Debate 3 = Foreign Policy Topic

What makes you say that? Upgrades to units/systems are always included in the budget. The budget is projected out to 2017. I've read the 2012 report on Defense Budget and Priorities. Have you?
10/23/2012 10:35 PM
Hold your horses guys. Mike runs a small trucking company. He knows everything there is to know about defense budgeting.
10/23/2012 10:44 PM
I'll tell you what Mike, explain it to us. Explain to me why you think new ships/planes aren't included in the defense budget.

We're going to a new era in defense. ISR is the name of the game. Will unmanned "ships"be included in the number of total ships?
10/23/2012 10:53 PM
First post debate 3 poll from Rasmussen. Ohio - Obama 48, Romney 48. Romney closed the 1 point gap from last week. If this momentum is representative of the rest of the polls after the 3rd debate Romney will be the next president.

I think we see Florida, Virginia , and North Carolina lean Romney this week. Maybe even colorado. Jmo.
10/24/2012 8:49 AM (edited)
10/24/2012 8:44 AM
Posted by The Taint on 10/23/2012 10:35:00 PM (view original):
What makes you say that? Upgrades to units/systems are always included in the budget. The budget is projected out to 2017. I've read the 2012 report on Defense Budget and Priorities. Have you?
If you've read the 2012 Defense Budget and Priorities report, perhaps you can tell us when these ships, and what types they are, will be built.     Inform us.
10/24/2012 8:58 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/23/2012 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Hold your horses guys. Mike runs a small trucking company. He knows everything there is to know about defense budgeting.
Not necessarily true.  But I know enough about government budgeting to form an opinion.
10/24/2012 8:59 AM
They will be unmanned "ship drones" and and floating forward stage bases. Money ill be going into improving radar systems, improving the current Virginia class subs, and coming up with a new quick strike delivery system from current subs along with the implementation of new electronic warfare systems aboard existing ships.

10/24/2012 10:25 AM
As for when, they are all being worked on as we speak.
10/24/2012 10:25 AM
Being built right now?   As in "in progress"?

But I won't beat around the bush because you can say "yes" and I'll have to look it up, if it's even something I can find, and we'll still be at the point in time I'm about to state.

Would you agree that "projected budgets" are not set in stone?   If so, would you agree that anything not "in progress" could be scrapped?   And, if so, would you agree that budgets cuts could completely remove them from the ledger?    That's my point about government budgeting.  It's fluid.  If it wasn't, we wouldn't be where we are right now. 
10/24/2012 10:35 AM
The worst part of government budgeting is that the people doing the budgeting shoot their wads at the end of fiscal years because they are afraid to not use their budget because they may get less money next year. There is no incentive for coming under budget.
10/24/2012 10:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Being built right now?   As in "in progress"?

But I won't beat around the bush because you can say "yes" and I'll have to look it up, if it's even something I can find, and we'll still be at the point in time I'm about to state.

Would you agree that "projected budgets" are not set in stone?   If so, would you agree that anything not "in progress" could be scrapped?   And, if so, would you agree that budgets cuts could completely remove them from the ledger?    That's my point about government budgeting.  It's fluid.  If it wasn't, we wouldn't be where we are right now. 
Definitely agree. Defense programs in particular.
10/24/2012 10:39 AM
Well, in that case, I guess won't don't disagree all that much despite your seemingly concrete statement about required ships already being in the budget(which they probably are but can be removed with relative ease). 
10/24/2012 10:50 AM
Going further...stuff that is in progress is often scrapped.
10/24/2012 10:50 AM

Yeah, I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to have to prove it but I know it to be true.  I know people who work with the gov't and they've told me how months of work can be shitcanned when the gov't decides to "go in another direction."     Wasteful spending. 

10/24/2012 10:56 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Debate 3 = Foreign Policy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.