ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

im a big fan of building around bird...i think he makes a great #1 scoring option....sure his efg% isnt as high as others but there may not be anyone better to close out games....hes automatic from the line and can make a 3 for you as well if youre down 3 at the end....i won the 52 draft league recently with him and he was unbelievable in the playoffs....hes also sneaky good from the line(ended up in the top 5 ftm for me)

cant really call it a steal at 19 though...tough to argue against anyone drafted above him

11/14/2012 1:55 PM
this is the first time i remember seeing nance go this early....and ahead of marion too...id say bad pick but nates been known to have haters eat their words so ill just call it confusing haha

11/14/2012 1:59 PM
100D 1.1 to per game, have to keep 100d guy on court to use best Lucas, plus trying to build a low to team for the first time, Nance fit, I know its way early but high usage guys will be there in next two rounds.
11/14/2012 2:32 PM
Marion was an option but easier to have 70d ave with Nance, passed on other guys like Duncan and KG that I've used too many times before, gets boring doing the same thing over and over, even when it seems to work.
11/14/2012 2:39 PM
Robertson and Pippen- the Sam Spade backcourt........

you know, the stuff dreams are made of.
11/14/2012 10:06 PM
Posted by natenoy on 11/14/2012 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Marion was an option but easier to have 70d ave with Nance, passed on other guys like Duncan and KG that I've used too many times before, gets boring doing the same thing over and over, even when it seems to work.
lol - used too many times before? you still sticking to your story about being a newcomer to draft leagues?
11/14/2012 10:24 PM
I, on the other hand, haven't used Garnett in a while. I think he's generally overrated, but he has one season that I think makes him worthy of the first round. And was glad to see Allen sitting there for my second pick, I almost took him with the first. Not quite sure who I'll be looking for when it comes back to me, but I'll figure it out.
11/14/2012 10:27 PM
Well in some ways I'm glad scud picked McHale before he got around to me. I would have certainly been tempted with that efg.
11/15/2012 11:48 PM

I was taking McHale with the next pick after scud.

11/16/2012 4:10 PM
sorry about that, glen... just seemed like a good pairing with wilt. wilt's 68% fg coupled with mchale's 60%. looks pretty on paper, but once mixed in the machinations of the sim engine, just a crapshoot.
11/16/2012 5:58 PM
We need more chatter.

I have become somewhat leery of efg%- you spend money to get 60% guys and they shoot 50%. You get 50 % guys and they shoot 45%- bit of a kick in the head moneywise.

I also suspect than an individual with a huge creb% and one with a terrible % is never as effective as two guys with the same total creb but more evenly distributed.

in any case big-O Pippen and Bobby Jones is a start to a team that I like.
11/17/2012 7:50 AM
Team I like the most right now: coachcroft's
11/17/2012 8:40 AM
Thanks robo.........I can go a lot of different ways here. Need some low usage guys to fill in some spots and I have to be a little concerned with cash because Wade and Brand are both over 9M! Yikes. Despite his numbers Brand doesn't have an extremely high usg so he should be a good 2nd option with Wade. I hope to use Brand at the sf. Usually like more 3's from that spot but my recent teams haven't been too good on the boards so I decided to go a different route at that position. I just hope I can keep him there.
11/17/2012 9:06 AM
I like scuds team. I think McHale is the perfect fit next to Wilt. He has to be next to a high reb center which is why I was afraid to take him. 
11/17/2012 9:08 AM
I love scud's three players individually, but salary would seem to be a concern. Not sure he can afford to use the top McHale season w/ Wilt and Penny (or maybe not the top Penny season, either). Using what is IMO the best Wilt and the best McHale/Penny gives him about half of his minutes for $30 mil, leaving only $17 mil for the other half. Not impossible, but difficult.
11/17/2012 9:05 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.