Bryant - Season 85 (DIII) Topic

You've got me for the next coaches voting poll. This is my first season here, so I'm still pretty knew to the website. I'm addicted already, and looking forward to many seasons to come. Maybe I'll eventually be able to get my baldwin-wallace team to overcome their long history losing. It's gonna be tough playing in the OAC with Mt. Union, Wilmington (OH) and a few other really good teams. 

11/25/2012 5:47 PM
elkhour, I don't get your "go cougars" post. Concordia-Wis. is the Falcons:

http://www.cuwfalcons.com/landing/index

Actually, they are in the same real-life conference (Northern Athletics Conference) as the Concordia-Chicago Cougars, but I just wanted to give you grief.

11/25/2012 8:46 PM
Posted by tribewriter on 11/25/2012 8:46:00 PM (view original):
elkhour, I don't get your "go cougars" post. Concordia-Wis. is the Falcons:

http://www.cuwfalcons.com/landing/index

Actually, they are in the same real-life conference (Northern Athletics Conference) as the Concordia-Chicago Cougars, but I just wanted to give you grief.

ROFL. I thought Concordia (WI) were the cougars and Concordia (IL) were the Hornets, turned out to be quite mixed up.
Well, what matters most is that we defeated MIT 20-3  I was expecting this to be much closer.
And just to make things right, GO FALCONS!
11/26/2012 12:03 AM
To make things even more confusing, WIS has their school colors reversed. Concordia (WI) is blue and white, Concordia-Chicago is maroon and gold ... everywhere except WIS.
11/26/2012 8:08 PM
Updated.
Guys, we need more coaches participating in the "real" coaches poll that is being compiled by bisoneer. So far, there are only 5 coaches that I am aware of. All you need to do is send your subjective Top 25 rankings 3-4 times per season.
tribewriter, get back do DIII and participate! :P and bring good old JJ with you I miss you guys :) DII sucks in Bryant!
11/27/2012 4:44 PM
 Great work man.
Well written and very informative.
11/27/2012 5:05 PM
This was updated and bisoneer's poll is due tomorrow. We need more guys to participate!
11/28/2012 3:54 PM
Pretty the Coaches Poll is due today elkhour and thanks for the update!!
11/28/2012 4:47 PM
Thanks again for everyone who took the time to participate in making the coaches poll. (Bisoneer, Elkhour, Superv97, Bucki22, and Cin_Ben). Here are the coaches picks for the top 25 halfway through conference play:

1. Ferrum (3)
2. Concordia (WI) (2)
3. Gettysburg
4. Huntingdon
5. Wisconsin-Platteville
6. Howard Payne
7. Linfield
8. Austin
9. St. Olaf
10. Mount Union
11. Wisconsin-Stout
12. California Lutheran
13. Trinity (TX)
14. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
15. Merchant Marine Academy
16. Macalester
17. Susquehanna
18. Menlo
18. Wilmington (OH)
20. Loras
21. Oberlin
22. Whittier
23. Greenville
24. Methodist
25. Washington (MO)

Others receiving votes: Franklin & Marshall, New Jersey, Bridgewater, Guildford, Waynesburg, Bluffton, King's and South-Sewanee
11/28/2012 9:20 PM (edited)
Ferrum moved to #1 in the polls with 3 first place votes after the previous #1 Austin fell to California Lutheran. Concordia (WI) stayed a close second to the leading position and picked up 2 first place votes. #3 Gettysburg and #4 Huntingdon both advanced one spot and #5 Wisconsin-Platteville jumped above #6 Howard Payne to round out the top 5. California Lutheran managed to advance 7 spots to #12 despite losing to Howard Payne since the last round of voting, largely in part to upsetting Austin. #22 Whittier had the largest drop this week, down 14 spots after suffering a 27-21 loss to their division foe South-Sewanee. Four teams dropped out of the top 25: Bluffton, New Jersey, East Texas Baptist, and Guilford. Four teams are also making their first appearance in the BCP top 25: #16 Macalester, #17 Susquehanna, #23 Greenville and #25 Washington (MO). The #18 spot is shared by Menlo and Wilmington (OH) who were tied in votes, the only tie in this week's top 25. 

With 4 conference games left, only two top 25 match-ups remaining in the schedule, both in division play.
12/1 has the top 2 teams in action on the road against a ranked opponent with:
#2 Concordia (WI) @ #23 Greenville in the CC 
#1 Ferrum @ #24 Methodist in the USA South

11/28/2012 9:50 PM
Also, if anyone is interested in getting your two cents included in the Bisoneer Coaches Poll (BCP) please sitemail me!
11/28/2012 9:57 PM
Nice work on the writeup and polls, it really helps to keep some interest in the game.

fwiw, Wisky Platte is way overrated.  We still have a class of SIMs to lose next season and RS SR*'s won't be in full effect til the season after that.  Until then, I just hope to make CC game and maybe some playoff games to get my player growth up.

Keep up the good work.
11/29/2012 1:14 AM (edited)
Thanks for putting all of this together bison, hope it slowly builds up and we get more coaches participating.
Also, check your site mail.
11/29/2012 2:40 AM
Love reading this every day.. Its too bad theres not one of these for the other worlds I'm in.
11/29/2012 3:27 PM
12/1 update is live. Here's the rest of the program for this thread.
12/2: last daily update
12/3: playoffs preview & predicitions (after the brackets are out)
12/3: polls will be out, 3rd post on the main page. Everyone will be able to vote for best players by position, best conference, best coach, biggest upset, etc...
12/3: bisoneer's last "real" coaches poll for this season will be up
12/6: All-American team: to create the DIII Bryant Season 85 All-American team, we will take in account the votes of each and everyone of you in the polls on the first page, and we will draft an All-American team (1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 5 DL, 4 LB, 5 DB, 1 K, 1 P)
12/1/2012 3:37 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Bryant - Season 85 (DIII) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.