NCIH $52 Million Draft Evaluations Topic

I do appreciate the creativity that is going on this season. I hate the Magic and Stockton backcourt on paper in the SIM league, but would have loved to see it in RL. Did those two guys play together at the same time in 1992 for the dream team?
12/3/2012 12:45 AM
Stockton only played in 4 of the 8 games averaged about 10 minutes. I believe Bird and Stockton were experiencing injury problems. Magic played 28 or 29 minutes in 6 of the 8 games and was awesome. So I doubt they shared court time together.
12/3/2012 11:04 AM
My draft board leading up to the Stockton pick was ; pippen, mchale, duncan, brand and Stockton with love and mutombo possibilities. I thought Stockton would be gone and pippen would slid to me. It didn't work out so I went with Stockton over love and mutombo. We will have to wait and see if that was to big a risk. One thing for sure, every pick the rest of the way needs to be on the money as far as usage and turnovers go.
12/3/2012 11:44 AM
I drafted Willis Reed several times and he always played up to his potential. His Usg is 5% lower than the Admirals, which will only increase his eFG% and solves any scoring disparity I might run into in later rounds...
12/3/2012 12:34 PM
Posted by Ginandjuice on 12/2/2012 11:32:00 AM (view original):
Honestly, there are a couple of solid late round rebounders. There are reasons they drop to the 4th and 5th rounds, but he can still get enough guys to at least break even with rebounds. We will have to see who evil picks, but if it was me I would feel confident that I can land at least a couple of the guys I have in mind. 
I haven't even started the process of looking in to guys, but it is true, there will be guys there and I will hopefully capitalize on that. I guess it is time for me to build a list and see who falls between now and my next selection. Should be fun to see if I build a list of 10 guys and each of them gets taken.
12/3/2012 1:25 PM
  6) bluenote75----- Shaq. Great offense, okay defense, and a bit poor rebounding wise based on what was still on the board. It never hurts though to start this draft with dominant inside player with very high EFG%. Steve Nash. Not the best choice. High turnovers and terrible defensively. Shad needs big time help on the boards now more than ever. Again mildly shocked the an SF wasn't the pick. This grade is a C- to maybe a C if all of the other picks are super good.

I wanted to use players I haven't used before this time around.  Both Shaq and Nash are players I haven't used. We'll see.  I think I can find some help on the boards later on.
12/3/2012 9:40 PM
I'm pretty happy with Moses and Gary Payton. I've seen Payton in the top 10 for league MVP numerous times, yet he gets no respect. Yes, there were some great SF & SG left. However, my recent drafts have been taking 2nd and 3rd tier point guards late and I'm kinda tired of looking at that bunch, so I decided on Payton. I also like his low fouls and turnovers and MPG at 40+. 
12/4/2012 12:05 AM
Sweet pairing Vance. I doubt Wilt and Kobe have been together in the sim draft leagues before.
12/4/2012 9:48 AM
One thing that is obvious in WIS is that elite rebounders rarely hit their RL totals in the sim. Some of that can be attributed to the fact that we are all trying to minimize missed shots by taking the best efg guys from the entire history of the NBA. I've seen Nater come close to RL numbers, because he has the 3rd highest dreb pct in the game. Having the 100D Wade offsets the Nater 36 on the team-wide scale, and I plan to "d up" in the 4th or 5th with a 70 or higher big. Im also being VERY careful with my remaining efg, I cannot afford anyone with a usgage over 17.5 in the paint that does not go at least mid-50. Wade will miss many a shot, and the players putting back those misses sure as heck better be making those shots, or Im toast.
12/4/2012 10:57 AM
The first player I thought of for hitting his actual numbers in the sim is Tim Duncan. I have him in a progressive and from what I've seen he is just consistent when it comes to reaching the numbers, never far off and never far above. David Robinson tends to be another in terms of rebounding numbers.
12/4/2012 11:11 AM
I hear you on the progressive front, Nater is more than a board a game over his rl numbers in the progressive im in, but the league efg is way lower than any draft league.
12/4/2012 11:48 AM
Hey all stupid question if a player is a usage of 22.1% but I play them at a position they are 99%, is their net usage now 21.9%?

12/5/2012 5:28 PM
nope.  Usage is unaffected by out of position and fatigue penalties.
12/5/2012 5:39 PM
Posted by ashamael on 12/5/2012 5:39:00 PM (view original):
nope.  Usage is unaffected by out of position and fatigue penalties.
Thanks Ash!
12/5/2012 5:42 PM
Alonzo Mourning. Really good guards were available and this was the pick? Mourning only has one or maybe 2 good seasons to use as a backup for both Howard and Buck. I would say that this is the worst pick in the draft so far but I don't want to encourage jakotay. So the grade for this pick is an F+.

He'll be starting at the 4.  Buck will play the 3 at a 1% penalty.

Its only the worse pick if I end up with the number 1 pick..... and as mediocre as I am- I have never earned that privilege.  First time for everything I suppose......

12/6/2012 11:26 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
NCIH $52 Million Draft Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.