Projection report question Topic

A-Goldey. B- Western Alabama C-Incarnate Wood D- Seattle

I'm not saying the projection report is wrong necessarily, just that I don't understand it
10/27/2012 9:45 AM
One thing you may want to look at CB is whether all your conference victories over the high (high being bad) RPI teams are being trumped by better wins from the other teams in their respective conferences.  For example, I have seen several times where my team would absolutely crush a bad team in conference play and my PR position will drop a spot or two despite my RPI staying in the same position (SOS obviously would have taken a bit of a hit).  It's because the teams around me were winning that night against better quality teams even if they weren't top 50 RPI-type teams.  Say they beat the #105 RPI team and I beat the # 205 RPI team, both with identical records.  I'm more than likely losing ground and rightfully so, I think.  Even though it wasn't a "quality" win for him in terms of Top 50, 100, or whatever RPI, it was a "better" win.  Does that make any sense at all?
10/28/2012 12:55 AM
Seattle lost so the current projection is;

4. Incarnate Word
6. Goldey
8. W. Alabama
14. Seattle
10/28/2012 6:00 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 10/28/2012 12:55:00 AM (view original):
One thing you may want to look at CB is whether all your conference victories over the high (high being bad) RPI teams are being trumped by better wins from the other teams in their respective conferences.  For example, I have seen several times where my team would absolutely crush a bad team in conference play and my PR position will drop a spot or two despite my RPI staying in the same position (SOS obviously would have taken a bit of a hit).  It's because the teams around me were winning that night against better quality teams even if they weren't top 50 RPI-type teams.  Say they beat the #105 RPI team and I beat the # 205 RPI team, both with identical records.  I'm more than likely losing ground and rightfully so, I think.  Even though it wasn't a "quality" win for him in terms of Top 50, 100, or whatever RPI, it was a "better" win.  Does that make any sense at all?
Yeah I hear you. The 250+ type teams kill me
10/28/2012 10:55 AM
◂ Prev 12
Projection report question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.