innocence...  like one doesn't really know.

You consciously choose to overlook dishonesty and incompetence rather than expecting more from elected officials.

You're a ******* idiot.
5/17/2013 1:03 AM
The primaries need to go to a "gong show" type atmosphere, where we can gong the whole panel of 'tards they paraded out to win the Republican nomination.

Then they can give us a new field to choose from. 

When I first moved to Alabama some 20 years ago, the first Gubernatorial race I got to vote in, was between one guy who was under indictment and another guy who was voted "the worst governor in Alabama history" during his previous term. 

I remember thinking "Seriously? That's our two choices? Out of the millions of people in the state?"

Seems that sad state of affairs has made its way to the big time and we are often stuck choosing the lesser of two evils, which is really amazing, considering all of the great minds and successful people we have in this country. 

Bottom line is apathy has become dominant among our citizens, and people expect politicians to be sorry, classless, deceitful people.
5/17/2013 1:41 AM
"Everybody does it."

If mom's "If everybody jumped off a bridge, would you do it?" ever applied to anything, it's this.

Shouldn't we expect more from elected officials than "Everybody does it"?
5/17/2013 6:59 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/16/2013 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mchalesarmy on 5/15/2013 9:17:00 AM (view original):
And for all the apologists and funny guys out there:

The difference, at this point (and at that one) that it makes is, there never was a protest. 
So how does this non-event become the story of record that the WH went with a full five days later?

In November Carney claimed (in reference to the numerous changes and revisions made to the "official report" they were going to release)  they made a "single change", "changing the word Consulate to Diplomatic Facility"

This is known to be false, and that they removed any reference to previous warnings about security threats and the fact that they were pretty certain Ansar al-Sharia was responsible. Yet as recently as Friday, Carney doubled down on it, calling it one "stylistic change", which again is already known to be false.

In fact, Victoria Nuland specifically said (concerning the al-Qaeda references) "could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either?"

In light of the latest two scandals, it appears to show a pattern of dishonesty and at the very least ineptness of the CIC to have any idea what is going on.
Here's my point--the lie was inconsequential. They weren't covering up that the attack could have been prevented or covering up the deaths or some sort of CIA operation. They lied for purely political gain, which isn't good but considering the fact that every administration for 200 years has lied for political gain, it isn't a scandal.

Now the AP thing? That's a scandal.
I thought the administration of "HOPE!" and "CHANGE!" and "transparency" was supposed to be above all of this?
5/17/2013 7:42 AM
Campaign slogans.
5/17/2013 9:57 AM
Posted by toddcommish on 5/17/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/17/2013 12:32:00 AM (view original):

I'm just not naive.
No, you're not. 

Naive implies a certain innocence...  like one doesn't really know.

You consciously choose to overlook dishonesty and incompetence rather than expecting more from elected officials.

You're a ******* idiot.
I'm not overlooking it, lies aren't good. But it isn't a scandal worthy of seventeen congressional hearings. At this point, Issa is grandstanding.
5/17/2013 10:01 AM
Everybody does that so I assume it doesn't bother you.
5/17/2013 10:05 AM
It doesn't.
5/17/2013 10:13 AM
Maybe, if you expected more, you'd get more.

If your kid brings home a C+ and says "Hey, it's a passing grade.   I'll move up a class next year.   Everyone won't", will you say "Good enough"?
5/17/2013 10:23 AM
I'd expect my son to do well. But if he always got Cs and every kid at his school got Cs, I wouldn't make a big deal out if it when he brought home another C. Even if before, when he was asking for a new toy, he promised to get an A.
5/17/2013 11:46 AM
Good to know you'd accept mediocrity in your child. 
5/17/2013 11:47 AM

"But, daaaaaad, everybody makes Cs!!!"
"Oh, OK.  Good job, son."
"And everybody shoots herion."
"Well, if everybody is doing it......do you need some supplies?"

5/17/2013 11:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Obama loses again. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.