What really eats me up... Topic

Do you realize that to expound that characterization as a "fact" around Romney sounds as stupid as the whole "birther" movement against Obama?
11/7/2012 8:50 AM
I find it ironic that we can have people who claim they won't vote for Romney because he's not going to focus on the 47% of people who receive from the government and won't likely vote for him, take that to mean that somehow he doesn't care about them, but yet will turn around and vote FOR a leader who will ignore our overseas personnel's pleas for help from their commander in chief who then turns around and obfuscates the truth of what happened for political purposes.

A lot of people bought the shameless schill media's narrative on that issue.  How would a real leader care about that 47%?  By allowing businesses to create wealth and jobs.  Allowing those who are not working to replace an unemployment or welfare check with a paycheck.  That's how you "care".  To act like Romney doesn't care about that flies in the face of his record as a job creator.

[cue twighlight zone theme.....]

11/7/2012 11:33 AM
what is baffling to me is how every single poll shows that the biggest issue is the economy and people still voted for Obama. He gets such a high percentage of African American voters, that its almost impossible to overcome that. If Hilary runs in 2016, she'll probably win because women love her and she will have 8 years under her belt as something other than Bill's wife.
11/7/2012 11:51 AM
I think young people didn't vote for Romney because his message isn't in tune with their belief system.

I would bet most people under 30 care about the environment.  People who think "fracking" is a bad word aren't going to vote Republican real often.

Also, what was Romney's message?  To me it was:

1. Obama did a crappy job- It's not real hard to come up with a counter argument that he did all right

2.  I am gonna cut taxes for everyone-  This isn't AS BIG a deal to young people because they have less money and pay less taxes

3.  I am a successful businessman and can fix the economy-  I think most young Americans think (to some degree) guys like Romney ruined the economy in the first place,   I know I didn't have a lot of faith that reducing regulations would be the magic bullet
11/7/2012 12:10 PM
You're delusional.

Perhaps you're delusional.

"No I'm not, you are!"

We could do this merry-go-round all day, but the point is name calling doesn't demonstrate anything except you can act like a child.
I find it ironic that we can have people who claim they won't vote for Romney because he's not going to focus on the 47% of people who receive from the government and won't likely vote for him, take that to mean that somehow he doesn't care about them, but yet will turn around and vote FOR a leader who will ignore our overseas personnel's pleas for help from their commander in chief who then turns around and obfuscates the truth of what happened for political purposes.

I'd love to tell you I care about what happens with the troops overseas, but I'll be honest instead and tell you I don't care at all about it, so it's a moot point as far as I'm concerned. I also won't waste time arguing with you if you try to tell me why I should care, because nothing you say will convince me to care, so please save us both time and don't try to argue that with me.
what is baffling to me is how every single poll shows that the biggest issue is the economy and people still voted for Obama.

That shouldn't be baffling at all. Obama was elected because people believed he was better for the economy than his Republican rival (John McCain) and he was re-elected partly because they still think he's better than his Republican rival (Mitt Romney).

I don't believe anything Romney CLAIMED he would do would actually create jobs. He has a five point plan he never explained. Maybe if he had, he might have won the election.
I think most young Americans think (to some degree) guys like Romney ruined the economy in the first place,

Exactly.

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner (and it's not ole Mittens, thankfully).
11/7/2012 12:59 PM
"I'd love to tell you I care about what happens with the troops overseas, but I'll be honest instead and tell you I don't care at all about it, so it's a moot point as far as I'm concerned. I also won't waste time arguing with you if you try to tell me why I should care, because nothing you say will convince me to care, so please save us both time and don't try to argue that with me."

You're a ******* disgrace to this country.
11/7/2012 1:39 PM

Adopt my policy of giving him one sentence to express himself and you'll never get to most of his dumbassery.

11/7/2012 2:35 PM

Yes, because I don't care about the issues you care about, I must be a disgrace to the country.  I should believe exactly as you do or else I'm a complete disgrace. Anyone who dares to defy you by disagreeing with your personal world view is a disgrace. *rolls eyes*

Not everyone will agree with you, and they don't have to.
Adopt my policy of giving him one sentence to express himself and you'll never get to most of his dumbassery.

You have no right to tell me how to respond to anything, so I couldn't care less about your "policy".
11/7/2012 2:49 PM
Too long, dumbass.  One sentence is all you get. 
11/7/2012 2:54 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/7/2012 1:39:00 PM (view original):
"I'd love to tell you I care about what happens with the troops overseas, but I'll be honest instead and tell you I don't care at all about it, so it's a moot point as far as I'm concerned. I also won't waste time arguing with you if you try to tell me why I should care, because nothing you say will convince me to care, so please save us both time and don't try to argue that with me."

I think a lot of people are far too concerned for the military.  Most people.  We have an all-volunteer military at this point, and for decades people were joining it hoping to get paid, get an education on the government's dime, and jumpstart their lives in exchange for a few years of drilling.  Even moreso for the Reserve.  Then when these people actually get deployed they act as if an undue burden has been placed on their shoulders.  News flash - this is what a military exists for.  You joined with full knowledge that the military is designed for combat, often in foreign lands.  Too many people in the '90s just thought they'd never really have to get shot at.  Too bad for them, it's not meant to be a free ride.
11/7/2012 3:11 PM
dahs,

I agree with most of what you say here. Frankly, I don't worry about the military because I don't need the added stress.

MikeT23,

Thanks for making me laugh at the idea you are so arrogant you think you can tell someone how to respond to you.

11/7/2012 3:14 PM
Back to my original point: Romney might have won this election if he'd just played the hell out of this video on commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1kuTG19Cu_Q
11/7/2012 3:29 PM
Obama in 2008 - "If I don't cut the defecit in half I'll be a one-term president."  Oops.
11/7/2012 3:32 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/7/2012 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/7/2012 1:39:00 PM (view original):

I think a lot of people are far too concerned for the military.  Most people.  We have an all-volunteer military at this point, and for decades people were joining it hoping to get paid, get an education on the government's dime, and jumpstart their lives in exchange for a few years of drilling.  Even moreso for the Reserve.  Then when these people actually get deployed they act as if an undue burden has been placed on their shoulders.  News flash - this is what a military exists for.  You joined with full knowledge that the military is designed for combat, often in foreign lands.  Too many people in the '90s just thought they'd never really have to get shot at.  Too bad for them, it's not meant to be a free ride.

Uh, to be concerned about the lives of those who are fighting a fight you can't or won't isn't a bad thing.    I agree 100% that our military personnel signed on to do a job.   They know, or at least should, that they can be put in harm's way at a moment's notice.    No extra tears should be shed for a soldier who lost his/her life doing a job they signed up to do.  

HOWEVER, it's ******* ridiculous and disgraceful to say "I don't care about them."    That says a lot more about you than you probably need to tell.

11/7/2012 3:37 PM
Posted by bistiza on 11/7/2012 3:14:00 PM (view original):
dahs,

I agree with most of what you say here. Frankly, I don't worry about the military because I don't need the added stress.

MikeT23,

Thanks for making me laugh at the idea you are so arrogant you think you can tell someone how to respond to you.

Looks to me that you're learning to be brief.  Good job.
11/7/2012 3:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...34 Next ▸
What really eats me up... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.