Schmidt (Rolls 12/1/12--Need ONE Owner) Topic

All,

With our new
Commissioner (last two years) and our hand-picked and installed quality Owners, Schmidt is a league on the rise.  What does this mean?  It means a competitive league with a minimum-win-rule that we rarely have to enforce (this year will be the first time on record) and parity--the last five seasons have seen five different World Series winners and eight different teams playing in the Series.

This is why we only have TWO open teams at this time (playing the ALCS and NLCS).  Please put your name in early (reply to this classified) if you'd like to join (call out the team)--we're especially looking for a veteran to take over Team #1
:

Team #1
NL East

Taken Over By JL9000

This team has won eight (8) straight Division titles and is in control in Season 15 to win its 9th.  With ace Tanner Davies and his partner Bill Roosevelt locked up long term, this team will compete for a long time to come.  The offense is solid enough, third in the league in total home runs collectively.  Euribiel Sierra leads a defense that is better than the league average.  This team should make the playoffs consistently for another three to four years with minor/no changes.  We're looking for a quality veteran owner for this team.

Team #2
AL West
Taken Over By pfattkatt

This squad had a winning record last year (82-80) but hasn't been managed day-to-day (on autopilot) and the results show.  The team is currently in last place and when you look at the talent here it's underachieving.  
Harry Davis is in his prime, and a future HOFer.  Stu Dolan is winding down a career that has seen him win an MVP and be a constant 30/30 threat--but there is still plenty of life in his bat.  On the pitching side of the equation Keith Kennedy remains a solid closer.  The starting staff is serviceable but could use two acquisitions in the offseason.  Biggest benefit perhaps to this team?  A weak division:  A .500% record would put you in 1st. One or two trades/FA moves could heavily impact this team in a positive way.

Team #3
AL West
Taken Over By dogersrays

This team has been consistently middle-of-the-road, but with only $39m in committed payroll next season and a poor division (see above), they'll be plenty of easy opportunities to take the next step.  The rebuilding process can continue as this team will have a top ten pick in the draft next year.  You can add whoever that choice is with
Mark Plesac, who's going to be a future star and Troy Wade who factors in as a future big league starter.  ML wise, what's there to work with?  Well, I'm a big fan of Nick Veres, who spent only two seasons in the minors before making a big league impact.  Former 3B Silver Slugger Tony Leon still gets the job done on the offensive side.  This is an "insta-rebuild" team that should contend for the division title in two seasons.

Team #4
NL South

This team has muddled around in mediocrity for a little while.  Well for starters, you've got one of the future superstars in the league to work with:  Dennis Singleton.  Switch hitting Houston Coke is in line for a promotion next year, and Ramon Jung will join them soon.  I don't see this team competing for a division title or a wild card in the next two seasons, but the farm system is loaded with prospects (and will have another high draft pick this year), so for someone who has a three/four year plan this franchise would be a lot of fun to craft.

Look forward do seeing you join the League,

-AC

11/28/2012 1:33 PM (edited)

Update 12.05.12

FULL & about to play ball.

We occasionally need replacement owners, and we keep a list of interested owners for early contact next season.  If interested in joining the Schmidt wait/alternate list, please site mail.  Happy to hear from you -

Update 12.02.12

ROLLING!  One team left (see above).  

Welcome to our new owners!

Update 11.29.12

Thanks to aaron_clark for managing our forum ad, and congrats on winning his 2nd World Series title.  If only the real world Seattle franchise had such a GM...

We are OFFICIALLY ELIGIBLE FOR ROLLOVER starting DECEMBER 1ST.

Again:  DECEMBER 1ST.  

We need but one more owner to take on a promising, young franchise (see above), and we are ready to play ball. 

Please feel free to sitemail your inquiries, or leave a message on the board and we will cheerfully contact you. 

Thanks-

Zzoo (Schmidt commish)

12/5/2012 12:45 PM (edited)

All,

It appears possible, if not probable that this league will have zero rollover time.  If that appeals to you, you should get your name in for one of the last two teams.  We're in the process of finishing up the AL and NLCS.

-AC

11/22/2012 1:45 PM
11/23/2012 5:03 PM
Bump
11/24/2012 4:34 PM
ill  join i have been in centerfield past 3 seasons
11/27/2012 4:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
11/28/2012 1:33 PM
Guess which poster missed the minimum win requirement. Great league, that's why it's filling up fast. Looks like one more owner to zero rollover.
11/28/2012 7:31 PM
I think I'm slated to take over chrisjanning's team. Looks like he should have been able to get more than 55 wins.
11/28/2012 7:35 PM
Correct.  I missed the MWR but I'm quite relieved to have an excuse to leave.  If you want to enjoy yourself with this game (which is typically the reason for playing) then seriously consider a different league.  Sitemail if you wish to discuss.
11/28/2012 10:06 PM
Commish is a great guy, but it seemed every time there was a trade there was wailing and teeth gnashing in world chat. I just stopped looking at the world in the end, hence the SD team doing poorly.
11/29/2012 1:38 AM
A disproportionate amount of the 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' (and rending of garments?) had to do with activities of one owner who was blatantly tanking.  That owner is not returning.  
11/29/2012 10:37 AM
Meanwhile, World Series is complete and Schmidt is eligible for rollover on December 1st.  
11/29/2012 12:42 PM (edited)
Not really.  All trades are overly scrutinized regardless of the owner.  Continue to sitemail me if you have more questions.  Clearly I'm not the only one.
11/29/2012 10:44 AM
12 Next ▸
Schmidt (Rolls 12/1/12--Need ONE Owner) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.