GIANTS WILL VINDICATE BUD!!! CARDS MUST WIN!!! Topic

I'm not surprised by Sunday ratings. But I'd be surprised if MNF was tops every Monday. I could be wrong though.
10/22/2012 10:09 PM
I think you are.    This is in part because football draws the money demographic: males 18-45(or whatever it is).    So networks are reluctant to put their "top" shows up against it.   You have dance and singing shows against it.   And women-oriented/led shows. 
10/23/2012 8:59 AM
Preliminary ratings are in, but no cable ratings yet (so nothing for MNF).  A weird night with the debate on all 3 major networks.

The Voice (8-9) 4.2
Debate NBC (9pm) 3.9
Debate ABC (9pm) 2.8
Dancing w/Stars (8-9) 2.4
MLB Baseball (8pm) 2.3
Debate CBS (9pm) 2.2
Big Bang Theory (8-8:30) 2.1
2 Broke Girls (8:30-9) 2.1

So game 7 NLCS beat 2 Broke Girls, anyway.  But the girls didn't have to go against the debate at any point, so it's not really an even battle anyway.

We'll have to see how MNF did, but 2 Broke Girls dropped a lot from last week, and baseball was significantly higher (makes sense, game 7).  The Voice was down and Dancing with the Stars was slightly up.

10/23/2012 12:15 PM (edited)

I think the fact that the CBS comedies were re-runs that were out of their normal timeslot (and night, in the case of BBT) probably offsets the fact that they didn't go up against the debate.

10/23/2012 12:17 PM
It's worth mentioning that the game 7 was 7-0 in the third inning, obviously seriously impacting ratings.  It actually got adjusted up 0.1 in the final ratings, so it tied Dancing with the Stars at 2.4.  (The Voice also gained 0.1 to finish at 4.3).

The cable ratings for Monday were:

MNF (8:30pm) 4.5
Debate FoxNews (9pm) 2.3
Debate MSNBC (9pm) 1.9

So Monday Night Football slightly wins the night vs. The Voice, 4.5 - 4.3.  But that's because the debate was on 5 channels.  If you add that together, the debate did a 13.1.  Which makes sense, a lot of people watched it!

10/24/2012 12:30 PM
◂ Prev 12
GIANTS WILL VINDICATE BUD!!! CARDS MUST WIN!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.