Beernoser's Daily Auction Forum Topic

midnight cst is the daily deadline.
10/25/2012 12:36 AM
Thursday, Oct 25

Yasmani Grandal (C)         Know (52)
Ryan Hanigan (C)               Ox (44)
Prince Fielder (1B)              Know (133)
Freddie Freeman (1B)        diggin (76)
Alexei Casilla (2B)                Know (24)
Ronny Cedeno (2B)             Know (17)
Jason Donald (3B)              Know (5)
Brian Dozier (SS)                Rejay (19)
Chris Coghlan (OF)            jonas (2)
Tyler Colvin (OF)                  Ben (58)
Jose Constanza (OF)         Rejay (5)
Scott Cousins (OF)             no bids
Collin Cowgill (OF)             spid (18)
Scott Diamond (SP)           genius (71)
RA Dickey (SP)                     spid (125)
Felix Doubront (SP)              Know (36)
Kyle Drabek (SP)                 werewulf (23)
Danny Duffy (SP)                 jonas (15)
Nathan Eovaldi (SP)           journey (25)
Xavier Cedeno (RP)            Know (7)
Aroldis Chapman (RP)         journey (99)
Randy Choate (RP)              tied at 19
Steve Cishek (RP)                jon (23)         
Tyler Clippard (RP)              RLS (56)
Phil Coke (RP)                     parking (19)

Chase Field (AZ)                 DD (1)
Cellular Field (CWS)
Great Amerian Ballpark (Cin)    Jon (2)
Coors Field (Col)
Minute Maid Park (Hou)
10/26/2012 1:08 AM (edited)
awesome - I have a stadium, but zero players.  I am approx O for 4O on my player bids.
10/25/2012 12:22 PM
ditto
10/25/2012 12:34 PM
double ditto and no stadium to boot.
10/25/2012 1:32 PM
* Question about trades- maybe I missed it in the rules, ADD, my apologies in advance...
Can we make trades?  Either now or in season.  If so I'd like to move either of these 2 pitchers to free up some cash:

Johnny Cueto- $183
Yu Darvish- $163

if trades are allowed, I'd like to sell the rights to either of these pitchers to free up some cash any time...
10/25/2012 2:25 PM
We can make trades at any time, but each team will still have to be under the $1000 limit.
10/25/2012 3:04 PM
You can be over in season, from the way I read the rules.
10/25/2012 3:05 PM
for discussion:  if the Giants do go on to win the World Series, do they instantly become the worst outfield trio ever to win it?   I can't think of a worse WS winning outfield than Blanco, Pagan & Pence.  I'm not a hater - I don't mind the Giants...  but that is a bad group of starting OF's.  I couldn't come up with a worse World Series winning OF in the recent past.
10/25/2012 11:16 PM
I will be driving to Dallas on Friday and staying overnight. I will have a laptop, but wifi is uncertain.  At the worst, I will be back in town by Saturday afternoon. Bottom line -- if I haven't posted Friday's results soon after midnight, don't stay up waiting. It may be the afternoon.

Friday, Oct 26

Brett Hayes (c)                         Beer (1)                   
Ramon Hernandez (c)            Bruce (27)
Mat Gamel (1B)                        RLS (14)
Daniel Descalso (2B)             fillies (22)
Josh Donaldson (3B)                 fillies (24)
Eduardo Escobar (3B)          tie at 3
Stephen Drew (SS)                fillies (39)
Jake Elmore (SS)                        Bruce (12)
Carl Crawford (OF)                     RLS (46)
Coco Crisp (OF)                         spid (48)
Nelson Cruz (OF)                        Toddle (53)
Michael Cuddyar (OF)                 oli (32)
Aaron Cunningham (OF)           Ox (1)
Marco Estrada (SP)                     spid (44)
Scott Feldman (SP)                      spid (18)
Neftali Feliz (SP)                           spid (38)
Mike Fiers (SP)                             Lou (44)
Stephen Fife (SP)                         fillies (16)
Doug Fister (RP)                           fillies (83)
Louis Coleman (RP)                     jonas (16)
Tim Collins (RP)                          spid (27)
Josh Collmenter (RP)                  genius (36)
Ryan Cook (RP)                              RLS (51)
Fransisco Cordero (RP)               werewulf (4)
Manuel Corpas (RP)                    werewulf (4)

Yankee Stadium
The Coliseum (Oak)
Tropicana Park (TB)
Rogers Center (Tor)
Nationals Park

10/27/2012 3:03 AM (edited)
I won a bid albeit a stadium! Nbo longer an auction virgin! Way to go me! Woohoo!
10/26/2012 5:31 AM
i have a question on the trades talk that is floating around.  since those guys sold at auction, whatever team buys them should have to pay the auction price to have them rostered this season correct?  say a player sells for $100, but is sold/traded for $50.  what is is salary for his new team?  is it the $100 that the player sold for at auction or is it the $50 that he paid for him in the trade with the original team kicking in $50?  Then what happens when it is time to renew that player?

are we allowed to include cash to help pay the salary in the future?  So say i am $100 under the cap and i want a young player that you have.  you are only $50 under the cap and want the $65 player that i have.  Can i include $15 in the trade to artifically bump your cap and lower mine for that season?
10/26/2012 6:48 AM
Posted by parking31 on 10/25/2012 11:17:00 PM (view original):
for discussion:  if the Giants do go on to win the World Series, do they instantly become the worst outfield trio ever to win it?   I can't think of a worse WS winning outfield than Blanco, Pagan & Pence.  I'm not a hater - I don't mind the Giants...  but that is a bad group of starting OF's.  I couldn't come up with a worse World Series winning OF in the recent past.
Blanco is clearly below average with the bat, but has flashed the glove already in the series. Pence is a capable hitter for sure. Pagan honestly looks like a nice player to me. It's true that they aren't stars, but I don't think they're bad. Then when you have the best catcher in baseball, a power hitting 3b, and a grinder like scutaro you end up with a decent line up.
10/26/2012 7:44 AM
His auction price remains his salary whether traded or not.
10/26/2012 10:19 AM
Say I have a high salaried player and want to move him, lets use Cabrera at 250 for example. Could I trade him to someone who is 200 under the cap and pay the remaining 50 myself for one year?

His salary remains the same but I would be paying just to get rid of him, and would free up 200 for me. This could essentially be negotiated for the original owner to pay part of his salary for more than one year depending on the negotiations. Is this allowed?
10/26/2012 10:37 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
Beernoser's Daily Auction Forum Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.