Let's face it... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The Obama Plan has worked.  If you lower expectations on Americans, they'll achieve it and feel good about themselves.  Now it's transferred over to our government.  "Well, he hasn't really done a horrible job, let's give him 4 more years!!!"
10/24/2012 3:12 PM
I guess the only way to get people to discuss anything on an intelligent level is to just redline 80% of the comments.  Starting with anything from cresty or swamphawk...
10/24/2012 3:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
HE HATES INJUNS!!!!!
10/24/2012 4:10 PM
Well, this has quickly become pointless. Mike and Tec, you guys are obviously not going to vote for Obama. And I'm obviously not going to vote for Romney.

Getting back to the first post of the thread, Romney is an exceptionally weak nominee. He had a hard time beating Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum for the nomination (I'd be willing to bet that many of the people arguing for Romney here would have preferred Gingrich/Santorum/Bachmann/Cain instead of Romney) and is only hanging on in this race because the economy didn't recover very fast.
10/24/2012 4:13 PM

All political discussions are pointless.   Undecided people don't argue in favor of or against a candidate.  

Nonetheless, "I wasn't horrible" isn't an election year button that his supporters will wear.   And that's been the argument for giving him four more years.

10/24/2012 4:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 4:24:00 PM (view original):

All political discussions are pointless.   Undecided people don't argue in favor of or against a candidate.  

Nonetheless, "I wasn't horrible" isn't an election year button that his supporters will wear.   And that's been the argument for giving him four more years.

That's not why I'm voting for him.
10/24/2012 4:28 PM
That's been your reasoning.  Which is fine.  To each his own.
10/24/2012 4:36 PM
I'm still undecided.  When Romney won the nomination my immediate reaction was that I was going to vote for Obama.  But now that Romney's been so adamant that he'll repeal Obamacare, I'm back on the fence.
10/24/2012 4:47 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/24/2012 3:54:00 PM (view original):
I guess the only way to get people to discuss anything on an intelligent level is to just redline 80% of the comments.  Starting with anything from cresty or swamphawk...
So can you define what Cresty and I...not really the same people in political forums....have done to make you want to limit political speech by banning us?

10/24/2012 4:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 4:36:00 PM (view original):
No, my reason for voting for Obama is that his policy preferences are closer to mine than Romney's. The only reason that we are talking about the economy is that some people insist that we aren't in better shape today than we were four years ago. Which is not true.
10/24/2012 5:08 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/24/2012 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/24/2012 4:36:00 PM (view original):
No, my reason for voting for Obama is that his policy preferences are closer to mine than Romney's. The only reason that we are talking about the economy is that some people insist that we aren't in better shape today than we were four years ago. Which is not true.
What people have said is America isnt better off than we were 4 years ago.

Obama took over at the bottom of a crash.

The natural physics of the economy would lead logical people to believe things would get better.

Obama's reckless agedna driven polcies have made that recovery stagnate and his wild debt has caused capital needed for growth to dry up.

That is why Obama needs to be replaced with someone with experience and training in economic issues.
10/24/2012 5:25 PM
I get a kick out of the fact that MikeT, tec, and swamp are all on the same page.
10/24/2012 5:29 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/24/2012 4:13:00 PM (view original):
Well, this has quickly become pointless. Mike and Tec, you guys are obviously not going to vote for Obama. And I'm obviously not going to vote for Romney.

Getting back to the first post of the thread, Romney is an exceptionally weak nominee. He had a hard time beating Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum for the nomination (I'd be willing to bet that many of the people arguing for Romney here would have preferred Gingrich/Santorum/Bachmann/Cain instead of Romney) and is only hanging on in this race because the economy didn't recover very fast.
I'm actually a huge Romney fan since he came on the scene in 2008. Love the fact he is a businessman first, politician second. His track record of turning around struggling ventures is pretty damn good.... The Olympics, Bain, Massachusetts, etc.
10/24/2012 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Let's face it... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.