HBD Marketing Poll Topic

Id make a bigger deal out of the prizes and credits.  I think it should be a little more out in the open, instead of having to click through the tour or rule pages.  If this is someones first time at the page they may not see it. 
10/26/2012 9:05 AM
Both of these ads miss the boat. Too much space given to the "Feed the Addiction" line. You should really work on crafting a sentence that explains what the game is... 
10/26/2012 10:30 AM
There should be something noted about being able to be the GM and run a major league organization.. Key words should be used to help sell this game: Draft, FA, Trade, International Prospects, full control of organization..   This ad campaign seems targeted to WIS users, it needs to cast a larger net to drive people to the site/game.. What about something like a FOX promo saying "Tune in for World Series Game X in a couple days, but til then.. Need to Feed your Addiction to baseball?  Check out Whatifsports.com for a chance to run your own Major League Franchise with full control of the minors".
10/26/2012 11:20 AM
Fox having the broadcast rights to the World Series is an instant slamdunk to use as a vehicle to gain WIS users.. Dont let this opportunity slip!
10/26/2012 11:21 AM
HBD/WifS doesn't bring in NEARLY enough money to warrant WS broadcast exposure.   You really have to look at the dollars and cents aspect of it.
10/26/2012 12:33 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing that you don't have to get too high up in the Fox foodchain to find an exec who's going to say "WTF is WhatIfSports, and why are their people showing up on my org chart?"
10/26/2012 12:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2012 6:48:00 AM (view original):
Listen to tuft.   He sells a lot of Beanie Babies on eBay.   He's a marketing jenious!!
MIKE POST:
1) Make up something nobody said.
2) Argue against that made up point.
3) Mike makes Mike feel smart.

I deleted my post, Mike.  You woke me up. Why should I try to help WIS if I'm not getting paid for the effort. Like you said in another post, I'm a highschool kid living with my parents. What do I know about selling stuff? Especially compared to a truck driver like you?

10/26/2012 2:27 PM (edited)
MIKET IS A TROLL!
10/26/2012 3:53 PM
Posted by dockellis70 on 10/26/2012 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Voted Option #1.  I think the player on it should be Leo Egan from Dimaggio world.
I think Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jun Dong would be better.
10/26/2012 5:52 PM
Posted by tufft on 10/26/2012 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2012 6:48:00 AM (view original):
Listen to tuft.   He sells a lot of Beanie Babies on eBay.   He's a marketing jenious!!
MIKE POST:
1) Make up something nobody said.
2) Argue against that made up point.
3) Mike makes Mike feel smart.

I deleted my post, Mike.  You woke me up. Why should I try to help WIS if I'm not getting paid for the effort. Like you said in another post, I'm a highschool kid living with my parents. What do I know about selling stuff? Especially compared to a truck driver like you?

Well, if they create a Beanie Baby selling on eBay Dynasty game, I believe you're the go to guy.
10/26/2012 6:21 PM
start paying out cash prizes and the customers will roll in 
10/31/2012 7:19 PM

Did I miss the summary from WIS about the feedback provided?

10/31/2012 7:55 PM
#1 is better for what it's worth but I think if you are looking at banner ads you are flushing money down the toilet. I think the biggest need for HBD growth is honest to goodness Viral Marketing. You do have an affiliate program but even hard core HBD enthusiasts have little incentive to use it. This game needs to be pushed by users in a social networking or simple word of mouth platform.

For example... Instead of spending $10,000 on banner ads, make a temporary commitment to improve the compensation for your affiliates. Get rid of the $5 first month and go with the regular price. But offer 80% of that sale to the person who introduced the new player. So the affiliate gets about $20. But also give the affiliate something to look forward to. Give them 30-50% of that member's purchases for life. If I get one guy addicted and realize that every 3 months I'm going to make another $6 or $12 (or much more with multi-team junkies) then suddenly I have a reason to push a game I already love. I am an internet marketer by trade. I would love to be given a reason to go out and sell this game to 1000 people. My words, in a one on one setting or featured column, can do a lot more to sell this thing than any tiny banner lost in internet oblivion.

I'm not saying you can't run a few cheap banner ads here and there. But if you take $5000 and tell WIS affiliates that it's a bonus to the top seller for a 90 day span, or take $5000 and put it in banner ads... I would venture to guess that the bonus to the top affiliate(s) would gain you many more sales.

Discounting the game is a nice guesture, but I think that the real explosion will be found when nerds like me start being compensated fairly to recommend this game to their nerd friends. The current affiliate structure sucks.

Feel free to sitemail me if you want further input. As of last Friday I find myself downsized so I'd be up for a serious marketing venture right now. I am not the foremost expert but I know a few things.
10/31/2012 11:03 PM
New player = alias

Solve that problem first.
11/1/2012 8:29 AM
if there was a problem

YO

i'll solve it

check out the hook while my dj revolves it
11/1/2012 8:36 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
HBD Marketing Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.