Update News - Game Plans Topic

Posted by whyohdeeay on 12/16/2012 2:41:00 PM (view original):
I personally think you guys need to focus on getting more customers in GD before you make the game controls more complicated.  Why not throw a deal on Groupon or allow us to invite friends via facebook (or twitter for those who have it) instead of only by email?  New coaches that come in with even more settings to control are going to be overwhelmed and not likely to return to the game.
     This sounds right.
12/22/2012 10:12 AM
Posted by whyohdeeay on 12/16/2012 2:41:00 PM (view original):
I personally think you guys need to focus on getting more customers in GD before you make the game controls more complicated.  Why not throw a deal on Groupon or allow us to invite friends via facebook (or twitter for those who have it) instead of only by email?  New coaches that come in with even more settings to control are going to be overwhelmed and not likely to return to the game.
This is opposite of the comments that followed the new update in 2010 (GD 1.0 to 2.0). The main complaint is that the new 2.0 game was "dumbed down" and the effort required to win a NC was diminished so anyone with a run of random occurances could win. As I saw it then - the population of coached teams dropped by about 70% because it was too simple. The new gameplanning will have a basic setting for newbies who want to play, and advance settings for those who want to be more involved. I see this as a good balance, but I would wager that the NC will again be those who put the time in to refining their teams.  Maybe GD evolves into a complex game for die hard players. So be it - it certainly hasn't evolved into a game heavily populated by people wanting a simple chance oriented game.
12/22/2012 1:18 PM
Hmmm interesting point.  I was here for the beginning of GD and just recently came back.  I don't remember it being very complicated in the original days but that was like 6+ years ago so I'm sure I don't remember it accurately.  Not that I'm having troubles with today's settings but a lot of it seems tedious (at first to set it up) compared to when I first played.  Now that I'm back I'm seeing these empty worlds at the DIII and DII levels and the message boards are dead.  Nothing like it used to be.  Now they want to add more settings and more complications.  I just thought it was continuing the trend of decline in human users.  Hopefully I'm wrong...I'm back to being addicted but I will get tired of it soon without more humans and more interaction on the message boards.  Let's hope they get this puppy churning again.
12/22/2012 2:40 PM
The game becoming more complex is not the reason for the empty worlds. That is due to a game engine that is a coin toss. You have winless SIM teams winning the last game of the season against a human team they have no right beating. Heck, I stopped making defensive game plans, and my team does better. And I know I'm not the only one doing this. I hope the new game engine improves the game, or they will see the more leave the game. 
12/22/2012 11:43 PM
Ok gotcha. I have definitely noticed that. I've beaten a human team that I had no business being in contention with and then follow that by getting shut out by a sim team.
12/23/2012 10:17 AM
Posted by ksbillsfan on 12/22/2012 11:43:00 PM (view original):
The game becoming more complex is not the reason for the empty worlds. That is due to a game engine that is a coin toss. You have winless SIM teams winning the last game of the season against a human team they have no right beating. Heck, I stopped making defensive game plans, and my team does better. And I know I'm not the only one doing this. I hope the new game engine improves the game, or they will see the more leave the game. 
I agree, my conference-mate recently won the DII Championship with an 18-1 record.....guess who the loss was to.....SimAI.  Makes no damn sense.
12/26/2012 5:36 PM
Posted by bhouska on 12/26/2012 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ksbillsfan on 12/22/2012 11:43:00 PM (view original):
I agree, my conference-mate recently won the DII Championship with an 18-1 record.....guess who the loss was to.....SimAI.  Makes no damn sense.
SimAI has the most wins of any coach in GD history.
12/26/2012 8:28 PM
Yes, but by far the worst winning percentage......
12/27/2012 10:19 AM
Posted by drewster0 on 12/14/2012 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Bill has it.
Oh yeah...wait...WHERE THE HECK IS BILL!!!!!
1/9/2013 8:56 PM
i just gave up 31 to a SIm  the most they scored all year  with at worst the number 3 def in country
the most they have scored all year
after giving up 30 plus the game before to a SIM

my dl has almost all guys rated in the top 5  several at 1
have top players also on spots of def 

are the numbers suppose to mean something  would be curious to what these developers say as i don't read many of these threads

guy who just won a title said he just runs bal-bal on def  and he was dominate in his playoff run
he was an old player coming back who said he couldn't figure out settings

last  the formations  the SIM i just got worked by has terrible formation settings

the difference in old engine was you had a good idea of how to set things up and had a good feel for how game would be played
now  my guys with 70 speed and 60 hands are being shut down by 43 corners

why not let someone like bhouska fix this ---  when is update  is their an update  should we start recr bumbs?????????

many posts are about all these sets -  for me i just want the numbers to really matter again
1/19/2013 3:08 PM
◂ Prev 123
Update News - Game Plans Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.